Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hahahaha That is so funny!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#422 of 2000 Old 08-06-2008, 03:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
rrrgh. I am so annoyed. Todd still isn't back.
#423 of 2000 Old 08-06-2008, 03:58 PM

OK, now I'm REALLY getting irritated. WHERE is he???
#424 of 2000 Old 08-06-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
I'm a native Oregonian, and I set my thermostat to 'off' in the summertime. Nothin' wrong with Naked Days.
If you look at Leah's blog you'll see that they built this screen thing in front of their house so that the DH can walk around naked (they have huge windows in the front of their house). I thought that was funny. We just need some curtains for the back windows in our house and then we can do that, too! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
Too bad Lu doesn't still have this outfit.
I LOVE that picture!!! That is one of the greatest.
#425 of 2000 Old 08-06-2008, 04:31 PM

dang - i missed the call for hopworks but we went for dinner last night. it was too hot to cook anything!

i rode both boys up to isaac's preschool this morning (which is on the flank of mt. tabor and is allllllll uphill on the way there). i only had to get off and walk once! (this is progress...last week i hopped off to walk twice and i only had 30 lbs of boy in the back instead of 70 lbs like i had this morning.) so i got my workout for the day and i have not showered yet. the ride home is a wonderful thing :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savmay View Post
thanks Karen, these darn teeth are really bothering the kid.
us too. ebin's top canines started poking through before the 4th premolar was even through the gum all the way. those canines are pointy vampire teeth! i broke down and ordered an amber necklace yesterday. i went to milagros on friday and they don't carry them anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
Wow, PGE says you can save $11 a month by setting your thermostat to 75 rather than 70. I keep mine at 76. Who keeps theirs at 70? Wow thats chilly.
my office is set at 70 because i share a thermostat with the lab next door to me. i wore a tanktop yesterday and was FREEZinG all day our house has the 'off' setting for summer. well, we have a room AC in our bedroom which we use about 5 days a year when we are really dying.
#426 of 2000 Old 08-06-2008, 04:53 PM

Sara, how are your spiders this year? My yard is a web extravaganza. I go out to water... in my hair, on my glasses... yuck. But no bites.
#427 of 2000 Old 08-06-2008, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Wow, PGE says you can save $11 a month by setting your thermostat to 75 rather than 70. I keep mine at 76. Who keeps theirs at 70? Wow thats chilly.
offices.
#428 of 2000 Old 08-06-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellarstella View Post

Savvy-- Udderly's ice cream parlor in Ashland is excellent. You choose vanilla or chocolate ice cream and then choose what you want in it. I had the frozen peaches in vanilla ice cream years ago and I still think back on it wistfully. I think they had some dairy alternatives too. And of course you have to try seeing a play!

yummy, ice cream! No plays for us with three kiddos under the age of 5, I doubt it would be doable or fun

Quote:
My mom, the hot-flash queen. we will all be wearing sweaters and she has the AC blasting at 69 degrees and is still fanning herself and wearing her hawaiin mumu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar View Post

us too. ebin's top canines started poking through before the 4th premolar was even through the gum all the way. those canines are pointy vampire teeth! i broke down and ordered an amber necklace yesterday. i went to milagros on friday and they don't carry them anymore

blast those eye teeth. the poor kid won't even eat and now my BM is back in from so much nursing like he is a newborn or something.
#429 of 2000 Old 08-06-2008, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Wow. Nico fell asleep in the bike seat on the way home.

Wow. It rained on us on the way home. Some record-hot day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottiew View Post
Sara, how are your spiders this year? My yard is a web extravaganza. I go out to water... in my hair, on my glasses... yuck. But no bites.
Wow! Thanks for asking, so far so good. Seems like August is when they start getting really bad for me. I'm hoping I left them behind at the old apartment. We have spiders all over the yard, but I haven't noticed any correlation between "lots of visible spiders" and my spider bites. In fact, I don't even have any proof that they are spider bites; they just look like 'em.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#430 of 2000 Old 08-06-2008, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
If you look at Leah's blog you'll see that they built this screen thing in front of their house so that the DH can walk around naked (they have huge windows in the front of their house). I thought that was funny. We just need some curtains for the back windows in our house and then we can do that, too! :

I LOVE that picture!!! That is one of the greatest.
Yeah, I saw that, and though, well, good for them! It's hard here too because we have that great big window in the front room. Hard because there are times when strange people come to the door and I don't want to answer it for them, or just the whole naked issue which happens a lot around here.

+++

Thanks for meeting up with us, Sara!
#431 of 2000 Old 08-06-2008, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
Thanks for meeting up with us, Sara!
Sure! It was fun!

#432 of 2000 Old 08-06-2008, 06:19 PM

Yeah, we are starting to get spiders around here too. Although I will say I'm so glad that we didn't have many wasps in the bedroom this year so far. Some years are just really really bad.
#433 of 2000 Old 08-06-2008, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
Yeah, we are starting to get spiders around here too. Although I will say I'm so glad that we didn't have many wasps in the bedroom this year so far. Some years are just really really bad.
What!!!? :

#434 of 2000 Old 08-06-2008, 06:28 PM

wasps in your bedroom?! omg. i would freak!!!!!
oooh i think i need to change a stinky poop. not sure if its the babys diaper or a farting dog, they are right next to eachother.

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#435 of 2000 Old 08-06-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
What!!!? :
Yeah. There was only one this year. Scared the bejeezuzz out out me just the same though.

I remember the first year it happened. Oh, it was bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyMamaBear View Post
wasps in your bedroom?! omg. i would freak!!!!!
oooh i think i need to change a stinky poop. not sure if its the babys diaper or a farting dog, they are right next to eachother.
Yeah, we can't really figure out where they are coming in. We have a few open spots in the walls up there, because it's a finished attic... but... I'm gonna say not that nicely finished in a few places. I think they had to leave spots open with just easily removed panels for plumbing and electrical.

Something tells me the last owners put the bathroom in themselves, so that could be why. It works. But the bees get in.
#436 of 2000 Old 08-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Rin

I decided to walk to the grocery store with Emery today. We made it there safely, shopped, and just before we headed home I stopped in the restroom to see if he needed to potty (we EC).

As we were crossing the parking lot towards the intersection to cross the street, I had an urge to stop and feed Emery. He wasn't showing any hunger cues, but I was feeling a bit 'full' so, we proceeded to sit down outside the Starbucks right on the corner of the intersection. Mind, you if this hadn't happened I would have been crossing the street at the exact moment that the light turned green to cross.

No sooner had I pulled the stroller (my back was aching today so no mei tai action...) up to a table than I heard the sound of metal hitting metal, I looked up to see a big red truck turn right into what I thought was a bicycle. At the exact spot where we would have been crossing.

I saw a baseball cap go flying. I looked a bit closer and saw a tiny pomerainian looking dazed, and then I saw a torso with no legs, that seemed to be trying to move. It was eerily quiet and my heart started pounding. I didn't have my cell phone. A woman in a pink shirt got out of a car and screamed someone call 911! I grabbed Emery and went inside and told the clerk to call 911. I went back outside and realized that the bicycle was actually a wheel chair. There were people stopping and staring. Some had grabbed blankets out of their cars and were gathered around the person, and then I saw the driver of the truck, he was young, maybe early 20's and he was very visibly shaken. He was on his cell phone I assumed talking to the 911 operator.

At this point my whole body was trembling. I sat down and began feeding Emery, more to calm myself than to actually feed him. I needed to feel his warm body on mine, and needed to feel safe. I started to cry and said a prayer, for the woman that was hit, for the boy that hit her, and to thank God for my son.

Even after he finished eating I just had to sit there. The only way home was through that intersection. A woman came up to me and asked if I saw what had happened. I told what I had seen, and she said. " I thought it was you that had been hit. I saw the stroller and thought the worst. I'm glad you're okay." Then she walked over the the intersection to survey the scene. She came back and said, "She's okay, she's concious and they're putting her in the ambulance. Be careful crossing the street."

Man, I'm glad I nurse!

Thanks for all your thrush advice, I've actually been trying all of those things, and I've even seen a couple of different doctors and a LC. I'd just prefer to start seeing a naturopath because the docs aren't buying that it's thrush, but they aren't really listening to me either. It's frustrating!

Birth Doula and Owner of an online natural baby boutique. Aspiring to be a Midwife.

Wife to Chef DH, Mom to DS (4/15/08), and DS (2/11/12) joy.gif

cd.gifintactlact.giffuzmalesling.giffamilybed1.gif

#437 of 2000 Old 08-06-2008, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin View Post
I decided to walk to the grocery store with Emery today. We made it there safely, shopped, and just before we headed home I stopped in the restroom to see if he needed to potty (we EC).
What a horrible experience. I hope that young driver appreciates this second chance that he's been given.

#438 of 2000 Old 08-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Rin

Quote:
What a horrible experience. I hope that young driver appreciates this second chance that he's been given.
I know! He seemed pretty shaken up by the experience, I think we all were.

sheesh!

Birth Doula and Owner of an online natural baby boutique. Aspiring to be a Midwife.

#439 of 2000 Old 08-06-2008, 10:08 PM

Wow, Rin, how very scary! And a hundred points to Mama's Intuition! I'm so glad you guys are OK.

I had my own little run-in with a car today - I bashed myself on the head while pulling down the hatch back. Dang, that hurt! I've got a nice little goose egg, but otherwise seem fine. Well, you know. For me

We went to the free swim at the Sellwood pool this afternoon. Man, I can't believe we went through almost the whole summer without doing this! Chase had a blast. My little water boy. DH and I are wiped out, though.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#440 of 2000 Old 08-06-2008, 10:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh wow Rin, I am so glad that you both are okay. I'm so sorry you had to witness that awful scene, but so, so glad you decided to stop and nurse your babe.
#441 of 2000 Old 08-06-2008, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

What's going on Hedy? How was the house?

#442 of 2000 Old 08-07-2008, 12:23 AM

yeah, spill the beans lady!!!
Niamh just had her first bath that she didnt cry through. AND she actually enjoyed it enough to splash around.

#443 of 2000 Old 08-07-2008, 01:02 AM

Quote:
YAY for getting seen so quickly. sounds like he has a great solution. glad to hear its getting taken care of
so i need someone (whomever is going to Eugene next and wants to) to take the PIS and pumpkit and bags to the possible donor.
i feel kind of apprehensive, cause she is a SIL of a friend, and she hasnt pumped in MONTHS, and her daughter is still nursing a ton, and she isnt quite sure how much she can get. its just... so many factors yanno? but, milk is milk, and i am damn appreciative that anyone would even consider donating their liquid gold to my daughter.
who was very adamant that she only wanted ONE side all through the night, so i need to go hand express the 1/4oz thats killing me.
Tiffany I'll be in Portland this Sunday and I'll be seeing Leah. You can call Blake and see if you can leave the pump with him to bring home before then. Then I could just pick it up when I see her on Sunday.

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
#444 of 2000 Old 08-07-2008, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Oh my, how horrible...I'm so glad you and Emery are okay.
#445 of 2000 Old 08-07-2008, 01:23 AM - Thread Starter

Are you at 40 weeks now Nicole??? :

#446 of 2000 Old 08-07-2008, 01:27 AM

Dani, DH's first day off is Sunday, we are getting bags from Hedy, and i dont think i an get a pumpkit that fast.
however, if i can, we can drive anywhere to drop it off to you.
ty you all so much for being so damn rad!

#447 of 2000 Old 08-07-2008, 01:54 AM

I'll be pretty busy that Sunday. How much would it cost to mail it? Or Hedy could just do it in September. Hmmm....

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
#448 of 2000 Old 08-07-2008, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Are you at 40 weeks now Nicole??? :
yup! today is one of my official due dates...or tomorrow or friday. Ultrasound changed it from 8/8/08 to 8/6/08, so really anytime... got some good cramping in today.
#449 of 2000 Old 08-07-2008, 02:28 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsythia View Post
yup! today is one of my official due dates...or tomorrow or friday. Ultrasound changed it from 8/8/08 to 8/6/08, so really anytime... got some good cramping in today.
Sending you some birthing vibes.....come forth baby, come forth!
I checked out your blog, is your mw Ellie Legare? I love her! She delivered Emery, she is so amazing! I know she just partnered up and got a new apprentice so it could be the same Ellie....if so, you should tell her I sad hello (she knows me as Erin)!

#450 of 2000 Old 08-07-2008, 02:35 AM

Quote:

As we were crossing the parking lot towards the intersection to cross the street, I had an urge to stop and feed Emery. He wasn't showing any hunger cues, but I was feeling a bit 'full' so, we proceeded to sit down outside the Starbucks right on the corner of the intersection. Mind, you if this hadn't happened I would have been crossing the street at the exact moment that the light turned green to cross.

No sooner had I pulled the stroller (my back was aching today so no mei tai action...) up to a table than I heard the sound of metal hitting metal, I looked up to see a big red truck turn right into what I thought was a bicycle. At the exact spot where we would have been crossing.

I saw a baseball cap go flying. I looked a bit closer and saw a tiny pomerainian looking dazed, and then I saw a torso with no legs, that seemed to be trying to move. It was eerily quiet and my heart started pounding. I didn't have my cell phone. A woman in a pink shirt got out of a car and screamed someone call 911! I grabbed Emery and went inside and told the clerk to call 911. I went back outside and realized that the bicycle was actually a wheel chair. There were people stopping and staring. Some had grabbed blankets out of their cars and were gathered around the person, and then I saw the driver of the truck, he was young, maybe early 20's and he was very visibly shaken. He was on his cell phone I assumed talking to the 911 operator.

At this point my whole body was trembling. I sat down and began feeding Emery, more to calm myself than to actually feed him. I needed to feel his warm body on mine, and needed to feel safe. I started to cry and said a prayer, for the woman that was hit, for the boy that hit her, and to thank God for my son.

Even after he finished eating I just had to sit there. The only way home was through that intersection. A woman came up to me and asked if I saw what had happened. I told what I had seen, and she said. " I thought it was you that had been hit. I saw the stroller and thought the worst. I'm glad you're okay." Then she walked over the the intersection to survey the scene. She came back and said, "She's okay, she's concious and they're putting her in the ambulance. Be careful crossing the street."

Man, I'm glad I nurse!

Thanks for all your thrush advice, I've actually been trying all of those things, and I've even seen a couple of different doctors and a LC. I'd just prefer to start seeing a naturopath because the docs aren't buying that it's thrush, but they aren't really listening to me either. It's frustrating!
Oh honey, that's HORRIBLE! I'm so, so, so glad you are OK, and hopefully the woman who was hit was too! What an awful thing for everyone involved to have to experience!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsythia View Post
Ooh Nicole! I'm so excited for you!!!

Quote:
What's going on Hedy? How was the house?
Quote:
yeah, spill the beans lady!!!
Niamh just had her first bath that she didnt cry through. AND she actually enjoyed it enough to splash around.

Oh holy crap, you guys! It's HUGE, and has really good bones. In fact, it's completely steel, studs beams, and joists.

The basement is just as big as the rest of the living space. It's daylight, and has HIGH ceilings! I want to stain the concrete floors down there.

It also has two enormous covered decks in the back. But right now it's just a skeleton. A VERY large skeleton. Figured it out, and if we finished the basement, it would be 5376 SF. That is a lot of house. Good lord.

And... this is why we are waiting a little while. Well, that and... It seems good in theory, but there are some strange things going on there that I'm just not sure about. Discrepancies between the listing, what we have been told, and the tax records that we all have copies of now. We aren't exactly sure how much land it is, actually.

The listing says 6 acres, then we were told it was actually 8, but the tax records list 5. And then there was some conversation about how there would be two more acres available. Uh... we need to get this investigated so it makes some kind of sense, and we would know what was actually ours. It's just bizarre.

Also, when we got there, there was a sign outside from a different real estate agency, and different listing agent. This made our realtor scratch her head, and she wrote down the # listed on the sign, so we could get to the bottom of that as well. She is not the listing agent for this property, but she already talked to the person acting as the listing agent, and he was an old man, not a young, hot blonde woman, as pictured on the sign. Hey! Where's my young, hot blonde?

So, lots of things to investigate before we even decide to make an offer.

We are also considering taking out a second on this house so we can rent it out, with just a higher rent, and work off of the equity that we have already built here. This sounds good in theory, but again, we aren't totally sure about it.

But apparently there are good contracts and loopholes that would put things in our favour, should we decide to move on it, like a 90 day escrow, or a very conditional offer, which would let us walk away if there was a problem financially, etc., in which case we would even get our earnest money back. That sounded pretty sweet to me.

So, we are going to be talking to a mortgage lender tomorrow about this particular property, find out how feasible it even is, then probably a financial advisor to figure out the best way to deal with all of this, and if that goes well, a general contractor. Anyone know anyone in either of these fields they like?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page