September is here, PDX Mamas! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 1788 Old 09-05-2008, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I like sci fi. What I don't like is soap operas disguised as sci fi. Ryan looooves the soap star treks, for instance. Like it's less cheesy if the love affairs and baby scandals are 4 billion light years away. It's MORE cheesy!

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#302 of 1788 Old 09-05-2008, 02:34 PM

Hedy that property looks amazing.

i finally kicked my migraine. now its down to just a headache, no more light/smell aversion and nausea. oh man it was so bad last night that i took a puke bucket to bed, just in case.
:Puke: yuck.

this morning was so sweet. Addy woke up chatty, but not mean like she normally does, and i asked her if she wanted to come snuggle us, and as soon as Niamh heard her voice she woke up happy too. so we all snuggled in my bed for ten minutes. it waws HEAVEN! then when i went potty the girls snuggled in my bed. it was so sweet to come back and see Addy tickling Niamh on her belly and Niamh laughing and signing more.

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#303 of 1788 Old 09-05-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
I like sci fi. What I don't like is soap operas disguised as sci fi. Ryan looooves the soap star treks, for instance. Like it's less cheesy if the love affairs and baby scandals are 4 billion light years away. It's MORE cheesy!
Yeah, I think this was part of what turned me off about them. Well, that and the costumes. It's just difficult for me to take Jar Jar, or anyone on Babylon 5 seriously. I did manage to find a special place in my heart for Yoda, but 1977 Yoda. Not weird, CGI'd flip-in-the-air, looking like a pug dog on crack, Yoda.
#304 of 1788 Old 09-05-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyMamaBear View Post
Hedy that property looks amazing.

i finally kicked my migraine. now its down to just a headache, no more light/smell aversion and nausea. oh man it was so bad last night that i took a puke bucket to bed, just in case.
:Puke: yuck.

this morning was so sweet. Addy woke up chatty, but not mean like she normally does, and i asked her if she wanted to come snuggle us, and as soon as Niamh heard her voice she woke up happy too. so we all snuggled in my bed for ten minutes. it waws HEAVEN! then when i went potty the girls snuggled in my bed. it was so sweet to come back and see Addy tickling Niamh on her belly and Niamh laughing and signing more.
That's good, Tiff! Glad to hear it!
#305 of 1788 Old 09-05-2008, 03:00 PM

i took isaac down to jackpot records this morning and got free passes to see built to spill tonight :

and MIL is here for free babysitting :::

that's the upside. the downside is she just put liquid dish soap in the dishwasher because i keep my detergent on the counter so no one can drink it. she didn't see it. thankfully it isn't bubbling TOO badly
#306 of 1788 Old 09-05-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar View Post
i took isaac down to jackpot records this morning and got free passes to see built to spill tonight :

that's the upside. the downside is she just put liquid dish soap in the dishwasher because i keep my detergent on the counter so no one can drink it. she didn't see it. thankfully it isn't bubbling TOO badly
OMG I am so very, very jealous!!! Have fun! I LOVE them!
#307 of 1788 Old 09-05-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
OMG I am so very, very jealous!!! Have fun! I LOVE them!
i love them too! i hope we can get in. they'll quit letting people in when it reaches capacity. doors are at 4:30 and show starts at 5:30. early!!
but i am thinking positive and i think doug can get off work early enough.

and isaac gets to go watch horton hears a who at berkeley park with my old boss tonight (and some 5 year old twin friends of hers). i think mil will stay home with ebin. a fun night out all around. i'm trying to figure out if i can manage to ride my bike all the way to the wonder ballroom
#308 of 1788 Old 09-05-2008, 03:36 PM

how cool jessica. i'd love a date night. have fun!

Niamh is trying to feed me her snack.

btw, anyone have a highchair they want to get rid of? we need to give Lisa back her excersaucer Niamh does NOT fit in it anymore.

#309 of 1788 Old 09-05-2008, 03:43 PM

Yeah, I can't believe it's been this long since I have seen them live, but we went to see them in 1998 at the WOW hall in Eugene. That was a really fun show.
#310 of 1788 Old 09-05-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
I just posted on my blog about Ditch the Disposables challenge which I think is an awesome idea.

I know most of us have already moved a lot in this direction, but seems we can always do just a little bit more.

My challenge is to move more fully towards family cloth (sorry if TMI). I already use it for #1 and LOVE it, but have wanted to, but resisted moving towards #2. But I re-read Breana's system for how she does it and I am ready to start now.

I didn't post on my blog that this is the challenge I am taking on since it would totally gross out my extended family and that would probably turn them off from making any move towards ditching disposables!

Me ---> :
Eleanor and I use family cloth all of the time unless we run out, and we just use a dry pail method. But Breana's method is great for soaking them. I need to go to Ikea and get a pail like hers.

Quote:
Does anyone want to meet up at a park or coffee or something either NE or SE today? I have to go to Milagros because we are using diaper pins right now, and I also wanted to make a trip over to Mirador. (Unless there is a place in SE that sells snappis. As of last year, the only place I knew about was Milagros.)

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Probably mid-afternoon.
What about Mother Nature's at 26th(ish) and Clinton?

Quote:
how cool jessica. i'd love a date night. have fun!

Niamh is trying to feed me her snack.

btw, anyone have a highchair they want to get rid of? we need to give Lisa back her excersaucer Niamh does NOT fit in it anymore.
Zoe was giving away a few that buckle onto chairs on the giveaway thread.

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
#311 of 1788 Old 09-05-2008, 03:59 PM

I should call them again. The last time I needed one, they didn't carry them.
#312 of 1788 Old 09-05-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Does anyone want to meet up at a park or coffee or something either NE or SE today? I have to go to Milagros because we are using diaper pins right now, and I also wanted to make a trip over to Mirador. (Unless there is a place in SE that sells snappis. As of last year, the only place I knew about was Milagros.)

Probably mid-afternoon.
Our playdate this morning got cancelled, so we would LOVE to do something this afternoon. Getting out of the house once a day is a necessity! And I have a spare snappi or two I could give you - we haven't used pre-folds in a while, and I don't see us going back to them except in emergencies.

What's kind of in-between us? Mt. Tabor? Mt. Scott? I'd rather do a park than a coffee shop, both because of my dietary restrictions and so the kids get some run around time.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#313 of 1788 Old 09-05-2008, 04:08 PM

yeah i saw that. we have one we are getting rid of in the garage sale. with the layout of our dining room, and how many people we have in the family, we need all the chairs for meal times. we really need a real high chair.
maybe i can find an ok one off craigslist

#314 of 1788 Old 09-05-2008, 04:29 PM

Quote:
yeah i saw that. we have one we are getting rid of in the garage sale. with the layout of our dining room, and how many people we have in the family, we need all the chairs for meal times. we really need a real high chair.
maybe i can find an ok one off craigslist
Tiff, can you just buy another regular chair? It would take up less space than a traditional high-chair, and last longer, too. Or maybe there isn't enough space at the table...

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#315 of 1788 Old 09-05-2008, 04:41 PM

Coming up for air. Gods, do I hate packing. It's just endless. I have a lot of crap.
#316 of 1788 Old 09-05-2008, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldabee View Post
Coming up for air. Gods, do I hate packing. It's just endless. I have a lot of crap.
I hear ya there. I haven't moved since 2003, and not looking forward to the time when we will have to do it again.

+++

Karen, have you been to Piccolo Park? It's around 28th between Clinton and Division. That's a really cute little park. Would 3 be too late?
#317 of 1788 Old 09-05-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:

Probably mid-afternoon.
i have to go buy shoes at clogs N more, around 4. that's kinda near mirador?
#318 of 1788 Old 09-05-2008, 05:30 PM

Karen, not enough space at the table.
we have TONS of chairs. lol. seriously there are chairs everywhere in our house.
we have room in the dining room for a high chair, but not for another place at the table.

#319 of 1788 Old 09-05-2008, 05:43 PM

Gack! I need to jump in the shower.

Just realized... for some reason, Karen, my phone doesn't have your #. It's been acting really weird lately, and I had to re-add my mom. Time to get a new phone apparently.

Anywho, can you PM me again?
#320 of 1788 Old 09-05-2008, 05:44 PM

Jill, do you have my #? We might still be over there around then. Its fa hive oh tree fo siiix seben won seben pibe ate.
#321 of 1788 Old 09-05-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldabee View Post
Soon you'll be in a new space though : But really - sorry about the packing. I hate it too.

Can anyone compare enameled cast iron to basic cast iron for me? Costco has some enameled that they are selling and we are trying to decide if we want to get it or stainless steel. Does the enameled cast iron still get some extra iron in your diet like the basic cast iron does?

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
#322 of 1788 Old 09-05-2008, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susannah M View Post
Soon you'll be in a new space though : But really - sorry about the packing. I hate it too.

Can anyone compare enameled cast iron to basic cast iron for me? Costco has some enameled that they are selling and we are trying to decide if we want to get it or stainless steel. Does the enameled cast iron still get some extra iron in your diet like the basic cast iron does?
It might add some lead, too. There are plenty that have lead in the coating, and the beautiful enameled cast iron that I bought a while back started chipping. It was all very heart breaking, I'll never buy it again even though it was wonderful and I loved it.

#323 of 1788 Old 09-05-2008, 05:49 PM

oh i WANT some enamled cast iron.
i'd like to know too please

#324 of 1788 Old 09-05-2008, 05:50 PM

ack didnt know that Sara. thanks for that info.

#325 of 1788 Old 09-05-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
I have to leave in an hour and half to take Alex to my mom's and Bre to preschool. But here is some food for thought. :

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=962218
i just looked and couldnt find Addys vitamins on the list. does that mean they are ok? or that they havent been tested?

#326 of 1788 Old 09-05-2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar View Post

woohoo! free babysitting? what is this...free babysitting...ROFL awesome! enjoy!

run vinegar in after, to help with bubbles...
#327 of 1788 Old 09-05-2008, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
i just looked and couldnt find Addys vitamins on the list. does that mean they are ok? or that they havent been tested?
I would assume it wasn't tested. I'm sure they would have posted the results had it been.

#328 of 1788 Old 09-05-2008, 06:11 PM

[QUOTE=Hedy B.;12111915]Hey, good for you! I seriously doubt Todd would ever go for this, but I do find it intriguing.

LOL Drew actually flipped the other day when i mentioned i had been using cloth pads for about 6 years...i had no idea he never know, i mean that is a looong time not to notice! we have done family cloth before, mostly just me and the littler ones. when we moved i quit, i don't even know why. but i am probably going to start again, need a switch for the washer so it turns to "hot" without using pliers but, family cloth for my teenager, he says, no way. Drew, also no way. whatever
#329 of 1788 Old 09-05-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Karen, have you been to Piccolo Park? It's around 28th between Clinton and Division. That's a really cute little park. Would 3 be too late?
Quote:
Jill, do you have my #? We might still be over there around then. Its fa hive oh tree fo siiix seben won seben pibe ate.
Piccolo park at 3pm sounds fine. Gives me time to get dressed

My number is on both the lists...its the same first tree as yours, then tres quattro (lucky number) nada uno (digits on one hand) (lucky number)

mki, gv <-- that would be Chase!

#330 of 1788 Old 09-05-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
It might add some lead, too. There are plenty that have lead in the coating, and the beautiful enameled cast iron that I bought a while back started chipping. It was all very heart breaking, I'll never buy it again even though it was wonderful and I loved it.
Ugh. What brand was it? Do you think it is inevitable that they will all chip? I just did a little bit of online searching and it seems that Le Creuset made in France does not have lead in it.

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page