Forum Jump: 

#61 of 1788 Old 09-02-2008, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyMamaBear View Post
Tina, mindful home management.
Lee, thats such a sweet idea! i wish i could do that for my mom. no one has any pictures of her after i turned 6. she refuses to let us take her pic, then if we do and she finds it she destroys it.
Tiff I feel the same way about pictures. It really annoys me when people disrespect my wishes and sneak up and take them anyway. Then they act like...I am being rediculous. I am sorry.. I don't want people having pictures of me looking like.. well I will leave the rest out.. but I don't want pictures taken and I have been known to burn ones I have found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savmay View Post
Right on mama

So, update on me: (cause I know you are all waiting to hear...)
Just finished the 10 days of crazy hard core antibiotics. We think the infection is gone but my ankle is still swollen and i am on crutches now. I see my dr again tomorrow. Crutches and toddlers
So, I am mostly working from home and Liam is going to his nanny share or Nana's house during the day.
Friday I will be alone with him. IF I can drive by then, anyone want to play in the morning at a park or OMSI or such?
Savannah, I am so glad you are on the mend!!!

Friday is Bre's first day of preschool. While I am glad that school has started again.. it gives the kids something to do and gives me a little piece and time to get things done... I am NOT glad for all the gas I am going to be using.
#62 of 1788 Old 09-02-2008, 05:05 PM

Tina, thr biggest problem i have with my mom doing it, is, someday she is going to die. probably sooner rather than later, because she doesnt really take good care of herself and she has lots of health problems. and i want to be able to have pictures of her to help the girls remember her. she is a GREAT wonderful amazing grandmother most of the time, and if she does go sooner, then i worry the girls might have a hard time remembering what she looked like and who she was.

i also hate having my pictures taken. when i look in the mirror i think i look pretty ok looking and dont have issues with my appearance, then i see me in pictures and i think i look like an awkward hippo.
kind of like the hippo from Madagascar. round everywhere with tiny hands and feet.
but, just because *I* dont like the way i look in phtoes doesnt mean that isnt really the way i look in real life and i too want my kids/husband/possible grandkids to be able to look at pics of me fondly after i am gone.

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#63 of 1788 Old 09-02-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savmay View Post
Right on mama

So, update on me: (cause I know you are all waiting to hear...)
Just finished the 10 days of crazy hard core antibiotics. We think the infection is gone but my ankle is still swollen and i am on crutches now. I see my dr again tomorrow. Crutches and toddlers
So, I am mostly working from home and Liam is going to his nanny share or Nana's house during the day.
Friday I will be alone with him. IF I can drive by then, anyone want to play in the morning at a park or OMSI or such?
I'm glad things are going better for you Savannah. I'm sure it's challenging to be chasing after Liam on crutches. Wow.
#64 of 1788 Old 09-02-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
what day works for you? Ru and I need to get out this morning... am thinking about going back to Ikea to return something and get another toy storage thing. Or maybe some thrift stores scouring for cool toys for the playroom. Or maybe I'll go buy chalkboard paint and paint something.
Not sure about the meal train yet. we're waiting till Nicole and fam are settled in their new home. I'll give a heads up when we're ready to move food

Ruby did too! but not in a tent... and it was after no nap, and a massive meltdown... so I dont' think i'll trade for that.
i need to go to ikea too. but, can't do mornings during the week
#65 of 1788 Old 09-02-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNPORTLAND View Post
I probably can't make the coffeeshop tommorow - We're too broke til Thursday but I'll try and make the next one.
Will someone scope it out, as a possible Sunday AM anti-football meeting spot, please?
#66 of 1788 Old 09-02-2008, 05:35 PM

can i crash the coffee date too?

crutches and toddlers do not compute! i hope the swelling goes down soon
#67 of 1788 Old 09-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Joi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyMamaBear View Post
Tina, thr biggest problem i have with my mom doing it, is, someday she is going to die. probably sooner rather than later, because she doesnt really take good care of herself and she has lots of health problems. and i want to be able to have pictures of her to help the girls remember her. she is a GREAT wonderful amazing grandmother most of the time, and if she does go sooner, then i worry the girls might have a hard time remembering what she looked like and who she was.

i also hate having my pictures taken. when i look in the mirror i think i look pretty ok looking and dont have issues with my appearance, then i see me in pictures and i think i look like an awkward hippo.
kind of like the hippo from Madagascar. round everywhere with tiny hands and feet.
but, just because *I* dont like the way i look in phtoes doesnt mean that isnt really the way i look in real life and i too want my kids/husband/possible grandkids to be able to look at pics of me fondly after i am gone.
Alright I am actually doing a I read something like that awhile ago on here and it changed my mind about having my picture taken..... just because I feel like Jojo the dog faced girl doesn't mean that my kids shouldn't have the pictures for themselves when I am a daisy pusher.
#68 of 1788 Old 09-02-2008, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post
Pauline, if you can get there, I'll buy you a coffee

I'm so glad so many people are going to try and make it! Should we decide on a time? 10am?
I was going to offer P a coffee... but it seems like she's been sufficiently coerced into coming. yay!

Sadly, both babies had apnea incidents last night, so they won't be coming home till sunday at the earliest. Celeste is bereft. It's so hard to watch her going through this, but there is nothing to do other than wait.

Ikea was a success, I spent too much money and there was no (well little) meltdown. unfortunately the tired girl i brought home spent an hour and 15 mins nursing and rolling around the bed, and refused to actually nap. Day two, no nap! yay. not. we're having a snack then off to mt scott park for a while. bah no nap days!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#69 of 1788 Old 09-02-2008, 06:28 PM

So is it true that there are only like 6 laundromats in all of Portland East Side? Or is Google pulling my chain? Anyone familiar with laundromats? I need a Plan B for after I move, in case I get behind, or want to wash all my linens or something. (There's a small washing machine and no dryer for 2 big people and two little people, and I think it will be a pain at times.)

Sorry to hear that Celeste's babies have to stay in NICU for longer...Sprogly was only in 3 days and I was turning myself inside out. Hope they're well enough to come home soon.
#70 of 1788 Old 09-02-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joi View Post
Alright I am actually doing a I read something like that awhile ago on here and it changed my mind about having my picture taken..... just because I feel like Jojo the dog faced girl doesn't mean that my kids shouldn't have the pictures for themselves when I am a daisy pusher.
Yea.. it was Angie that said something similar before. However I still can't stomach to look at newer pictures of myself. And people always manage to take the most unflattering pictures to begin with.
#71 of 1788 Old 09-02-2008, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldabee View Post
So is it true that there are only like 6 laundromats in all of Portland East Side? Or is Google pulling my chain? Anyone familiar with laundromats? I need a Plan B for after I move, in case I get behind, or want to wash all my linens or something. (There's a small washing machine and no dryer for 2 big people and two little people, and I think it will be a pain at times.)

Sorry to hear that Celeste's babies have to stay in NICU for longer...Sprogly was only in 3 days and I was turning myself inside out. Hope they're well enough to come home soon.
Is it a house or an appartment Beth? Can you guy a dryer yourself?

When I lived in Cali I had a clothes line in my back yard and in my garage. Here I don't. The one outside is almost worthless since it's always raining, and we live on a semi busy road and I don't want my clothes smelling like fumes. : The garage is out cause DH has it full of junk.

If we DO move to some land.. the first thing I am going to do is get a clothes line for outside, and out my retractable one back in the garage. I actually miss hanging clothes up to dry. It was relaxing. yea if that sound weird, my cousin said mowing the lawn on her 1/3 acre property was relaxing.
#72 of 1788 Old 09-02-2008, 06:37 PM

So I finally got around to reading the new sticky in FYT. In it was this little gem:

Quote:
If the course of your discussion leads you to a focused discussion already hosted elsewhere, you will be asked to take the conversation there.
Does this mean if we start talking about dinner, or recipes we need to go to the nutrition forum and can't talk about it amongst ourselves here? Or am I just reading this a bit to literally?
#73 of 1788 Old 09-02-2008, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Yes. There is one on 72nd and Flavelish; pretty close to you. Also one on Woodstock.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#74 of 1788 Old 09-02-2008, 06:49 PM

Alexia had her first day of first grade today (should I take this to schooling?). Hopefully she did ok. She really wanted to go to public school this year, so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that she's happy there. If not, I'm more than willing to homeschool her some more.
We're headed to pick her up in a few minutes.

Elizabeth, Proud Pagan wife, and mama to DD - 10/30/01, DS1 - 01/08/04, DS2 - 03/22/07, my twin DDs -08/08 and our new little DS3 - 06/11/10
#75 of 1788 Old 09-02-2008, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowEarthFaerie View Post
Alexia had her first day of first grade today (should I take this to schooling?). Hopefully she did ok. She really wanted to go to public school this year, so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that she's happy there. If not, I'm more than willing to homeschool her some more.
We're headed to pick her up in a few minutes.
I need to go pick up Elizabeth in 20 minutes. Alex has been asleep since about 11:30. I wonder if I will need to wake him up.

I hope Alexia had a great day! Sprogly too and all the other LO's who had their first days.
#76 of 1788 Old 09-02-2008, 06:58 PM

i feel the first day of school excitement and we won't even be doing that til next year isaac is moving into the prek class at y's choice though next week. and i dropped him off there this morning because he'll be transitioning this week.

i hope everyone had a fun first day : who had one today!

that must be so hard for celeste to keep waiting and waiting. fingerscrossed for sunday
#77 of 1788 Old 09-02-2008, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
I need to go pick up Elizabeth in 20 minutes. Alex has been asleep since about 11:30. I wonder if I will need to wake him up.

I hope Alexia had a great day! Sprogly too and all the other LO's who had their first days.
ours was all chaotic at pickup... ugh. i don't know why neither I nor kiddo can get into the daily rhythm with school. when he wakes up (yes, good old nap in the car too late), i really hope we get to go wagoning and not watch dvd's.

so my parents told me he was only crabby on the day we picked him up... oh thx, only cranky for us... he bit me, too!
#78 of 1788 Old 09-02-2008, 08:40 PM

Subbing at last! It's been a crazy summer so I've missed you all. I've quit my day job so hopefully will have a bit less stress (and maybe more time) now that I am "just" running ZBG.

Gigi's first day of k is Thursday...can't believe the time has flown by. We are feeling weird about it : I need a car & driver though - anyone in N. PDX want to pick up my dd at school in the afternoon and deliver her to ZBG? Paying $5 day, up to $100 a month...

I love September and all of fall really. My 16 year wedding anniversary is coming up later this month.

hope I can keep up...

treehugger.gifread.gifsewmachine.gif  Mama to joy.gif 3/03 and angel3.gif 12/06, married to jammin.gif for 18 years
#79 of 1788 Old 09-02-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottiew View Post
Will someone scope it out, as a possible Sunday AM anti-football meeting spot, please?
I am going to try and make it tommorow but probably would not go on a Sunday when the bus is slow. Why do the busses have to be slow on Sunday? People with cars still have to get places.

Quote:

You can come to my house

Hi Cynthia!
#80 of 1788 Old 09-02-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyncyn View Post
Subbing at last! It's been a crazy summer so I've missed you all. I've quit my day job so hopefully will have a bit less stress (and maybe more time) now that I am "just" running ZBG.

Gigi's first day of k is Thursday...can't believe the time has flown by. We are feeling weird about it : I need a car & driver though - anyone in N. PDX want to pick up my dd at school in the afternoon and deliver her to ZBG? Paying $5 day, up to $100 a month...

I love September and all of fall really. My 16 year wedding anniversary is coming up later this month.

hope I can keep up...

yeahhhh for quitting day jobs!!!!!

I really need to stop by. I found more diapers and we are out of trainers!!!!

Leslie-mom to Carson and Madison :, Sage Tree :, and Buckbeak, Tonks, and Luna
#81 of 1788 Old 09-02-2008, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

OH! Yeah, Beth! Duh, of course you can come to my house to do laundry. LMK when. You can pick up some grapes while you're here. I think they're days away from being ready.

#82 of 1788 Old 09-02-2008, 09:19 PM

Hey Look people who need freezers . . . http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/zip/824115667.html
#83 of 1788 Old 09-02-2008, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyncyn View Post

hope I can keep up...
Hi Cynthia! I am glad everything is working out at zoom. It's nice to see you back!

Quote:
Hey Look people who need freezers . . . http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/zip/824115667.html
We could use a new freezer. Ours was used when we bought it 10 years ago. It's still chugging though so it's not at the top of my priority list.
#84 of 1788 Old 09-02-2008, 10:45 PM

Quote:
You can come to my house
How many washing machines do you have?

No talking, only packing.
#85 of 1788 Old 09-02-2008, 10:53 PM

Quote:
How many washing machines do you have?

No talking, only packing.
Just one but I don't do laundry every day. Especially since we are out of diapers : You could definitely come and use if it necessary.
#86 of 1788 Old 09-02-2008, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Just one but I don't do laundry every day. Especially since we are out of diapers : You could definitely come and use if it necessary.
Thanks. You misunderstand me, though. We have a washing machine, it's just small and there's no dryer. So, if I'm behind, it's simpler to just go to the laundromat, shove everything in 2 big machines, and be out of there in a little over an hour with clean laundry. Especially with big duvets and stuff, sometimes it's worth it.

Anyway, I'm touched that some of you would welcome me and my laundry. Youse guys are so nice. :
#87 of 1788 Old 09-02-2008, 11:52 PM

i would enjoy meeting you all for coffee in the a.m. (if it isn't too early...-i have yet to meet most of you-if you are up for another mama & 5 y.o., that is. where is it again you all are meeting? except for UG the only coffee places i know (which aren't many, i am slack and stay in my neighborhood for the most part LOL) aren't too kid friendly.
i dry my clothes on hangers, some on a tiny line outside my back patio door and some in an open closet, far apart from each other, and others on towel racks, chairs, whatnot. i have needed to buy one of those folding type clothes dryers for a few years or so but have yet to do it
#88 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 12:11 AM

Anyone who can see the western horizon, now is a good time to look at it.
#89 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter

: I have a king bed! I have a king bed! I have a king bed!!! :

And the frame is just fine! And cheaper than the one we'd picked out. Just two hours of assembly time, and viola: The Biggest Bed Ever!!! And I got to pull out all the king sized bedding I'd bought on 60% off clearance 6 months ago, back when a king bed was just a pipe dream. Before we even had a house. Yay!

#90 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter

Where's Hedy????

Quote:
Originally Posted by aolinsmama View Post
i would enjoy meeting you all for coffee in the a.m. (if it isn't too early...-i have yet to meet most of you-if you are up for another mama & 5 y.o., that is. where is it again you all are meeting? except for UG the only coffee places i know (which aren't many, i am slack and stay in my neighborhood for the most part LOL) aren't too kid friendly.
i dry my clothes on hangers, some on a tiny line outside my back patio door and some in an open closet, far apart from each other, and others on towel racks, chairs, whatnot. i have needed to buy one of those folding type clothes dryers for a few years or so but have yet to do it
You're SE aren't you? This CS is in your area; 39th and Gladstone st. We were all meeting at 10.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page