Corvallis, Oregon - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-09-2013, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi ladies, my family and I will be moving to Corvallis next month. Does anyone have recommendations for good ways to get connected to the natural mothering crowd?

My kids are 4 and 6. I'm interested in finding a summer camp or some kind of summer activity program for my 4 year old. Also, I would love recommendations for a great yoga class and open minded pediatricians. Thanks!!  Kelly

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 05-09-2013, 11:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I live in Lebanon (25 min from Corvallis) and am a big Corvallis fan.

There are lots of great natural family living resources there:

- First Alternative Co-op

http://firstalt.coop/

- Corvallis Babywearers

http://www.corvallisbabywearers.org/

- LLL Willamette Valley (find them on facebook)

Corvallis has a farmer's market on Wednesdays and Saturdays that you should check out, a Trader Joe's, several yoga studios, homeschoolers and charter school options.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds   11yo dd  9yo ds and 7yo ds and 2yo ds  
#3 of 5 Old 05-19-2013, 09:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm looking to move there in a year for grad school at OSU. My oldest boys are also 4 and 6! (and I have a 1.5 yr old) I'd like to follow this thread :) I visited a couple weeks ago and loved it! 

In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
#4 of 5 Old 06-04-2013, 07:28 PM

Honestly you can't go wrong with any of the Peds in town, I have found. I have ALWAYS only used pre-screened Family Doctors for my LOs before we moved, but now we see a Ped, in a Corporate Practice @ that and we are ALL good. We are not a Vax family to date. No trouble. Now does my primary AGREE? Not necessarily but he wouldn't have even brought it up if I hadn't. And we saw someone else on a sick visit in the same office and she didn't even ask about our status! PM me if you want the names, I picked my primary because he has a reputation for having excellent clinical judgement. (I am an herbalist so I am not looking for herbal input from MDs, if I go to the Ped it is because I want Western Medical diagnosis/care). I just went in for an ear irritation & it did turn out to be infected but the Ped specifically was supportive of me continuing the herbal regimen he was on & doing watchful waiting & she printed me out a script *just in case* but only wanted me to use it if necessary.

There is also Lincoln Health Center that many people go there and they are fine with Select/No/Delay also. IDK about the Corvallis Clinic, but they really may be accomodating too, they are a physician owned practice, which is in itself, interesting.

Looks like you will be here soon! Hope to catch up with you when you get here!

Turquesa likes this.
#5 of 5 Old 06-04-2013, 07:31 PM

There is also a fairly large waldorf school at the old Fairview school on highway 20. Corvallis is a great place for naturally minded families. I really miss it!
olliesmommy likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page