Recommendations for a 'crunchy' pediatrician/family practice in Renton? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-23-2013, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We do not vaccinate, and we *do* (extend) breastfeed, bed-share, and all that other fun non-mainstream stuff. My midwives want me to get a pediatrician lined up for when the newborn comes (homebirth!) in a few weeks and I also need one to get a referral for chiropractic visits for my toddler (only way one nearby clinic will accept our insurance).

Any help would be appreciated!

Laotian girl, who went from heavy partying to peaceful parenting, to 'Humnoy' (3/13/2011) and 'Lanoi' (2/05/2013)

Mama behind the Breastfeeding Toddler Positions meme and blogging about non-mainstream ideas of parenting at TheLaotianCommotion.com

#2 of 9 Old 01-23-2013, 08:13 PM

I couldn't find one I liked well enough to keep seeing... so we see Dr. Kathleen Allen in Carnation. It's about a 45 minute drive... but so worth it! She's amazing! And the drive is lovely and peaceful. Dr. Allen is an ND and she's also a lactation consultant. She has helped both me and my son so many times! I just adore her.

#3 of 9 Old 01-24-2013, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Ah! Thanks anyway smile.gif

Laotian girl, who went from heavy partying to peaceful parenting, to 'Humnoy' (3/13/2011) and 'Lanoi' (2/05/2013)

Mama behind the Breastfeeding Toddler Positions meme and blogging about non-mainstream ideas of parenting at TheLaotianCommotion.com

#4 of 9 Old 01-25-2013, 11:04 AM

Dr. Randall Uyeno from Ped assoc in factoria is pretty crunchy although he tries to gently recommend vaccines once in a while he doesn't push it and other crunchy stuff he in on board with....

#5 of 9 Old 01-26-2013, 12:45 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, good to know. Thanks for the recommendation! I'll see if insurance is compatible and will set up consult. Our last pediatrician was like that too so I know how to 'handle' that type of doc wink1.gif

#6 of 9 Old 01-29-2013, 11:12 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

If you're willing to drive to Carnation, I second Kathleen Allen.  She is AMAZING.  And she is also a certified lactation consultant, which can be super helpful with a newborn, and she sells breastpumps, supplements, etc right in her office.  Very family friendly too (I usually have all 3 kids with me when I need to take one of them in).

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#7 of 9 Old 02-01-2013, 02:09 AM - Thread Starter

I wish I could but I really can't justify driving any farther than I have to. I figured if I don't like one nearby, I can leave the practice. After all, they work for me. smile.gif thanks for the recommendation and will remember the name if any one else is looking.

#8 of 9 Old 03-20-2013, 10:02 PM

My 8 month old and I both see Dr. Beth Falanga at Natural Family Medicine in Renton and really love her. We also breastfeed, bedshare and do not vaccinate and she is extremely supportive of all our non-mainstream ways. If you haven't found someone yet I highly recommend her.
#9 of 9 Old 03-20-2013, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamsenleigh View Post

My 8 month old and I both see Dr. Beth Falanga at Natural Family Medicine in Renton and really love her. We also breastfeed, bedshare and do not vaccinate and she is extremely supportive of all our non-mainstream ways. If you haven't found someone yet I highly recommend her.
definitely will look her up, thanks so much!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page