Mothering Forum banner

Chicken Pox in Portland

3K views 42 replies 21 participants last post by  FamilyColumnist 
#1 ·
My son has the chicken pox. I think today is the last day he is contagious. I'm having people over from 1-4pm today for a pox party. His pox developed 14 days after exposure. PM if interested.

#14 ·
2 week wait.. gosh, its like waiting to take a pregnancy test, haha. Its been just about a week since exposure here (from Lovely's ds), so hopefully expecting some pox here in a week or so. If I see anything that looks like pox I'll definitely post right away. We're in Hillsboro.

#18 ·
I hope those who wanted it, got it! It has now been 2 weeks since the first pox showed up and more than half of the pox scabs have now fallen off and are getting smaller and fading.

12 days of staying home was tough but I'm glad we got it over with. It helped to go to the park to a big, open space of grass with no other kids around and let him run around and play once he started feeling better.

#19 ·
Don't wanna jump the gun because of course since I'm obsessively looking for them anything looks like it might be a pox. But I think I've found 2-3 spots that juuuust might be pox! I'll update in the morning.

eta: morning person I am not, so don't expect to hear from me before 10 or so :X lol.

#20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by LiLStar View Post
Don't wanna jump the gun because of course since I'm obsessively looking for them anything looks like it might be a pox. But I think I've found 2-3 spots that juuuust might be pox! I'll update in the morning.

eta: morning person I am not, so don't expect to hear from me before 10 or so :X lol.
Well it would be exactly the right timing. Where are those 2-3 spots located?

#24 ·
So strange that none of the 5 kids who were exposed to the pox through Jake are showing signs. Except today 1 of them just might have 1 pox, and isn't feeling well. So
: that it is just a longer incubation period. The one who might have the pox -- her older sister isn't showing signs and they were exposed at the same time. So we'll see!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.