Looking for Imput Comparing Montessori Preschools in Eugene - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-25-2013, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

while we have everything set up for my kids entering a Montessori school in CA this fall, life has other plans and we "get" to spend a year in Eugene first. 

since we will be moving there just days before school starts, i need to figure out which place to sign up for without getting to really visit them properly. This is really stressing me out.  But my kids are thriving in the part time "school" they have been in this past year and are outgoing and adventuresome lot and will do much better with something to do right away. I strongly want Montessori so that i can see how it fits them before they join the main 3s class next year in CA.

anyone got info good bad or ugly on any of the Eugene schools?  fell free to PM me if it does not feel like its appropriate to share online., thanks

right now i am leaning towards Far Horizons , mostly because it is walking distance to a family members house.

or 

Eugene Montessori since they already start at 2.5 year and would not be making an exception for us (kids will be 32m) and seem a bit better set up. but im going on impressions from calling and chatting and website, so may not be getting the whole picture.

the price difference just between those two is HUGE, and i am really curious why?  i certainly know that in some cases you really do get what you pay for, but i also know that more money does not automatically make anything better too, so i would love to figure out what is behind the costs?

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#2 of 3 Old 07-27-2013, 08:31 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)

Bumping for input. Anyone have info to share?

#3 of 3 Old 08-05-2013, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

wow, nothing? I would think MDC was crawling with Eugene folks, is this not the case?

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page