Portland mamas of school age kiddos?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-25-2013, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Can anyone tell me anything about Arleta Elementary?  We are relocating to Portland from Eugene in August and my son is starting kindergarten in September.  We just passed on a duplex in the Grout Elementary school area because I didn't think we could cram our family of 4 plus a large dog and cat into 750 sq. ft. and no yard.  It is all we could find so far in our price range there.  We have an opportunity to maybe get a beautiful house with yard in the Arleta school district... a much more comfortable place, amazing little place actually, but I can't find out anything about the school.  Can anyone offer any stories or opinions about the school....  Those of you who know Portland schools really well, would you choose a more comfortable space and feel good about Arleta or a smaller house to attend a school that seems more art focused like Grout?  I could also be totally off the mark... just looking at all of the data/reviews. 

Feel free to message me with any opinions that you hesitate to share publicly. :)

For what it's worth, my son is rambunctious, extremely imaginative, sensitive, has a hard time sitting still, and struggles with some sensory issues. 

Thanks so much everyone.  This school thing is driving me crazy!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-28-2013, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

Bumping for moonSnail. Any recommendations?

#3 of 4 Old 07-30-2013, 03:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi moonSnail, I hope your move to Portland goes smoothly. I live in the SE near Grout and Arleta. I don't think one school is necessarily much better than the other. My kids go to Lewis Elementary and we love it. I would recommend finding a home that you like that can fit your family (the yard would be great) instead of cramming into a duplex. 

#4 of 4 Old 07-30-2013, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
We're not there yet, but we have an incoming kinder this fall. We know many families already at Arleta, and they're very happy there. We've attended a couple of events there, and they had a good vibe. Welcome to the neighborhood!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page