Anyone in the Southern Oregon/Rogue Valley area? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 10-16-2013, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Ashland/Medford area? We moved to Southern Oregon a year ago and looking for some connections. 

#2 of 13 Old 10-20-2013, 08:29 AM

Bumping for you!

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#3 of 13 Old 12-11-2013, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you, it looks like I'm the only be here so far. smile.gif
#4 of 13 Old 01-03-2014, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey there, I'm looking online at properties near Klamath falls, what's it like down there? We used to live in Eugene, I don't expect it to be like that, just giving background, but Medford seems like a cool kinda crunchy city, true?  We have two kiddos, 4 & almost 2, can you give me any input?  We are pretty crunchy, organic, homeschool, unschool, homebirth, etc... Thanks!

#5 of 13 Old 01-10-2014, 08:50 AM

So I was told Ashland is actually the crunchier town,hoping you will see this traciinoregon, what's it like there?:)

#6 of 13 Old 01-28-2014, 01:47 PM

Ashland is more of the sweet crunchy town but Medford is evolving- just a lot more busy and big store style. Ashland is quaint and great for walking/biking/hiking. Great big park with creek that runs through downtown. Great mothering community!!!
#7 of 13 Old 01-28-2014, 01:50 PM

Klamath Falls is beautiful and scenic but fairly isolated and not very crunchy... Not sure you will be happy with it if that is important to you.
#8 of 13 Old 02-02-2014, 07:42 AM

Thanks for replying. We are looking for some land, that's why I'm asking about Klamath Falls, as long as there is reasonable access to the crunchy stuff, I'm good. Looks like there are some organic farms in the area, true? Between Ashland and Medford?? also, how are you doing with the fukushima problem? Thanks!

#9 of 13 Old 03-02-2014, 10:40 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Hey ladies! Just wanted to jump in here so I'd be subscribed.. The man and I are looking into land in southern Oregon as well, especially around Klamath Falls as we dream of having our own land soon and it seems to be cheaper there, but we've honestly only just begun looking into it seriously, since we finally made it to Northern Oregon (it's a start! All the way from Texas...)
Oregon as a whole is MUCH more "crunchy" than where we are from, so we have been pretty pleased so far, I doubt Klamath Falls would disappoint us.. We are also okay with more isolation, so long as we can access a supportive community occasionally so trade is possible, etc.
We hope to buy land within the next couple of years... It'd be great to connect with others on similar paths! innocent.gif

In case you're curious about my status: I'm Kate, I spend every miraculous day with my darling soul mate JB and we are expecting our first baby (boy!) ...
#10 of 13 Old 03-13-2014, 07:40 AM

Hi katelynrose, we aren't there yet either, congratulations on your move! We're still rolling ideas around. The radiation from fukushima bothers me, however, we love the west coast, the mindset, so..... What's a family to do? Nuclear is everywhere, go where you want to be and take precautions I suppose!  best of luck with everything, let's check in here!

#11 of 13 Old 03-13-2014, 07:41 AM

Oh! So... Are you expecting your first??:)

#12 of 13 Old 03-16-2014, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
The radiation worried me too but my darling man assures me that if it were a problem here it'd be a problem all over the US so I've been hoping for the best ...
Looks like I'm not expecting yet because I started my period this week but now that we are settled in to our new home and we have been calm and eating well I think this month is the month. The move was stressful and we couldn't eat very healthy so we didn't eat much at all, and we got sick. But now were quite healthy and hopeful that this month will be the month!

In case you're curious about my status: I'm Kate, I spend every miraculous day with my darling soul mate JB and we are expecting our first baby (boy!) ...
#13 of 13 Old 06-26-2014, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraciinOregon View Post
<p>Ashland/Medford area? We moved to Southern Oregon a year ago and looking for some connections. </p>
We are in the Applegate Valley ( 1hr north west of Ashland). I have an 8yr, 4.5 yr, and am due in August Let me know if you are still looking for someone to connect with.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page