seeking a ped/family dr/ND in Olympia - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-30-2013, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well my baby is due in about 4 weeks (!!!) and I would love some help choosing a pediatrician.

I would love someone who is an ND but not extreme, or a conventional doctor who is fairly crunchy. :)  I've had challenges with NDs in the past being way too gung ho about cutting out gluten, dairy, etc., with no effect, so I want someone whose MO goes beyond "Stop eating X,Y, and Z" in response to every health issue.

Or I'm open to someone who practices allopathic medicine but knows about natural approaches, won't push vaccines, supports BF, etc.

A family practitioner would be a great bonus.  Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2013, 10:16 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Congratulations on your pregnancy! It looks like your post may have been missed, so I am bumping it up for attention. :bump: Anyone have a recommendation to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Old 12-03-2013, 07:42 AM

We love love love Jennifer Ash, she sees my entire family and she's just so lovely and knowledgeable. She's an ND in West Olympia. However, I hear her practice might be full - you could call her office for more info.

Bridget Sipher at Olympia Pediatrics is a conventional pediatrician, but she's great as well. She doesn't push on the vaccination issue and is very open minded. Very easy to talk to!

Old 12-03-2013, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter

thanks!  we've begun seeing dr. ash and so far, so good!

User Tag List