Come complain with me: when will the rain come?????? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-09-2012, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)

I would be loving this gorgeous fall, if only we'd had a couple of days with actual rain.

Can you believe it?

What's a slug to do?

RAAAAAIN!  Please!

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
#2 of 8 Old 10-09-2012, 11:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I'm fine with no rain.  We'll have plenty soon enough.

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#3 of 8 Old 10-10-2012, 03:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It looks like the rain will be here by this weekend :)

DS:15 DD:12 DS:7 DS:5
Surrogate baby born: 9/17/12
Surrogate baby due: 12/14/14
#4 of 8 Old 10-10-2012, 03:58 AM

We've been getting plenty. Wish we could send it to you for a while. Why do you want rain?
#5 of 8 Old 10-10-2012, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

The forest is shriveled and crispy, the air is filled with haze, I'm still watering my barely-alive garden at my rental, I don't think I'm going to have much success seeding my bare (and duuuusty!) bare dirt from our new house.  Usually that happens late September, with plenty of milder temps for the grass to get a good start.  The maples gave up and dropped their seeds en masse.  Pear crop from our unirrigated orchard is tiny (the soil is better at our property than our old house in town in a ancient river bed, not to mention on top of the septic).  I heard one frog.  

I don't know about other areas, but the Olympia area has not seen a drop of rain for a long time.  Let's see......

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
#6 of 8 Old 10-10-2012, 08:15 AM

I guess I shouldn't have posted. I saw this in the recent list, which doesn't specify which forum. I'm in PA, and we've had a several day stretch of showers and storms. I'd like to see the sun. If only we could send you the next rain!
#7 of 8 Old 10-10-2012, 08:19 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, well, can only find temps.  

We had a day of showers locally mid-August, nearly 2 months ago.  September had zero rain.  Up here most of the time, a day of mild rain is not significant as it barely penetrates.  You need a whole weekend, and the last time we had that was early July.  Looks like some rain for this weekend, then sun after.  I'll feel a bit better.  Maybe because I'm a gardener and live surrounded by trees in our forest struggling that I'm really feeling this.  I've been maintaining the garden a full month longer than normal.  Our 1/2 mile dirt road is turning into a washboard.

No, I'm liking the mild weather, but I enjoy it more when we've had a bit of rain to ease the dryness.

Really, nobody else is feeling shriveled and dusty?

#8 of 8 Old 10-10-2012, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pek64 View Post

I guess I shouldn't have posted. I saw this in the recent list, which doesn't specify which forum. I'm in PA, and we've had a several day stretch of showers and storms. I'd like to see the sun. If only we could send you the next rain!

But I love the sentiment!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page