August in Vancouver/SW WA - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 486 Old 08-29-2008, 02:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We're going to be late. We're always late. It's nearly 11 and I haven't even gotten in the shower yet, Nate is picking on his siblings left and right today and I can't leave him alone with them so that I can shower. None of the kids can find their swim suits and Ali is doing her best to aggravate Nate, for reasons unknown. We've only been up for three hours and already I'm at the end of my patience. We should be there, but we'll be late.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#482 of 486 Old 08-29-2008, 03:18 PM

Jessie! We're going to be late. Should have said so yesterday but there's no way we could make it on time. Aiming for 1 but we'll see how long the DMV takes.

Urban homesteader wanna be and homeschooling mama to the artist : 1/2003 and the peanut 6/2008 :
#483 of 486 Old 08-29-2008, 03:27 PM

Actually think I'll just go to the DMV after the party. That way we'll be on time.

Urban homesteader wanna be and homeschooling mama to the artist : 1/2003 and the peanut 6/2008 :
#484 of 486 Old 08-29-2008, 08:35 PM

Thanks Allison, it was great to see everybody!

Hey. Although we can't post, it looks like we can edit. weird

#485 of 486 Old 08-29-2008, 09:43 PM

Allison, thank you for having us over! I'm sorry we left such a mess. I needed to get Nate out of there right then. He was heading fast for meltdown. As soon as he plugged into my MP3 player and sat at the bus stop for a few minutes he started to calm down and by the time we got on the bus he was feeling much more steady and even chose to sit next to Ana to keep her safe {I was fine with her sitting on her own, but he thought that it would be better for him to sit with her}.

I'm happy that we took the bus. When we walked up to the bus stop there was a cell phone sitting on the ground. Nate picked it up and I let him decide what we should do with it ~ leave it there or take it with us to see if we could locate the owner. He chose to take it with us. Minutes before the bus pulled up a pair of girls ran over and asked if we had seen a red cell phone. They were so happy to get it back and Nate feels great about having done something so nice for someone. They would have probably found the phone even if we hadn't been there, but this way he got to have that nice feeling and a reminder of why doing good feels better than doing bad.

Which clearly he very much needed a reminder about. The constant picking on of his brother is seriously wearing on me.

So we have a fruit fly problem. It started right about the time we picked those blackberries. There MUST be a source somewhere, but I can't find it. Before we left for Seattle I made sure the whole apt. was clean, nothing in the sink and even poured bleach down the garbage disposal. When we got home there were a few fruit flies in the kitchen. By this morning there were quite a few of them again. In the bathroom, too. I don't know where they're coming from. Last year when we had the ff issue it turned out that the source was a single grape that had been smushed, wrapped in paper and stuffed behind the toilet out of sight. I hope to find it soon, because this is annoying.
#486 of 486 Old 09-02-2008, 02:22 AM - Thread Starter

New month new thread

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...3#post12084933

Allison wife and mom to four. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page