Mama's in the Bend area or in Idaho - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-04-2013, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My hubby and I are looking to move, we love Bend, but we would need work for my hubby. Anyone in either Bend, Or or Idaho know of any decent work available in those areas. We have 3 beautiful daughters and one on the way! My hubby is currently an Energy Auditor with lots of management experience. So I am throwing this out there to see if anyone has any ideas, I want to move so bad!! Any thoughts would be appreciated!!

#2 of 7 Old 04-07-2013, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone!!!

#3 of 7 Old 04-10-2013, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

The job market in Bend is tough, seems like most people we know wing it for a while until something good opens up.  Many of us have put some of our financial security on the line to get here because it is such an awesome place to live and for most it has worked out but not without some sacrifices.  I wish I had some good ideas for employment but other than "pounding the pavement" and using the usual job search strategies, no great ideas.  Lots of luck to you!!

If you have other Bend-specific questions, send me a note.  We have been here over 2 years and LOVE it, count our blessings every day that we found this mountain/high desert paradise!

Mom to DS 9/18/09 and DS 3/28/13
Laugh it up, fuzzball biggrinbounce.gif 

#4 of 7 Old 04-12-2013, 11:03 PM

As for the job market in Idaho, you could always pull up the Idaho department of labor website to see what listings they have. Also, depending on where in Idaho you're looking, if it's North Idaho, like CDA/ Post Falls area, Washington is just next door too... they also have a higher minimum wage.

#5 of 7 Old 04-30-2013, 12:53 AM

The area of idaho which is idaho falls i live in doesn't really have that great of job market. And the INL just let a ton of people go. But i would definitely go to the Idaho department of labor web site and look.
It is just a fantastic area to raise a family and the people r so nice. I am born and raised in IF.
#6 of 7 Old 05-09-2013, 01:46 PM

#7 of 7 Old 05-11-2013, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Not too sure about schools, we have a 3.5yo and a 1mo old but we will be looking to either homeschool, charter or waldorf.  I have heard that the charter schools can be good, depending on what you are looking for.  They all seem to have a different style/focus.  There is one middle school charter.  Some friends and I are doing a small preschool coop and I wouldn't be surprised if several of us homeschool but that won't help you now!  I have heard that there is a homeschool group in town but because of our kiddos ages, I haven't reached out yet.

As for neighborhoods, I would say there are many good options (very few bad neighborhoods) but prices are going up again everywhere, particularly on the west side which tends to be the preferred area for everyone.  However, there are some really great neighborhoods on the east side.  Not sure your price range but if you are looking below $250k, be prepared for bidding wars, unfortunately.  If you start looking and want some feedback or have any other specific questions, feel free to pass a note!

Mom to DS 9/18/09 and DS 3/28/13
Laugh it up, fuzzball biggrinbounce.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page