September is here, PDX Mamas! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 01:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh Nicole, I'm so sorry to hear that you are dealing with such huge housing issues right now! On the positive side, I'm so glad Sophie is doing well and the kids are so in love with her. She sure is cute

And completely OT - I had a dream that I went back to school. And my professor was Hilary Duff.

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
#122 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 01:23 PM

How long will everyone be at coffee?
#123 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsythia View Post
Thanks gals...pics up on the blog, link in my signature...posted that on the babywatch thread.

Oh so very very cute!:
#124 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
I was going to offer P a coffee... but it seems like she's been sufficiently coerced into coming. yay!

Sadly, both babies had apnea incidents last night, so they won't be coming home till sunday at the earliest. Celeste is bereft. It's so hard to watch her going through this, but there is nothing to do other than wait.
come home babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
: I have a king bed! I have a king bed! I have a king bed!!! :

And the frame is just fine! And cheaper than the one we'd picked out. Just two hours of assembly time, and viola: The Biggest Bed Ever!!! And I got to pull out all the king sized bedding I'd bought on 60% off clearance 6 months ago, back when a king bed was just a pipe dream. Before we even had a house. Yay!
King beds are the best I can't imagine sleeping with my 6"1' husband and tossing toddler without one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post
Me me me!! Or if you can't drive, we can go to the park by your house, yes?

Cool, I will send you an email about it! I bet Chase and Liam will really connect now that Chase is on the move!

Quote:
Hi mamas...thought I'd let all you know that we are doing well. Baby Sophie is wonderful! The kids think she's pretty special. Madden is adjusting, but loves on the baby and rubs her little head and gives her hugs...Daphne loves to hold her! And Jaiden loves to hold her when I ask. He's 9 going on 13, I swear...
Me, can I just say that I have a lot to process!!!! I take one long look at this sweet little girl in my arms and, awe! I'm so amazed and love her soooo much! I feel so complete.
As for housing...me and the kids are staying w/a friend. DH is working on finding us a place, but it is slim pickings in our area unless we want to pay $1200 for rent. Our community resource has no funding so we are out of luck for emergency housing. We are waiting to hear back on a couple different places, so hopefully we will have some good news soon...Not exactly the best time for a move...
So there ya have it...it sucks...but what's a mama to do?

I apologize for posting and not being caught up with everyone....I am so thankful for all my friends and your support and warm thoughts...big hugs!
You are such a positive person lady! I am sending a powerful intention your way that the ideal living situation comes easily and soon!:

Quote:
Candice[/B], I dreamed that you announced your pregnancy on your blog. Haven't checked this morning to confirm yet; maybe you could just announce it here.
off to read C blog. Have I missed something?

I am walking today! :
My ankle is still swollen and tight and really funky but I am starting to walk on it! I can see that it is going to need some tender care b/c the infection caused a lot of tight scar tissue around the ankle almost like a bad burn or something. Such a strange thing. :
#125 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savmay View Post
King beds are the best I can't imagine sleeping with my 6"1' husband and tossing toddler without one!

I am walking today! :
My ankle is still swollen and tight and really funky but I am starting to walk on it! I can see that it is going to need some tender care b/c the infection caused a lot of tight scar tissue around the ankle almost like a bad burn or something. Such a strange thing. :
Me either. That's why he's been sleeping on the couch for many months.

YAYAY!!! For walking, I am so glad to hear this!!!!! See ya, cellulitis!

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#126 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Joi

Oh Savannah I am so glad to hear you are able to walk! I burned my feet once really very badly and couldn't walk for awhile..... it was hard to get going again because the scars were so tight. Just take it slowly and I know you will be chasing that little man of yours soon
#127 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 02:35 PM

YAY for walking! go Sav!!!

Nicole, she is GORGEOUS babe. omg i am so smitten
i am so sorry you have had such a stress happening during your babymooning.

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#128 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 02:36 PM

anyone else LOVE Word World?

#129 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Ha, I can and it's not a pretty site!! The first time my toddler fell out of bed I told him enough is enough!! We bought a king sized bed that day!

Now we have a Cal King and I think our next bed will be a king again. The Cal King is still too short and he sleeps sideways anyway so I might as well have a bed with more room to his feet aren't on my side.
#130 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
Let's just say nothing about the trip was good enough for Todd and he complained and yelled at everyone the entire time. The final straw was when we arrived at the aquarium with only 40 minutes because we thought it closed at 6. Nope. Closes at 5, and he freaked out, and wanted to go home. We had told Lily we would visit another beach, but that didn't happen because he was too upset.

I drove us home from Newport via Corvallis, then went grocery shopping when I got back. Pretty tired now. He threw the grocery money at me because he didn't want me to go then, but we needed stuff. Turns out he didn't want to watch the girls for that time.

Just... very frustrated.
Sorry Hedy, that sounds like a horrible time. Joey always talks about how his dad would flip out on vacations if everything wasn't perfect. He had this idea in his head about how he wanted everything to be and could not improvise.

Quote:
Hi mamas...thought I'd let all you know that we are doing well. Baby Sophie is wonderful! The kids think she's pretty special. Madden is adjusting, but loves on the baby and rubs her little head and gives her hugs...Daphne loves to hold her! And Jaiden loves to hold her when I ask. He's 9 going on 13, I swear...
Me, can I just say that I have a lot to process!!!! I take one long look at this sweet little girl in my arms and, awe! I'm so amazed and love her soooo much! I feel so complete.
As for housing...me and the kids are staying w/a friend. DH is working on finding us a place, but it is slim pickings in our area unless we want to pay $1200 for rent. Our community resource has no funding so we are out of luck for emergency housing. We are waiting to hear back on a couple different places, so hopefully we will have some good news soon...Not exactly the best time for a move...
So there ya have it...it sucks...but what's a mama to do?

I apologize for posting and not being caught up with everyone....I am so thankful for all my friends and your support and warm thoughts...big hugs!
Quote:
Thanks gals...pics up on the blog, link in my signature...posted that on the babywatch thread.
: I hope you find housing soon, and I said it on your blog, but Sophie is so pretty that I had to cry a little! :

Quote:
Candice[/B], I dreamed that you announced your pregnancy on your blog. Haven't checked this morning to confirm yet; maybe you could just announce it here.
Troublemaker! No, I'm not pregnant, but it's funny you mention that, because I miscounted my cycle and thought I was for about a week. I got kind of excited, actually. It was kind of a bummer to find out I wasn't. But we talked about it and decided that when we are settled in PDX and when I have my first month of making a certain amount of money, we'll start trying to get pregnant again. So, it's nice to plan it because it gives me time to get as healthy as I can.

:
#131 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 02:54 PM

Hooray for walking, Savannah! :

Hooray for joining the King size bed club, Sara!
#132 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
I am walking today! :
: for walking!

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
#133 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susannah M View Post
And completely OT - I had a dream that I went back to school. And my professor was Hilary Duff.
That is too funny.

Quote:

I am walking today! :
Yay for walking! :

And it's funny with all of the talk about king size beds, we are actually thinking of going back to a queen. Well a queen for us, and a twin for Eleanor. Right now Jimi is in the king in our room, and E and I are in the queen in her room. Great for her.....but not so great for us, iykwim. So we are going to try the queen on one side of the room and twin a few feet away. That way we can sleep together, and E will be near us until she is ready for her own room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyMamaBear View Post
Eleanor loves Word World. She is always saying she is going to build a word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
Troublemaker! No, I'm not pregnant, but it's funny you mention that, because I miscounted my cycle and thought I was for about a week. I got kind of excited, actually. It was kind of a bummer to find out I wasn't. But we talked about it and decided that when we are settled in PDX and when I have my first month of making a certain amount of money, we'll start trying to get pregnant again. So, it's nice to plan it because it gives me time to get as healthy as I can.

:
I'm sorry for the bummer, Candice. When are you guys hoping to be in Portland? It looks like our move month has changed to February. Which I am mostly okay with. It will be much better for J work-wise to transfer then. Is there anywhere in between us that we could meet up for a playdate?

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
#134 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 03:22 PM

I keep pushing it up, but I'm really hoping for Oct. 1st. : Before the rain and everything. I'd totally meet up in Cottage Grove for a playdate sometime! It's only about 45 minutes from me.
#135 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Hi mamas...thought I'd let all you know that we are doing well. Baby Sophie is wonderful!
Hi Nicole!! So glad to hear from you. So sorry about your living situation, that sounds really hard.

Sophie is so, so beautiful.

Quote:

Candice
, I dreamed that you announced your pregnancy on your blog. Haven't checked this morning to confirm yet; maybe you could just announce it here.
troublemaker mama!

Quote:
I am walking today! :
That is fantastic, Savannah!! :

Quote:
I have seen it once and I just thought it was such a bizarre show

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani76 View Post
And it's funny with all of the talk about king size beds, we are actually thinking of going back to a queen. Well a queen for us, and a twin for Eleanor. Right now Jimi is in the king in our room, and E and I are in the queen in her room. Great for her.....but not so great for us, iykwim. So we are going to try the queen on one side of the room and twin a few feet away. That way we can sleep together, and E will be near us until she is ready for her own room.
We are love, love, loving this arrangement. For a long time we thought we'd get a king size bed but then we went ahead with the queen/twin arrangement and think it is the best.

Candice, sorry for the pregnancy letdown! But planning it feels good, too

Korin, hope those babies come home soon!!
#136 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
I keep pushing it up, but I'm really hoping for Oct. 1st. : Before the rain and everything. I'd totally meet up in Cottage Grove for a playdate sometime! It's only about 45 minutes from me.
Cottage Grove sounds good to me. Although I don't know what there is to do there. Let's plan something while the weather is still nice. And I guess while you are still in the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
We are love, love, loving this arrangement. For a long time we thought we'd get a king size bed but then we went ahead with the queen/twin arrangement and think it is the best.
Thanks Lee, I think it will work much better for us. Plus our queen is a really nice mattress, and the king is some super cheapy mattress. So we are excited, well J is excited to sleep on the good bed again. E isn't nursing at night anymore, but she does wake up and need to cuddle back to sleep. So, I like being near her so she doesn't fully wake up.

#137 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 05:01 PM

#138 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 05:06 PM

Nicole the babe is beautiful So sorry you're stuck looking for housing. : that you find something quickly!

Whoa that boardreader thing is kind of creepy. Might be taking our names out of the siggy

Anyone going to Oaks Park homeschool day Friday?

Urban homesteader wanna be and homeschooling mama to the artist : 1/2003 and the peanut 6/2008 :
#139 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
http://boardreader.com/info/about.htm

There was a thread about it awhile back. I think in Q&A.

#140 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNPORTLAND View Post

Meet us all for coffee tommorow morning?
i don't suppose anyone wants to hit the zoo tomorrow afternoon w/a crazy orange kid and me? im hoping he will actually agree to go, of course.

Hedy, my hubby is like that about every evening. always mad when kieran is craby. so we are often all sad at bedtime.
#141 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 06:01 PM

It was great seeing everyone at coffee this morning. And WOW! did a lot of people show up! Poor guy behind the counter didn't know what hit him!

But, oh, how it messed with nap! Chase fell asleep five minutes from home, woke up when I tried to unbuckle his straps, and shows NO signs of wanting to sleep again, despite several attempts by Mama. I think we might have to get back in the car...:irk

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#142 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Hooray for walking, Savannah! :

Hooray for joining the King size bed club, Sara!
Oooh! Cool smilie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
Wow Tina, looks like you've been slacking this last week. I posted twice as much as you!!! Prolly 'cause the boards were down over the weekend.

#143 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 06:10 PM

isnt that a lil creepy?

#144 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

:::

OOOH! More new smilies!!!

#145 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

So we've got the first appt with the development center tomorrow morning. I've been filling out these forms that ask me to rate the frequency of certain behaviors and I'm starting to really wonder what the hell I'm getting Nico into. He doesn't have problems with any of the things on their list; things are rated as 0, 1, or 2 and I didn't put a single 2 down (and I was answering as honestly as possible.) I had my mil fill out a form too because she cares for him 17 hours a week, and she didn't put any 2's down either.

Tomorrow is a meeting with Ryan, myself, and a staff member. Next thursday we're supposed to bring Nico in. I'm getting serious cold feet about it all. I've been asking myself over and over and over "what do you hope to get from this" and the only real answer that I have is peace of mind. But will they be able to deliver that? Or are we opening up a whole new can of worms? I wish I knew.

#146 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 06:25 PM

I am so glad to have finally met more of you mdc mamas
I am just :, really!!! Salila had a blast too, which was really good, she was a bit bummed by big bro going to school this morning.
Hedy, Salila can't stop talking about Lily & something about having a "dinner party"...wonder if they will make one of those gravel cakes ?
#147 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
So we've got the first appt with the development center tomorrow morning. I've been filling out these forms that ask me to rate the frequency of certain behaviors and I'm starting to really wonder what the hell I'm getting Nico into. He doesn't have problems with any of the things on their list; things are rated as 0, 1, or 2 and I didn't put a single 2 down (and I was answering as honestly as possible.) I had my mil fill out a form too because she cares for him 17 hours a week, and she didn't put any 2's down either.

Tomorrow is a meeting with Ryan, myself, and a staff member. Next thursday we're supposed to bring Nico in. I'm getting serious cold feet about it all. I've been asking myself over and over and over "what do you hope to get from this" and the only real answer that I have is peace of mind. But will they be able to deliver that? Or are we opening up a whole new can of worms? I wish I knew.

i have done that form before...ugh. (although i am not sure this is the same thing you are dealing with, but...) i still ask myself those questions, but also out loud, and to everyone involved with Dakota (he is 9) so far he has had some awesome people around him, i want to keep it that way (although i realize i can't protect him for the rest of his life). i know i have been blessed with something special in him, i try to remember that when things are crazy, which they often are!
#148 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 07:04 PM

yes that was fun : it tuckered out ebin and he is still napping (don't kick me karen!) i'm working on a greenhouse gas inventory (YAWN) but really i wish i were napping as well. he has been a wakey wakey boy lately he slept through the night about four times (over the course of a couple weeks). i thought we had turned a new corner but it was all a TEASE!!!!

sarah-- it seems like it couldn't hurt to go forward with it if it will give you peace of mind. i think they will tell you that you have an extremely bright but normal boy on your hands and put your fears at ease. i've heard you talk about how advanced nico is on reading and stuff but he struck me as a totally normal little guy. this is my, you know, expert opinion after being around him for all of an hour but if there are things that worry you it couldn't help to talk to people who are experts in that arena.

king bed??? we know nothing of this phenomenon. that's probably why doug spends half the night on the couch

savannah - yay for walking!
#149 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherRea View Post
How long will everyone be at coffee?
I was there with Pauline and her friend until 2:20 or so.

Sorry to run off like that... the kids were nutso, and I figured you'd probably want time with your friend at that point anyway.

Quote:
Yes. Ruby is really getting into it. It's mighty cute.

Quote:
Sorry Hedy, that sounds like a horrible time. Joey always talks about how his dad would flip out on vacations if everything wasn't perfect. He had this idea in his head about how he wanted everything to be and could not improvise.

: I hope you find housing soon, and I said it on your blog, but Sophie is so pretty that I had to cry a little! :

:
Yeah, it sucked. He's still sad about it today. Not sure how to cheer him up.

It took me a minute but then I remembered the calender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottiew View Post
i don't suppose anyone wants to hit the zoo tomorrow afternoon w/a crazy orange kid and me? im hoping he will actually agree to go, of course.

Hedy, my hubby is like that about every evening. always mad when kieran is craby. so we are often all sad at bedtime.
We could be up for that. What time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post
It was great seeing everyone at coffee this morning. And WOW! did a lot of people show up! Poor guy behind the counter didn't know what hit him!

But, oh, how it messed with nap! Chase fell asleep five minutes from home, woke up when I tried to unbuckle his straps, and shows NO signs of wanting to sleep again, despite several attempts by Mama. I think we might have to get back in the car...:irk
It was! Sorry to hear about the nap. I know what screwed up nap time can do to mine, and well... it 'aint purty.

Quote:

that it goes well, and you do end up getting what you want out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aolinsmama View Post
I am so glad to have finally met more of you mdc mamas
I am just :, really!!! Salila had a blast too, which was really good, she was a bit bummed by big bro going to school this morning.
Hedy, Salila can't stop talking about Lily & something about having a "dinner party"...wonder if they will make one of those gravel cakes ?
That's funny! We should get together soon. We are pretty much free for the rest of the week, as far as I can tell, hopefully, not forgetting anything.
#150 of 1788 Old 09-03-2008, 07:47 PM

It was great to see you all! Thanks especially to those who were able to hang out til my friend Hank could get there. I think it was really nice for her to get out and do something with some other mamas.

SanQ - I really enjoyed talking to you about your experiences with homeschooling and other educational stuff. I would love to hang out again soon and pick your brain.

Jstar - It was so great to finally meet you after all this time. I hope to see you at more playdates and stuff.

It was great to see everybody else to. Reminded me of why it's worth the effort to leave the house and venture out to new places.

Sophia took a little nap on the bus too. Hope it doesn't ruin bedtime completely.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page