Good area to find a small rental house in Vancouver WA or Portland OR? Help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-04-2014, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)

My man and I are moving soon, and I'd like to see if anyone has any advice about where we should begin our search for a 3 bedroom small home to rent for a reasonable price (1,200/mo or less). We'd like to live in a decent area but it doesn't necessarily have to be IN town-- we'd be happy living a little outside of town (Vancouver/Portland) if we could save on cost of living. I hoped to find someone who could point me in the right direction. Thanks everyone!

In case you're curious about my status: I'm Kate, I spend every miraculous day with my darling soul mate JB and we are expecting our first baby (boy!) ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2014, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just FYI the drive between Portland and Vancouver sucks... I would pick whichever. You're actually going to be working in.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

We both work from home... We've been living in motels for a week now trying to find a place. I think we will broaden our search to Include Kelso and Longview...

In case you're curious about my status: I'm Kate, I spend every miraculous day with my darling soul mate JB and we are expecting our first baby (boy!) ...
Old 02-16-2014, 10:09 PM

Longview is an hour from Portland. Not a bad place actually. Maybe out by Hillsboro or Forest Grove is cheaper too? I live south of Portland in Clackamas County...sometimes you can find stuff in town that's 1200 but usually it's closer to 1500.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Just moved into an adorable home out in St. Helens! Not so far from town, and this is exactly the population size we were looking for, and very low cost of living-- we are paying $1100 for a 3 bedroom that includes a spare sunroom and large living areas... It was built in the 50s/60s so the ceilings in the two upstairs rooms are very low but the main floor is perfect for the two of us just trying to start a family. Eventually our dream is to buy some cheap land down in Klamath Falls... It's isolated but our aim is to be as self sustainable as possible.

Thanks for responding! Sorry I haven't had reliable Internet and probably won't subscribe at this house until next month, just to save money since I do have 3G on my broken iPad haha... But I appreciate getting to talk to someone nearby who is more familiar with the area! joy.gif

Old 02-25-2014, 05:29 PM

Glad you were able to find what you needed. And yes, St. Helen's is a nice little town.

User Tag List