Fall Playgroups or Indoor Activities in Seattle? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-28-2008, 05:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If the cool, drizzly weather is any indication, fall is beginning. This will be my first fall/winter with an active toddler (2yrs. is approaching soon).

We already do Zoomazium, just discovered a bouncy house place, and know some community center indoor playspaces. (Although I wasn't impressed with the climbing equipment so if anyone can recommend a good one, I'd appreciate it.) We also do a class, but only one at a time because of the cost. I've also considered a Children's Museum membership, but don't know of affordable parking - any recommendations? We like the Downtown library but again - parking?

Does anyone know of any fun playgroups or other exciting indoor activities? I just heard about PlayMatters on Greenwood, but at $10/hr. we couldn't really do that very often. Is anyone already in a playgroup that we could try out?

Thanks for your help. Happy Days Ahead!
#2 of 4 Old 08-28-2008, 03:59 PM

Where in Seattle are you?
#3 of 4 Old 08-28-2008, 07:10 PM

I'm on meetup.com in the Seattle urban adventures. Shannon has been planning lots of fun activites. Although I didn't get to partake in many because of inlaws staying with us.
I have just been thinking about that too. My ds isn't one to sit still or really focus on a task at hand. We belong to Gymboree as well and that is all that I really have planned for now.
How am I going to keep my 2 yr old entertained for the rest of the day? I am just going to wing it. I plan on going to the beach in boots and a rain jacket. Jumping in puddles seems to be something my ds really enjoys. Maybe your LO can play with my LO?
#4 of 4 Old 08-28-2008, 10:11 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm not in Seattle, but if your Gymboree is like the one over here (Redmond) it may be worth it. With ours (or at least a couple of years ago when we did it) if you were in any class they had free open play time every afternoon (from like 2-4 or something). It was really nice on those rainy days to take my ds in for a couple hours of play, at no additional cost to me.

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page