Snohomish County WA midwives and baby-friendly OB's/hospitals - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-16-2012, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am asking for a friend smile I am looking for recommendations for Snohomish County WA midwives and baby-friendly OB's/hospitals etc. Bellevue/Eastside is fine; she lives in the city of Snohomish proper so anywhere around that area. She just found out she is pregnant with her first, and she has a complicated medical history so we want to find the right fit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 10-21-2012, 10:28 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

I'm bumping up your post. bump.gifAnyone have a recommendation to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 5 Old 10-22-2012, 05:48 PM

Would you consider North Seattle? My OB, Dr Dana Blackham, was very supportive of my 2 previous low intervention hospital births at Northwest Hospital (near Northgate). He is FANTASTIC, very hands off. His office is kind of bare bones, but he is a single provider practice which means he attends most of his births. Also, if he's out of town during your due date, he will tell you months in advance. I actually opted to continue with him for my 2nd birth instead of a home birth. 

I am planning a home birth this time around, but only because we now live 2 hours away.

Married to DH in 1999, Mother to Big N (2004), Mother to Little N (2005), Expecting our third in March (2013).

#4 of 5 Old 11-25-2012, 07:48 PM

Gretchen Weiss-Elliot at Providence is fantastic. I attended a birth with her in the role of a doula and I was so impressive I tell anyone north of Seattle about her. Providence is known for being baby-friendly. Evergreen in Kirtland is baby friendly but not mama friendly by many reports.

M.Ed. Mama to Chunka (1/07), Beauty (5/09) and Elizabear 3/12): Birth Doula (working toward certification) AAMI Midwifery Student, Advocating with Solace for Mothers & The Birth Survey

#5 of 5 Old 11-27-2012, 06:41 PM

Melissa Denmark is the midwife behind Snohomish Midwives. She was my midwife for both of my homebirths! I love her and highly recommend her.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page