Pavilion for Women & Children Providence Hospital-Everett, WA - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-12-2012, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I gave birth at Providence Hospital in May of this year.  I had been planning a home birth since giving birth to my first child in 2008 (At Northwest Hospital in Seattle).  The first time around I really hated being in the hospital.  Nothing was too bad, but I didn't feel as if my birth plan was honored, and things didn't go as I planned.  So when my due date came and went I began to get nervous that I might not go in to labor before the cut off date for a homebirth.  My midwife reassured me that we would get labor going, and that she had only had one mother go beyond 42 weeks.  Well at 41w 6 days we had tried everything...herbs, walking, castor oil, and finally ruptured my membranes.  Labor still did not start, so eventually we headed to the hospital.  I cried and cried.  I was so scared of going to the hospital, and mourning the loss of my homebirth.

The folks at Providence were more than I could have every hoped they would be.  We were able to do a midwife to midwife transfer, meaning I was transferred directly into the care of one of their Certified Nurse Midwives.  Every single person we encountered was amazing.  The nurses knew my birth plan better than I did, and honestly most of their default policy matched up with what I wanted to do anyway.  I never felt like I had to fight for anything.  I later heard that 20 babies were born there the day I gave birth, but I would have thought I was the only person there.  If I have another baby, I will be going back there, no doubt.

I just wanted to share in case anyone is trying to find a hospital and where they can have as natural a birth as possible.

Velvet - Mama to Trevor (6) Lucy (2) and a new little bean December 2014

novaxnocirc.gif  fambedsingle1.gif homeschool.gif fly-by-nursing1.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 09-20-2012, 08:01 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Thanks for sharing your positive experience! smile.gif

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page