Mothering Forum banner

Photographer Mama in Seattle Looking to do Family Shots for Free/Portfolio

484 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  nicewife 
#1 ·
Hello! My name is Jesi and I am a mama living in Seattle. I have been doing photography for over five years and have made it my goal to start learning more about lifestyle photography. I've never shot this type of photography before for a family I didn't know, but I believe that my ability to create beautiful and emotional imagery would translate perfectly into family photography, especially now since beginning my own family. I do photography and digital video work. I approach my shoots with a more 'photojournalistic' style and shy away from overprocessing and staging the images. A typical shoot with me would last 1-2 hours, and would consist of taking photographs and filming your family, either around the home or at an outdoor location if you would like (Example: The shoot could start in your home and then move to your favourite cafe or diner). After the film is processed and scanned and the video is edited and put together with music (about 1-2 weeks), you would receive a DVD of your (high resolution) images, one of your video, and the actual film negatives (if you would like them). In return, I ask only for the ability to use your photographs for our portfolio on my website/blog (www.foreandaft.co). If you are way outside of the Seattle/Tacoma area, I just ask for compensation for travel. If you're interested or have any questions, please do get in touch! Thanks!

See less See more
#5 ·
My daughter just turned one and we would like to put together a shoot to document our family at this stage. February will be one year since our newborn photos were taken. Hoping to make this an annual tradition. We live in Seattle by Carkeek Park. We definately want some outdoor shots as well as home environment. Hope we can arrange this with you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.