I can't believe there are no mamas in Eugene!!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 02-19-2013, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

Eugene mamas..where are you? what do you do on rainy days. I need ideas and can do play dates?????i live in blue river!!!!

#2 of 21 Old 02-20-2013, 10:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

As crunchy as Oregon is, there *have* to be some like minded mamas in your area to get together with. Unfortunately, I'm a little more than a day trip away, down in Lakeview, or I'd suggest we get together. 

Affordable organics delivered from GREEN POLKADOT BOX

Wife to jammin.gif Beast 

Mama to guitar.gif Crash (14) and hippie.gifSpritely (12)

#3 of 21 Old 02-20-2013, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

i know right????? i do sometimes get your way. we will have to personally connect then when that happens. until then just the internet...thanks for that at least. you sound really cool(i know i'm all high school) lol!

#4 of 21 Old 02-20-2013, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

ha i thought you were near portland. i am so confused. been in oregon for 3 years.california transplant. sometimes we do make it to ashland.

#5 of 21 Old 02-20-2013, 11:57 AM

We've moved a LOT over the past few years. I was working as a travel writer, updating travel guides to a lot of different US regions. We did spend a few months in Portland. We had planned to settle down there, but it turns out we like visiting that area far more than living there. =D Lakeview is totally where we are meant to be.

Ashland is about 4 - 5 hours from us. We get out that way maybe once or twice a year, but are usually pretty tied up with family when we do. I think at least one of the kids will qualify for the state archery tournament this year, though. We'll be up in Eugene for that. I'll let you know if that happens and we can see about getting together then. lol

Affordable organics delivered from GREEN POLKADOT BOX

Wife to jammin.gif Beast 

Mama to guitar.gif Crash (14) and hippie.gifSpritely (12)

#6 of 21 Old 02-21-2013, 05:41 AM

I lived in Eugene until last year.  My guys (big and little) loved going to skate world in Springfield.  There were also a couple of homeschool/unschool groups that did outings and classes all over the place that you can look up.

Good luck :)

#7 of 21 Old 02-21-2013, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I wish we were in Eugene. Right now we're living in Lebanon. I will be in Eugene for a week during the Midwifery Today conference, if you want to come say hi.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#8 of 21 Old 02-21-2013, 04:27 PM

I'm in Springfield! My guy is almost 2 and I have another due in May.

We went to Splash and played in the kiddie pool today. I've also heard great things about the library's story time in Eugene. There's an attachment parenting group if that's your thing. They have a facebook group and I think they meet up sometimes, but we just moved here so I haven't gotten to go to any of the meet-ups yet.

#9 of 21 Old 02-21-2013, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

when is the conference?

#10 of 21 Old 02-23-2013, 07:07 AM

I'm moving to Eugene in June, with my 4 year old son and 2 year old daughter, so I'm looking for playgroups and suggestions too! I'm surprised there aren't oodles of Eugene mamas here too. 

Student and SAHM to my sweet little boy (2-2009), happily unmarried to my best friend and expecting #2 in April!
#11 of 21 Old 02-25-2013, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph152 View Post

I'm moving to Eugene in June, with my 4 year old son and 2 year old daughter, so I'm looking for playgroups and suggestions too! I'm surprised there aren't oodles of Eugene mamas here too. 

hey that's great!!!! something that should have been so obvious wasn't until recently....parks and rec. there are many classes in eugene and springfield.

#12 of 21 Old 02-25-2013, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchelmarie View Post

I'm in Springfield! My guy is almost 2 and I have another due in May.

We went to Splash and played in the kiddie pool today. I've also heard great things about the library's story time in Eugene. There's an attachment parenting group if that's your thing. They have a facebook group and I think they meet up sometimes, but we just moved here so I haven't gotten to go to any of the meet-ups yet.

i will have to check out splash kiddie pool. we are taking toddler lessons in april! we do go to story time too!!

#13 of 21 Old 04-02-2013, 08:33 AM

Hey there! We are moving to Eugene in 3 weeks. We're definitely looking to meet folks. I've got a 7 year old, 3 year old and one due this week. We homeschool though so it's pretty easy for us to get together to meet others!

#14 of 21 Old 04-02-2013, 01:10 PM

i live in eugene ...actually for the last 3 years living between eugene & canada while i am in grad school.

i will officially be done & move back permanently on may 1st (super duper excited!)joy.gif

we are transplants as well (from california & canada) and moved there almost 7 years ago.

we absolutely love living in eugene!!!!

i have 3 kids & one on the way: DSS 19, DSD 16, DS 11 & baby due 09/13.

i was going second suggesting checking out the library, the parks & rec website, as well as amazon pool in the summer.

sundance natural foods is a great place to connect with other parents, as well as at various parks throughout the city.

(skinner's butte -riverplay play ground is fun (especially when it gets warmer) as is the amazon playground).

gotmoxie: i hope you have a great move!

#15 of 21 Old 04-04-2013, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmoxie View Post

Hey there! We are moving to Eugene in 3 weeks. We're definitely looking to meet folks. I've got a 7 year old, 3 year old and one due this week. We homeschool though so it's pretty easy for us to get together to meet others!

hey after you feel settled after the birth lets meet up or something. i do go into town at least once a  week!!!! congrats on your new and coming baby!!!

#16 of 21 Old 04-04-2013, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda bee View Post

i live in eugene ...actually for the last 3 years living between eugene & canada while i am in grad school.

i will officially be done & move back permanently on may 1st (super duper excited!)joy.gif

we are transplants as well (from california & canada) and moved there almost 7 years ago.

we absolutely love living in eugene!!!!

i have 3 kids & one on the way: DSS 19, DSD 16, DS 11 & baby due 09/13.

i was going second suggesting checking out the library, the parks & rec website, as well as amazon pool in the summer.

sundance natural foods is a great place to connect with other parents, as well as at various parks throughout the city.

(skinner's butte -riverplay play ground is fun (especially when it gets warmer) as is the amazon playground).

gotmoxie: i hope you have a great move!

we do actually do to storytime at the library. it is a great resource!!!!! and the parks and rec have fun classes to take. we are taking a swimming class in 3 weeks.

#17 of 21 Old 04-04-2013, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phathui5 View Post

I wish we were in Eugene. Right now we're living in Lebanon. I will be in Eugene for a week during the Midwifery Today conference, if you want to come say hi.

hey...how is the conference???? if i were going to be in eugene i'd come visit you at the hilton!!!!! i got the worse migraine this week and dh is doing the grocery shopping friday;(

#18 of 21 Old 04-08-2013, 12:50 AM

It was awesome!

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#19 of 21 Old 04-11-2013, 11:03 AM

Riverplay playground is one of our favorite parks. There's some nice walking paths along the river there too.

"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere." -Vincent Van Gogh
#20 of 21 Old 10-25-2013, 11:08 PM

Check out the New Mothering Center on Lawrence and 13th! They have some groups there. Not sure what all they have happening, but i think they have a moms group of sorts. We go to a free baby music class there and then there is baby story time and toddler story time at the library. Also LLL meets twice a month at friends church on 18th.

With DW partners.gif, DD1peace.gif(15), & DD2guitar.gif(11) since '09. Naturally birthed DD3 ecbaby2.gif6/21/13. We familybed1.gif, I bftoddler.gif and I'm a total treehugger.gif.  Family of five females! grouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifLOVE makes a family.             M/C candle.gif 2/10 ~Ahti Pan, forever in my heart.
#21 of 21 Old 11-21-2013, 04:04 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

For all the mama's looking for mama's. Pm me and I will set you up. We have a HUGE fb group and take good care of our own. But i really rarely hear the talking about MDC.

What pregnancy does to my head: dizzy.gif
What new babies do for my heart:   treehugger.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page