August in Seattle - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 137 Old 08-27-2008, 07:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am sorry to hear everyone is getting sick. Man it sucks so much to want to do things and not be able to. I hope you all get healthy quickly.
We may come tomorrow to Everett. We are having guests over, not sure what time they will be over though. So I will pm you Dahlia
#122 of 137 Old 08-27-2008, 10:24 PM

We were JUST at the EVerett museum today. It was a really nice day there and not crowded at all after lunch time! My kids wanted to stay like all day.

I hope eventually I get to meet some of you there, it seems I always check late and then we just had a busy day and can't make it.
#123 of 137 Old 08-28-2008, 01:34 AM - Thread Starter

Does anyone just want to come over and hang out in the Lily Park (aka our yard) sometime? We have one of those play structure things and a nice garden. We are in West Seattle on Pigeon Point. It's free and sort of child-proof. What would be a good day to just hang out? I'm so sleep deprived lately, I really shouldn't drive.
#124 of 137 Old 08-28-2008, 11:01 AM

I'm sorry to have to bail on the museum too. Family unexpectedly arrived the other day and we're having some "issues" to deal with. So I really can't just leave. But, now that I think I figured out the bus situation, I would be happy to come into Everett and go to the museum. Just not this week! Have fun

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#125 of 137 Old 08-28-2008, 06:04 PM

Darcie, thanks for the invite, we would love to come hang out at Lily Park!! You have a beautiful oasis, I mean yard, & Kyle loved exploring it & I would love to sit & chat & maybe hold that sweet baby! I have been having a hard time lately with life...not sure how I will do this winter! Not looking forward to that!

tomorrow & next week look pretty open for us...
#126 of 137 Old 08-28-2008, 06:25 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
The museum was fun even if we were the only ones who made it. I wish it wasn't so far. It was crowded, though. Will really loved the farm area! But it was drizzly so we didnt' get to check out the roof playground which looked really neat. We'll have to go back.

Whoever called on my cell to say they couldn't make it, thank you. And my apologies because I really couldn't hear what you were saying at all with all the noise there.

We'd be up for Lily Park sometime. Though I really dunno what our schedule will be like once Will starts preschool.

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#127 of 137 Old 08-28-2008, 07:03 PM

Okay my DH stinks. He took my phone this morning and I was searching around the house like a mad woman. And mind you he can't call me to tell me he took cause we only have cells. It messed up my whole day, we were late to 4 different things today and didn't even make it to the main event (museum-so sorry Noah). ugh, man I suck.

Darcie we too want to come hang out. I need to get it together
#128 of 137 Old 08-28-2008, 09:51 PM

We would love to come hang out at Lily Park, Darcie! We are in West Seattle, too so it couldn't be more convenient.

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
#129 of 137 Old 08-28-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiestever View Post
Okay my DH stinks. He took my phone this morning and I was searching around the house like a mad woman. And mind you he can't call me to tell me he took cause we only have cells. It messed up my whole day, we were late to 4 different things today and didn't even make it to the main event (museum-so sorry Noah). ugh, man I suck.

Darcie we too want to come hang out. I need to get it together
No problem!

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#130 of 137 Old 08-29-2008, 02:30 AM - Thread Starter

How about Thursday, September 4th, for a meet-up in the Lily Park, say 10:30 a.m. How about pot-luck lunch/snack? We could all bring a dish our kids like (we'll probably end up with 6 watermelons). It would be fun for the Mom's and good for the kids.

Dahlia, Lily has been wondering where Will has been ever since their first meeting!

Does this work? PM me for specific address and instructions. aka directions...
#131 of 137 Old 08-29-2008, 11:37 AM

We'd love to come hang out in Lily park too-if its not too many people

Anyone have good weekend plans? We were going to do Bumbershoot tomorrow but with the cost of tickets we decided packing everyone up for one or two bands wasn't worth it this year.

Ansel is quickly outgrowing his 3T clothes so we may venture down to H&M at Southcenter. Hopefully it won't be nutty!

Lisa, mama to A (3/05) and R (11/07) and L (8/10)
#132 of 137 Old 08-29-2008, 11:44 AM

I'm bummed, we'll be out of town on the 4th (and 5th). Next time!

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
#133 of 137 Old 08-29-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalulu View Post
We'd love to come hang out in Lily park too-if its not too many people

Anyone have good weekend plans? We were going to do Bumbershoot tomorrow but with the cost of tickets we decided packing everyone up for one or two bands wasn't worth it this year.

Ansel is quickly outgrowing his 3T clothes so we may venture down to H&M at Southcenter. Hopefully it won't be nutty!
We're going to Bumbershoot tomorrow, although I was taken aback by the ticket prices as well. I haven't been in two years, and they were only $15 per day back then, I think. I figure that there are at least 4 big names that we want to see, though, so to pay $35 each is a steal for even ONE of them, PLUS we get to bring our kids! But yeah, it's not a cheap day....we're going to pack in all of our food.

On Monday DH is running the half-marathon and I'm running the 4 miler out at Redhook Brewery in Woodinville, then going down to my parents' house for the night. We have tons of family down there visiting, so we're just going to camp out in our tent. Luckily they just built an extension to their woodshed that we can put the tent under if it is truly raining....back to the run, though, I'll be pushing the double jogger. EEK! I've never run that far pushing the kids....it's TOTALLY flat, though, so I think I have a chance of running the whole thing. Wish me luck!

Speaking of outgrowing clothing, does anyone want to do another clothing swap? I'm happy to host, if there are enough people who would be willing to come to my house in Bellevue, just off of I-90 at Eastgate. What days of the week/times work for those who are interested? I'm thinking about the next few weeks....

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#134 of 137 Old 08-29-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darciedoodle View Post
How about Thursday, September 4th, for a meet-up in the Lily Park, say 10:30 a.m. How about pot-luck lunch/snack? We could all bring a dish our kids like (we'll probably end up with 6 watermelons). It would be fun for the Mom's and good for the kids.

Dahlia, Lily has been wondering where Will has been ever since their first meeting!

It is possible that E and I could come, but R will be in preschool. DH's parental leave starts after today, so he'll be able to stay home an pick R up if need be. I'll talk to him about it.

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#135 of 137 Old 08-29-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darciedoodle View Post

Will's first day of school is the 4th, so we can't make it unless it'll be going a while (he has school until 12 and then we'd be coming from Issaquah). But we will have to get those two together sometime!

#136 of 137 Old 08-29-2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplehome View Post
We're going to Bumbershoot tomorrow, although I was taken aback by the ticket prices as well. I haven't been in two years, and they were only $15 per day back then, I think. I figure that there are at least 4 big names that we want to see, though, so to pay $35 each is a steal for even ONE of them, PLUS we get to bring our kids! But yeah, it's not a cheap day....we're going to pack in all of our food.
If I had a hope of being able to stay all day it would have totally been worth it! Ansel's bed time is so early these days and we get going so late...

Good luck with the run!

Another swap sounds like a great idea-we missed the last one.

Lisa, mama to A (3/05) and R (11/07) and L (8/10)
#137 of 137 Old 08-29-2008, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

I'm sorry to be a flake but it looks like the 4th won't work for a playdate in the Lilypark. That is the only day we can take my folks out for lunch to celebrate their 50th anniversary. Would any days work the following week? I'm not available on Tuesday because the baby and I found a pilates class we can go to together. But the rest of that week is pretty open. Any suggestions?

We'd be up for coming to a swap too, other than on Tuesdays...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page