Tacoma/South Sound Moms - August - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 08-20-2008, 07:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can do better! The website with all of that info, plus doctor bios! West Seattle Natural Medicine

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#32 of 45 Old 08-20-2008, 08:08 PM

Ooooh no, I'm almost positive Tricare won't cover any of that or naturopaths.
#33 of 45 Old 08-20-2008, 10:06 PM

I am on Tricare too and I pay outta pocket. Molly charges me $80/visit, which is less than she was charging me at her old clinic.

I was recommended Barbara Staab, ARNP by someone on here. She's covered by Tricare.

#34 of 45 Old 08-21-2008, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audenough View Post
I am starting an attachment parenting meetup this wednesday the 20th of August.. I really miss having frequent face to face contact with other ap parents so I'm hoping this will get the ball rolling. I plan on holding this every wednesday morning for a few months and seeing how it goes.

You can find it on meetup.com by searching for attachment parenting in tacoma

I will hold the first meetup at my house from 9am to 11am. PM for more info or go to meetup.com.

I know I've only met a few of you, but I'd love to meet more!

Kids and parents welcome and bring an ap friend if you want.
I'm so glad I went today! Thanks for starting this up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingOtter View Post
Hey ladies. (I recognize Alohamelly!) I just moved to Tacoma and I'm trying to find a good crunchy friendly doctor. Any recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
Are you looking for a ped? If so Fir Creek Pediatrics in University Place is HIGHLY recommended. When I have littles, I plan on going there.
We had an appointment there last week and it was great. I plan to keep going back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingOtter View Post
I was looking for Family Medicine since I want to be seen as well. I'll keep that one in mind, though.
I am also looking for a Family Medicine doc which is why I was coming to this thread tonight. I really need a doctor for myself since the kids are covered. We went to the Tricare office in Madigan last week and I found out that we automatically get assigned docs at the hospital on post unless we opt out by signing a waiver. Then, if there's a doctor you want to see, as long as they're in network, you can see them. Just put their name on your waiver. No need to transfer to standard or anything. Therefore, I need a doc for myself! Right now I'm assigned to the internal medicine clinic cause that's the only dept taking new patients.

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl
#35 of 45 Old 08-21-2008, 03:23 PM

I have another question! I have a lot of things I'd like to part with. Things such as bedding, towels, pots and pans, dishes. Where is a good place to donate these items to?

#36 of 45 Old 08-21-2008, 08:40 PM

We've been using freecycle.

I decided to go with the Fir Creek Peds for the kiddos. I saw the doc I was assigned at Madigan today and really like him a lot, so I think I'll stick with him for now and just take the kids off post.
#37 of 45 Old 08-22-2008, 03:51 PM

Goodwill is another place to donate to or Value Village takes donations.

I had to pick another random doc to get back on Prime, stupid Army kicked me off. I'll just change my PCM once I move. I enrolled online so that may be why they didn't have the PCM I was thinking about. Even though I go to the Naturopath, its nice to have an allopathic doc as back up.

I am still plugging away at the packing, kinda hard to do when ya live with other people who keep using your stuff.

#38 of 45 Old 08-25-2008, 01:21 AM

#39 of 45 Old 08-25-2008, 12:47 PM

Freecyle ... eh. I did join the Lakewood Freecycle last week and I may offer some of my items there but when we were in NC, I frequently had no shows or people picking through and taking what they wanted and it turned me off the whole Freecycle thing. I just want this stuff gone. I was hoping someone would know of a DV shelter or another place like that where I could take this stuff. It's not junky at all.

#40 of 45 Old 08-25-2008, 03:50 PM

Isn't there a place like that on Lewis? Fisher house...I think.

I go to sign my lease on Friday and I am hoping to move in to my new place this weekend. I may have to beg, cause I know she wanted to make sure it was really clean. I need to get out of this house ASAP. My sister and her friends keep breaking all of my stuff and I don't have the money to replace it. *sigh*

It will be so nice to get outta this place.

#41 of 45 Old 08-25-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alohamelly View Post
I have another question! I have a lot of things I'd like to part with. Things such as bedding, towels, pots and pans, dishes. Where is a good place to donate these items to?
This article was in the paper awhile back about Tacoma Housing Authority seeking donations for foster kids setting up their first apartments.

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#42 of 45 Old 08-25-2008, 09:18 PM

I'm so bummed. I live just outside of downtown, in a fabulous condo with a fabulous landlady. She's the best and this place is great. We anticipated settling in for a few years here while figuring out "what next".

She called us yesterday to tell us that they are working towards buying some huge dream home, and will have to sell all their properties, so if we wanted first crack at buying the condo we could. Well that owuld be great, in a year, once credit is figured out and all. And she's asking about 150K over what 3 condos in the building just went for. She's nuts. There's no way.

She says that if they put it on the market she'll tell them that the tenants would be happy being here for a few years, but come on, what buyer is going to do that? And even if they did, the landlord wouldn't be our fave lady!

So we'll likely have to move at the end of the lease (she said they won't do anything until close to lease end). Again. That makes a move here this May, a move to the old apt (across the street) May of '07, in May of '06 we moved into the landlady's townhouse (awful place but brand new so she didn't know), and before that we were almost 3 years in a horrid apartment (landlady was the manager of the complex), before that we were a year in BIL's condo. Moving is expensive, stressful, and my son really hates it. But there's no way we can afford to buy this place. Renting was just fine.

Dangit.
#43 of 45 Old 08-25-2008, 10:52 PM

Molly, I totally get how you feel. I have moved every year for the past three years. I hope you find something suitable for your family.

#44 of 45 Old 08-29-2008, 09:56 PM

I am moving back to the south sound this weekend!!!!

#45 of 45 Old 09-03-2008, 12:44 PM

new thread:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...4#post12095604

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page