Ack! It's August Already, PDX Mamas! - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2008, 05:20 PM
 
DreamsInDigital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 12,020
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyMamaBear View Post
Lydia, thats AWESOME!!!! oh i am thrilled for y'all! yay! i want a van so badly.
how are you going to get 4 carseats plus Gabriel in the van at the same time? i never was able to figure out how big families with littles did it. when we had a van growing up we were all at least 8, so no one was in a carseat anymore.
Well, it's going to be fun for sure. I will most likely take the car, the kids and the carseats to a CPST and get some help with who goes where and proper installation. We had Winter and Suriya side by side in the middle row with Gabriel and Kolaiah in the back in our old minivan so I think we could fit an infant seat between G and K.
DreamsInDigital is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-07-2008, 05:44 PM
 
Phoenix_Rising's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In my head
Posts: 3,144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Well, there's a risk of it probably. I bet you could get cougar counts from the city, as well as find out if anyone has actually been hurt by them in Silverton. Personally, I wouldn't really be worried about it. Unless the house is in an area that's seen massive development on cougar territory recently. I think they're only a real worry for people when they have no where else to go, no food to eat, etc.
My MIL lives on 3 acres that butts up against open fields - she is 7 or 8 miles out of Silverton. We lived with her for 2 years right after Keagan was born and we would ALWAYS hear coyotes at night. It got to the point where their calls were almost a lullaby for me. We never saw any and never saw any cougars but we saw foxes quite a bit and deer at least once a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyMamaBear View Post
woah???

oh Hedy i LOVE Silverton its SO cute! the little coffee shop downtown right on the lil creek/stream/river thing is just so cute, great place for kids too, and they make an awesome latte.
Silverton is really cute. I *think* the coffee shop you are talking about is the Silver Creek Coffee House at 111 N Water St, Silverton, OR‎ - (503) 874-9600



Lydia - that is awesome about the van!

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
Phoenix_Rising is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 05:55 PM
 
SleepyMamaBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vancouver, Wa
Posts: 8,849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
is water street one of the main streets downtown? if so then yup!

Lydia thats a fantastic idea about taking it to a cpst! good thinking lincoln

its a good thing Niamh tolerates baths now cause she is COVERED in fruit stuffs from cherries and blueberries.

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
SleepyMamaBear is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 05:57 PM
 
Phoenix_Rising's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In my head
Posts: 3,144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyMamaBear View Post
is water street one of the main streets downtown? if so then yup!
It is the main street downtown

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
Phoenix_Rising is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 06:16 PM
 
MommytoB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm curious how 'do single mom's manage in oregon' I'm also wanting to look for more social network to meet a 'guy' to date, I'm tired of living in montana for
1. Too much Grandparents
2. Criticism from my mom how i 'raise' him to totally misunderstanding
3. I want him with me but it seems like he 'never wants to go home with me aalways to his grandma's house plus since his father lives in so california i would love for his father to possibly be able to visit a weekend at a time since 'flights' from oregon and to lax along with back are non-stop roundtrip it would be 'realy cheap for him as a one person-he doesn't like cold winters so I think there may be a possible chance of my boy 'seeing his father more frequent',

4. Is there any low income help like with medical insurance, supported living services, and i could manage a 600$/month to rent house to own or a apartment if i could get one with more than one bathroom and more than 2 bdrm's. I do not drive but have been a 'taxi rider for a long time so how 'well does the 'taxi's rate' in oregon ? Are the taxi's pretty with 'safe people not like speedy fast drivers ? Or would a mom be willing to get extra gas money just to help us with needing to go somewhere ? I'm want to work at a home 'area' I do not like working out of home that -well but am tired of being with goverment stuff & have such low money.

Is the air good - how many smokers are there ? because I have a 'tough time with apartments having 'smokers' which apartments are best for a cat or our rent to home's pretty cheap per month ?

Any areas where you can 'safely walk' without some looney how much crime do you guys get ?

Are the 'schools good & the teachers decent ?

Has anyone automatically moved up there without being there before and liking it.

I live in billings, montana-we have parks -all the same, some have pools as in community pools 2 of them with slides for the younger 'version' then the rest is 'wading pools or spray parks, we only have one mall that is 'boring', we do have a small beach which is at lake elmo but the little towns nearby have nothing of interest unless you go 80 miles to bozeman' or to chico for a hot spring pool swim', 60 miles to 'red lodge which is okay for a little bit but not much to do there.

I want a area that has more than 'chuckie cheese & bigger parks like the ones like 'california had oh my boy had so much fun at that!!!!!!!

if I had to work how are the 'childcare ' ? Do you guys have any takewondo there becaue my boy is in a takewondo class now aand I don't want him to 'stop it'
MommytoB is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 07:00 PM
 
spottiew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NoPo
Posts: 1,999
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kieran: I think 'ton' means 'crunchy'.
Daddy: Huh?
Kieran: You know, WonTon and CrouTon.
Kieran: It's called OneTon cause it's One.
Kieran: It's called CrouTon cause it's a Crew.
spottiew is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 08:30 PM
 
SleepyMamaBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vancouver, Wa
Posts: 8,849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
most of us dont use taxis but use the buses and the MAX which is our lightrail system. its SUPER easy to get around, and way cheaper than a taxi!!!
there is housing help, and all of the other assistance, but you have to apply the second you move here, cant apply before. and things take a while to get the ball rolling.
most people actually arent smokers around here. IMO its pretty few and far between that you see a smoker in public, as opposed to other places i've been.

Jill, thats hilarious! he is so cute!

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
SleepyMamaBear is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 08:36 PM
 
Hedy B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,765
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, after giving it much thought, we decided that our (financial) future is a little too uncertain at the moment to go ahead with the Silverton property. In total, we would probably have to be in for about $500k, and I just don't see it happening, since we have no guarantee that Todd's contract will be renewed after the end of the year. Things are always changing in his line of work, so he's actually considering a complete career change if it isn't... TBA, since we have no idea how that will go.

We were discussing it last night, and he kept wondering... "Could I really go about taking on an enormous career change, AND deal with this project simultaneously?"

I'm so glad we called it off.

Anyway, we are finding bare land properties again all over the place that seem so much more doable, in which case we would buy now, and slowly begin the process of building something either over time, or faster depending on how things in this crazy world go, I guess. That way, we could also just stay here in this house for longer.

I was thinking about it, and good lord. What the hell would I do with that much living space? We only have about 1/3 of that now, and we are totally fine. It's gorgeous, and the property is amazing, but there is also lots more amazing property out there that is just... more our speed at this time.



Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyMamaBear View Post
Hedy if we are ever in Silverton at the same time i'll totally treat you to a latte there. so long as we can sit out back overlooking the lil river.
is it a river? a stream? no matter, its lovely.

Lydia, thats AWESOME!!!! oh i am thrilled for y'all! yay! i want a van so badly.
how are you going to get 4 carseats plus Gabriel in the van at the same time? i never was able to figure out how big families with littles did it. when we had a van growing up we were all at least 8, so no one was in a carseat anymore.

speaking of carseats, i was able to send a big list of carseats that would work 5pt harness for a long while for DHs friends son to dhs friend. he is going to buy him a carseat soon! he can borrow Niamhs as long as he needs tho. i'm just glad that he is going to be safe.
Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susannah M View Post
My MIL lives on 3 acres that butts up against open fields - she is 7 or 8 miles out of Silverton. We lived with her for 2 years right after Keagan was born and we would ALWAYS hear coyotes at night. It got to the point where their calls were almost a lullaby for me. We never saw any and never saw any cougars but we saw foxes quite a bit and deer at least once a week.


Silverton is really cute. I *think* the coffee shop you are talking about is the Silver Creek Coffee House at 111 N Water St, Silverton, OR‎ - (503) 874-9600



Lydia - that is awesome about the van!
Yeah, I talked to someone over the phone at the department of Fish and Wildlife, and he told me that there has actually never been a cougar attack in Oregon. There are cats up there, yes, but they are well fed by their environment, and usually just observe people, rather than try to eat them.

He said the best thing to do would be to get a LARGE dog, make sure there was no excess brush for them to hide, and do things like put up barbed wire, which is usually pretty discouraging to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyMamaBear View Post
is water street one of the main streets downtown? if so then yup!

Lydia thats a fantastic idea about taking it to a cpst! good thinking lincoln

its a good thing Niamh tolerates baths now cause she is COVERED in fruit stuffs from cherries and blueberries.
I remember seeing Water street. I think it was the main drag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottiew View Post
Kieran: I think 'ton' means 'crunchy'.
Daddy: Huh?
Kieran: You know, WonTon and CrouTon.
Kieran: It's called OneTon cause it's One.
Kieran: It's called CrouTon cause it's a Crew.
Hahahaha! That is so cute!
Hedy B. is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 08:42 PM
 
aniT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon, by way of Cali.
Posts: 15,239
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Did someone recommend this dentist?



BUTLER, PAMELA D

The name looks familiar and is in network for me.

Thanks
aniT is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 08:50 PM
 
Hedy B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,765
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyMamaBear View Post
most of us dont use taxis but use the buses and the MAX which is our lightrail system. its SUPER easy to get around, and way cheaper than a taxi!!!
there is housing help, and all of the other assistance, but you have to apply the second you move here, cant apply before. and things take a while to get the ball rolling.
most people actually arent smokers around here. IMO its pretty few and far between that you see a smoker in public, as opposed to other places i've been.

Jill, thats hilarious! he is so cute!
Yeah, I really noticed that when I went to a few other states, that there was a LOT more smoking. I was actually surprised to see "smoking" rooms in hotels the last time I booked one in Boise.
Hedy B. is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 08:56 PM
 
aniT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon, by way of Cali.
Posts: 15,239
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
Yeah, I really noticed that when I went to a few other states, that there was a LOT more smoking. I was actually surprised to see "smoking" rooms in hotels the last time I booked one in Boise.
Well in 2001 when a gas tanker crashed into our pool and we had to live in a hotel for a month.. that hotel had smoking rooms. We were living with my parents at the time cause we were trying to buy a house. My brother and parents were at one end of the hotel DH, the kids and me at the other.

ETA: I have never taken a taxi in California or Oregon. They are just too dang expensive.
aniT is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 08:59 PM
 
Hedy B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,765
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
Did someone recommend this dentist?



BUTLER, PAMELA D

The name looks familiar and is in network for me.

Thanks
That name does sound really familiar, but I have no idea why.

Ru is nursing away, and it's so much more pleasant now that she has the band!

She hates it though... keeps trying to pry it off. I remember the first time I had a filling, I felt like I had a seed stuck in my teeth.

And completely off the subject, but holy moly! Look at this! Todd and I are actually considering taking this course. And yes... OK... that would be the career change. But good lord, it's exploding right now! It could definitely generate income!
Hedy B. is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter
 
kaPOW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 7,295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just picked up a long list of upick farms in the area, many spray free and/or organic. Wish I'd found this sooner!

Karen, there's a chemical free farm in Milwaukie off of Lake road. Justy's Produce and Flowers, 7924 SE Lake Road, 659-4169..... says it's a chemical free farm, 5 generations old, and are also a full service farm market. I think I know where this is, very close to where I grew up. I hope to try them out before they close in November. All they have "upick" is chestnuts, dahlias, fava beans, gypsy peppers, and tomatoes, though. But, who knows maybe there's more/less by now.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
kaPOW! is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 09:00 PM
 
Hedy B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,765
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
Well in 2001 when a gas tanker crashed into our pool and we had to live in a hotel for a month.. that hotel had smoking rooms. We were living with my parents at the time cause we were trying to buy a house. My brother and parents were at one end of the hotel DH, the kids and me at the other.

ETA: I have never taken a taxi in California or Oregon. They are just too dang expensive.
A... TANKER? Whoa. Damn.
Hedy B. is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 09:03 PM
 
Hedy B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,765
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
I just picked up a long list of upick farms in the area, many spray free and/or organic. Wish I'd found this sooner!

Karen, there's a chemical free farm in Milwaukie off of Lake road. Justy's Produce and Flowers, 7924 SE Lake Road, 659-4169..... says it's a chemical free farm, 5 generations old, and are also a full service farm market. I think I know where this is, very close to where I grew up. I hope to try them out before they close in November. All they have "upick" is chestnuts, dahlias, fava beans, gypsy peppers, and tomatoes, though. But, who knows maybe there's more/less by now.
Oh yeah. I saw that on the People's list. I was pretty jazzed about it, since most of the farms on that list were crazy far away. I definitely want to check it out sometime.

So, has anyone been huckleberry picking on Mt. Adams? I want to check it out, but also want to know where to go if I do.
Hedy B. is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter
 
kaPOW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 7,295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
That name does sound really familiar, but I have no idea why.

Ru is nursing away, and it's so much more pleasant now that she has the band!

She hates it though... keeps trying to pry it off. I remember the first time I had a filling, I felt like I had a seed stuck in my teeth.

And completely off the subject, but holy moly! Look at this! Todd and I are actually considering taking this course. And yes... OK... that would be the career change. But good lord, it's exploding right now! It could definitely generate income!
I can't wait to see her new tooth bracelet, I bet it's super cute!

A lot of the people in my energy management program were bike mechanics looking to find something more gentle on their hands and backs. They gave the impression that it was something "for the young". I'm sure they all kept it up as a hobby, though.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
kaPOW! is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 09:07 PM
 
aniT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon, by way of Cali.
Posts: 15,239
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
A... TANKER? Whoa. Damn.
Oh yea... double tanker. We were told if that pool had not have been there.. besides going straight through Amanda and Elizabeth's room it would have blown up the neighborhood.
aniT is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 09:07 PM
 
Hedy B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,765
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone want to do Vita tomorrow night? I would be riding my bike so it would be just me. But it doesn't have to be an MNO.
Hedy B. is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 09:11 PM
 
Hedy B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,765
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
Oh yea... double tanker. We were told if that pool had not have been there.. besides going straight through Amanda and Elizabeth's room it would have blown up the neighborhood.
Good lord! Well, then it WAS definitely a good thing there was pool there!

Oh... how I want a pool. We had one when we lived in LA, and it was wonderful. That's really about the only thing I miss about living there though.
Hedy B. is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 09:14 PM
 
HeatherRea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 482
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
Did someone recommend this dentist?



BUTLER, PAMELA D

The name looks familiar and is in network for me.

Thanks

We have seen her! If you are talking about the one in Vancouver. What do you want to know?
HeatherRea is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 09:15 PM
 
Hedy B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,765
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
I can't wait to see her new tooth bracelet, I bet it's super cute!

A lot of the people in my energy management program were bike mechanics looking to find something more gentle on their hands and backs. They gave the impression that it was something "for the young". I'm sure they all kept it up as a hobby, though.
That's interesting. He had fun with the plans for the Bakfiets knockoff, and hasn't actually begun construction on it, so I guess we'll have to see.

He did find it encouraging that they sell for so much. He restored a couple of bikes that were on the property in Athena, and really loved it. But doing it full time is a completely different batch of cats.
Hedy B. is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 09:20 PM
 
HeatherRea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 482
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone know anyone that has a child with cleft lip in this area?
HeatherRea is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 09:29 PM
 
aniT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon, by way of Cali.
Posts: 15,239
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherRea View Post
We have seen her! If you are talking about the one in Vancouver. What do you want to know?
Hrm.. this one was listed in Portland although it's probable she goes to both. Lemme look it up again and get the name of the clinic.

Basically I am looking for someone who is going to be respectful to my choices for my children, who isn't going to talk at me, and is willing to compromise with me on care and not demand I do everything their way.
aniT is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 09:31 PM
 
aniT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon, by way of Cali.
Posts: 15,239
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BUTLER, PAMELA D
DENTAL CARE TODAY
12750 SE STARK ST
PORTLAND , OR 97233
503-255-2710

BUTLER, PAMELA D
UNDER THE SEA DENTISTRY FOR CH
3205 SE 192ND AVE STE 100
VANCOUVER , WA 98683
360-891-9283

I wonder if they are the same person.
aniT is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 09:31 PM
 
jstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: portland
Posts: 2,895
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
So, has anyone been huckleberry picking on Mt. Adams? I want to check it out, but also want to know where to go if I do.
i haven't been berry picking up there but have camped near the berry fields a lot. i don't know when the season peaks. ahh just found a brochure. i do know up on forest road 24 (out of trout lake) the east side of the road is reserved for natives.

i love love love that area (indian heaven). it is beautiful. it can be super buggy with all the lakes though.



i had a pool growing up too. i miss it.

i take taxis from downtown to my house at night once in a while and it is about $10-14. it's not too bad when you have a few people. they are waaay safer than nyc or sf drivers but that's not saying much. i've even had a female cabbie here.
jstar is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 09:33 PM
 
jstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: portland
Posts: 2,895
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
it probably is the same woman. some dentists work as independent contractors if they dont own a practice. so maybe she works in 2 places. my pediatrician works in 2 places.
jstar is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 09:35 PM
 
aniT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon, by way of Cali.
Posts: 15,239
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar View Post
it probably is the same woman. some dentists work as independent contractors if they dont own a practice. so maybe she works in 2 places. my pediatrician works in 2 places.
Well the place in Portland is a "chain" and I would rather avoid dental "chains." I HATED Gentle Dental.
aniT is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 09:38 PM
 
SleepyMamaBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vancouver, Wa
Posts: 8,849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hedy you have to get over it and drive over here. the pool is like 92* right now. some days, dependant on the weather its cooler than the air, some days its warmer. its REALLY nice.
and, maybe Niamh will even want to swim, now that she is better with water.
seriously i am just tickled she was splashing away happily in her bath and it wasnt a big hassle and screamfest like it normally is.

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
SleepyMamaBear is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 09:49 PM
 
HeatherRea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 482
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
BUTLER, PAMELA D
UNDER THE SEA DENTISTRY FOR CH
3205 SE 192ND AVE STE 100
VANCOUVER , WA 98683
360-891-9283

I wonder if they are the same person.
THIS is the one we have seen.
HeatherRea is offline  
Old 08-07-2008, 09:56 PM
 
zeldabee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pee Dee Ecks
Posts: 3,948
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
And completely off the subject, but holy moly! Look at this! Todd and I are actually considering taking this course. And yes... OK... that would be the career change. But good lord, it's exploding right now! It could definitely generate income!
Sprogly's dad has been talking about doing that forever. I wish he would, I bet he'd be good at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
I just picked up a long list of upick farms in the area, many spray free and/or organic. Wish I'd found this sooner!
Where did you find the list? Not that I have time to go pick anything...

This is the Cathy thread. Every time I see the title, I think, Cathy. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

What should I make for dinner? Sprogly just cried because I nixed boxed mac'n'cheese (it would be the third night this week--sorry, enough's enough). I could make spaghetti but I'd have to make the sauce. No meat thawed out. I'm just about out of frozen prepared stuff, I've only got a curry that Sprogly won't eat. Wish I could order pizza.
zeldabee is offline  
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off