Anyone go to Kaiser Mt Talbert OB clinic? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-16-2008, 06:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If so, recs on MW's or OB's? I've seen a couple there and like one (Rachel Algenio) but I am wanting recs on others, if possible. Doesn't have to be pro-natural childbirth, just good and respectful during pregnancy mainly.

Thanks.
#2 of 5 Old 08-27-2008, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberMama View Post
If so, recs on MW's or OB's? I've seen a couple there and like one (Rachel Algenio) but I am wanting recs on others, if possible. Doesn't have to be pro-natural childbirth, just good and respectful during pregnancy mainly.

Thanks.
Hi ali! yes, i used the midwives there. for my prenatals i used betsy langdon and she is very cool with natural-minded folks. the problems is that for delivery, you get whoever is on call, and some of the midwives there are very medical-minded (asking me if i wanted my membranes stripped at 37 weeks, asking me if i wanted to be induced on my edd, pushing the glucose test, etc) but i got very lucky and tom lindsey was on call. he is a CNM also and was AWESOME hire a doula if you are going to birth at sunnyside, but its actually a pretty decent place for natural childbirth.

L married to J 8 years. Parents to 6 y.o. dd and 3 y.o. ds :nana
Veggie Family
#3 of 5 Old 08-27-2008, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Laura!! Though if I deliver there, I will HAVE to have a c/s.. unless I go HBA3C, which I am debating heavily on.. being my last was in March, of course. :/ But that's way in the future anyway, lol.

I am mainly looking for a MW that just respects my wishes. I don't see the need for so many of the tests and such, so I'd like to not be talked down to at my appt's. :P

Thanks again!!
#4 of 5 Old 08-27-2008, 07:36 PM

I had both mine at Sunnyside and went to the Mt. Talbert clinic.

I totally second Betsy Langton. She is cool and crunchy. She treats you with respect and takes the time to get to know you. She has a great sense of humor, she's gentle, kind, considerate and really listens.

One thing I would recommend though: before *every* appointment, call to make sure that she (or whoever you choose) is actually there. Sometimes something comes up with the schedule and you get there and can't see the MW you had your appointment with. Happened quite a few times during my first pregnancy. But with my second, I called every time. I would reschedule with Betsy rather than see anyone else.

I do NOT recommend MW Buckie Beattie. Stay far away from that woman.
#5 of 5 Old 08-27-2008, 10:22 PM

yes, bucky is the one who wanted to induce me because i was 40 w.
she is very much a medwife. tom and betsey were great, though.
i'm still rooting for the hba3c

L married to J 8 years. Parents to 6 y.o. dd and 3 y.o. ds :nana
Veggie Family

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page