Quoted: 0 Post(s)
P.S. Welcome to all the newbies!!! :
#122 of 2000 Old 08-02-2008, 01:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
Kind of. I don't actually know why it was so funny at the time. I just couldn't stop laughing at the thought of myself opening an envelope from PSU and $5 falling out, and the same thing happening to Joey.

We have to endure the suspense until next week???

Pauline, Happy Birthday!!! You are a swell gal. I'm bringing you some secret bottles of wine next time I'm in town.

Off to peruse the period chart...
Oh no, I foresee the chart happening next month.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#123 of 2000 Old 08-02-2008, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNPORTLAND View Post
Yeah, it's like they suck now. The last really great one I had was when I was like 25 I think. I want a suprise or something. Like for Shawn to have secretly arranged a babysitter and a dinner somewhere. And some earrings or something.

Instead he says "Man, I'm sorry you have to fold laundry the night before your birthday".

I'm not really mad at him though. I'm just sad about the loss of birthday excitement.

When I go see my parents next week maybe they will get me a Fudgie the Whale cake. Do you guys know about Fudgie the Whale? Do you know about Carvel? They don't have it here.

I did use a special new soap in the shower. It was made of goat milk and almonds. nice.

Thanks

I want to have a beer and tip some strippers.
I totally remember Carvel! They have them in LA!

I remember the Father's Day song... Daddy I'm giving you this special treat... this Carvel cake is for you.

Quote:
Kind of. I don't actually know why it was so funny at the time. I just couldn't stop laughing at the thought of myself opening an envelope from PSU and $5 falling out, and the same thing happening to Joey.

Pauline, Happy Birthday!!! You are a swell gal. I'm bringing you some secret bottles of wine next time I'm in town.

well... hopefully the suspense will end tomorrow when : shows up as scheduled.
#124 of 2000 Old 08-02-2008, 02:02 AM

I don't get it. Why am I so stoopid???
#125 of 2000 Old 08-02-2008, 02:09 AM

So Pauline, do you still want to go to the Farmer's market tomorrow morning?
#126 of 2000 Old 08-02-2008, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
: You don't!?! Shit Pauline, no wonder it's a party of pity!
Maybe I should . . . I could keep it in the laundry room. It would never be found there.

No one ever talks about this sucky part about being partner with someone who is trying not to drink. That you can't drink either. Oh well, I'll drink with my parents next week.

Quote:

Thanks Candace! I'll put it in the laundry room with my secret beer. I still have to pick my parents up a few bottles of Oregon Pinot Noirs so let me know if you think of any great ones before Tuesday night.

Quote:
Is it the calender thing or something else?
#127 of 2000 Old 08-02-2008, 02:13 AM

Oh you want to hear something bizzare?

Tonight when Shawn got home from work, he stepped out of his car, and an egg fell out of the sky just missing his head!!!!

It was a regular chicken egg. Not like a . . . . you know, tree nest birdy egg. It must have either fell out of a tree or off the roof. Or maybe someone threw it? I have no idea. It seems like a sign or something.
#128 of 2000 Old 08-02-2008, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
So Pauline, do you still want to go to the Farmer's market tomorrow morning?
Oh Hedy I forgot to tell you. It's not happening at the High School as per usual. Tommorow, on Sandy, approximately between my house and yours, is The First Annual Parkrose Cruise In And Neighborhood Festival

Havn't you seen all the banners?

The police will be out on Sandy in full force to discourage the um, "usual foot traffic" and there will be, well, some sort of festivities involving Classic Cars and the local businesses. Should be intersting.

And that's where the Farmer's market is going to be.

I think we are all going (Shawn's off work) to look at the cars (Shawn and Sophia love cars) and I guess just see what's the hubbub is all about.

Let's go to the regular farmer's market when we get back, okay?
#129 of 2000 Old 08-02-2008, 02:22 AM - Thread Starter

: I just hugged Nico back to sleep! : HUGGED! He literally fell back asleep in a hug. Yay!
Quote:
WHAT?!?!?!? I don't think so.

Quote:
Maybe I should . . . I could keep it in the laundry room. It would never be found there.

No one ever talks about this sucky part about being partner with someone who is trying not to drink. That you can't drink either. Oh well, I'll drink with my parents next week.
Oh I know. I don't think that is always the case, but it sure seems prudent in yours. Uh, that said... if we have our date, you'd have a long bus ride home to off gas a drink or two. I'm just sayin...

#130 of 2000 Old 08-02-2008, 02:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Oh you want to hear something bizzare?

Tonight when Shawn got home from work, he stepped out of his car, and an egg fell out of the sky just missing his head!!!!

It was a regular chicken egg. Not like a . . . . you know, tree nest birdy egg. It must have either fell out of a tree or off the roof. Or maybe someone threw it? I have no idea. It seems like a sign or something.
That is very odd. Did you see it fall on him?

#131 of 2000 Old 08-02-2008, 02:31 AM

[QUOTE=kaPOW!;11842528

Oh I know. I don't think that is always the case, but it sure seems prudent in yours. Uh, that said... if we have our date, you'd have a long bus ride home to off gas a drink or two. I'm just sayin...[/QUOTE]

Probably just one. Otherwise you'd have to take me home and put me to bed. I have no tolarance these days.

Quote:
That is very odd. Did you see it fall on him?

No, it didn't fall on him. Just near him. I did hear it hit the ground and crack open. I saw it falling. Just not from where . . .
#132 of 2000 Old 08-02-2008, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Oh Hedy I forgot to tell you. It's not happening at the High School as per usual. Tommorow, on Sandy, approximately between my house and yours, is The First Annual Parkrose Cruise In And Neighborhood Festival

Havn't you seen all the banners?

The police will be out on Sandy in full force to discourage the um, "usual foot traffic" and there will be, well, some sort of festivities involving Classic Cars and the local businesses. Should be intersting.

And that's where the Farmer's market is going to be.

I think we are all going (Shawn's off work) to look at the cars (Shawn and Sophia love cars) and I guess just see what's the hubbub is all about.

Let's go to the regular farmer's market when we get back, okay?
Ohhhh... no. Well, have fun.

And yeah, when you get back!

Quote:
Probably just one. Otherwise you'd have to take me home and put me to bed. I have no tolarance these days.

No, it didn't fall on him. Just near him. I did hear it hit the ground and crack open. I saw it falling. Just not from where . . .
Weird. Just. Weird.

+++

OK. I have a weird smell now. I'm starting to think diabetes more than pregnancy.

I'm also quite paranoid, if you didn't already know.
#133 of 2000 Old 08-02-2008, 02:57 AM

You smell weird or you smell something weird?
#134 of 2000 Old 08-02-2008, 03:00 AM

Quote:
You smell weird or you smell something weird?
I smell something weird, and I think it's me, but I can't tell. Todd thinks it's me too, but I'm also baking bread, so it could be the bread. He said it's like a play doh smell. The bread is a little bit on the salty side, but this is really strong in here, and not so much in the other room. I guess If I still smell weird tomorrow, I'll wonder.
#135 of 2000 Old 08-02-2008, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Probably just one. Otherwise you'd have to take me home and put me to bed.
Now there's a birthday gift!!

Quote:

OK. I have a weird smell now. I'm starting to think diabetes more than pregnancy.

I'm also quite paranoid, if you didn't already know.
I know! You are not ill. We used to have this book when I was a kid that had all of these symptoms in them. You could look up what you were feeling and it would tell you what crazy diseases you might have. You remind me of me at 12 looking up symptoms. lol

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
#136 of 2000 Old 08-02-2008, 03:46 AM

Quote:
I smell something weird, and I think it's me, but I can't tell. Todd thinks it's me too, but I'm also baking bread, so it could be the bread. He said it's like a play doh smell. The bread is a little bit on the salty side, but this is really strong in here, and not so much in the other room. I guess If I still smell weird tomorrow, I'll wonder.
Hi all!

Hedy are you taking fenugreek? It can make you have a smell kinda on the sweet side.
#137 of 2000 Old 08-02-2008, 03:57 AM

Oh yeah, it can smell maple-y right?

Sara, I can't access the calendar either. I tried to add it to my calendar, but no go. I started my period today.

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
#138 of 2000 Old 08-02-2008, 06:02 AM

Hi i just started a thread about this, but thought i'd post here anyways haha. Anyone going to Fun In The Park in Wilsonville tomorrow? 7 hours of free fun, i thought some of you might be around that area. We will be going well 3 out of the 4 kiddos are!
#139 of 2000 Old 08-02-2008, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani76 View Post
Oh yeah, it can smell maple-y right?

Sara, I can't access the calendar either. I tried to add it to my calendar, but no go. I started my period today.
Got it! And I think you'll get a new email.

#140 of 2000 Old 08-02-2008, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

5 am on my day off just won't work. Ryan had to go in this morning, so when he got up, I got up. Someone had to watch the Boy of No Sleep. Sob. I think I might be facing a tough choice, re: 7pm bedtimes.

Although, shit! He went to sleep at 8 last night. Do night-weaning kids just always get up super early at first?

I got Nico's bike seat set up on my bike, I think I might take him somewhere today. Anything fun going on, eastside?

#141 of 2000 Old 08-02-2008, 11:31 AM

Quote:
5 am on my day off just won't work. Ryan had to go in this morning, so when he got up, I got up. Someone had to watch the Boy of No Sleep. Sob. I think I might be facing a tough choice, re: 7pm bedtimes.

Although, shit! He went to sleep at 8 last night. Do night-weaning kids just always get up super early at first?

I got Nico's bike seat set up on my bike, I think I might take him somewhere today. Anything fun going on, eastside?
There's that cruise in and farmer's market on Sandy up by me. Do you know what a crusie in is? It's where all these folks that have classic cars that are all souped up drive somewhere and park and you can walk around and check out their cars. It's actually more fun than it sounds. It's kind of far for you to bike maybe but Nico might like to see the cars. Sophia loves them. Of course you can't touch them. I guess there are some other festivities going on but I can't say what exactly.

Anyway, if you came out here, you would be welcome to park your bike at our house.
#142 of 2000 Old 08-02-2008, 11:34 AM

#143 of 2000 Old 08-02-2008, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

: : Happy Birthday Pauline!!! : :

#144 of 2000 Old 08-02-2008, 11:39 AM

First Rossi Farms movie tonight

Food starts at 7:00
Movie starts at 8:00
Ends when the movie gets over.
I beleive that everything is free. (Corn might cost .25 cents)

Place:
Rossi Farms
3839 NE 122nd AVE
PDX OR 97230
(right next to Parkrose High School)

Movie:
The Ant Bully
Family Friendly =]

Bring a blanket to sit on. There will be corn on the cob and other treats. It would be fun to hang out with other mamas/familes and kiddos tonight.
#145 of 2000 Old 08-02-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:
: : Happy Birthday Pauline!!! : :
Thanks!
#146 of 2000 Old 08-02-2008, 11:45 AM

Quote:

Chase still gets up at 6:30. Every. Day. Goes to be at 8pm, too. The best news, though, is that he sleeps fairly solid from 8pm to 4am or a little later Some nights he wakes (me up) once or twice, but goes back to sleep easily with a little repositioning and cuddles.

There is a cruise-in today in Milwaukie, too. Near the bowling alley, across from Mike's Drive-in. We wandered down last year because the music was so loud!

Not sure what we're doing today. But DH said I can go off for a few hours and night, read, whatever! : Since my baby-free time yesterday was NOT FUN (I HATE shopping! Hate!) Hmm, where to go....

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#147 of 2000 Old 08-02-2008, 11:47 AM

: : HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PAULINE! I hope you have a wonderful day

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#148 of 2000 Old 08-02-2008, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

I'd love to see you for your Birthday Pauline But that's too far to ride for an event that's not really up Nico's alley.

ACTUALLY! That's it! I think Flutag is today at the waterfront!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post
Chase still gets up at 6:30. Every. Day. Goes to be at 8pm, too. The best news, though, is that he sleeps fairly solid from 8pm to 4am or a little later Some nights he wakes (me up) once or twice, but goes back to sleep easily with a little repositioning and cuddles.
Egh. That's not encouraging at all. Nico wakes up at 4 and wants to nurse until we get up. I can't sleep while nursing anymore, so I'm screwed. That's why I had to get up at 5 this morning. This is not good.

#149 of 2000 Old 08-02-2008, 12:09 PM

Sara, we might like to go to the Flugtag thing.
#150 of 2000 Old 08-02-2008, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldabee View Post
Sara, we might like to go to the Flugtag thing.
Might?!?!? Sprogley would LOVE it!

I'll post if I decide to go, I'd really like to. But it would involve taking Nico on the stretch of road that always gives me visions of my doom when I bike home from work. I wish I'd known about it last year, I would love to run a crazy contraption into the river.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page