September is here, PDX Mamas! - Page 60 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1771 of 1788 Old 10-01-2008, 12:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
Laura, how did I miss you had your baby?!?!?! CONGRATS!! Any pictures?
I need to upgrade my flickr account, and then there will be pictures! I only posted the news on the babywatch thread. Thanks for the congrats!

The cord stump fell off today!!! I hate that thing, it just seems so uncomfortable and the possibility of infection freaks me out. She has her mama's (half-in-half-out) belly button for sure. On the other hand, she has all this goo in one eye and I'm worried. Been filling it with breastmilk... hope that takes care of it. Also she spit up a LOT today. Like half a cup of cottage cheesy stuff at a time, three times. She also filled a lot of diapers... maybe she just over ate. Easy to do on a milk-maker like me. I'm so much more relaxed with this baby than I was with Maddy. If Cliff's holding her and I'm in the shower and I hear some cries, I'm not jumping out immediately. It's amazing how much being clean and dressed helps me be a better, more confident and efficient mom! There are so many areas of my life that I feel I've neglected or just sadly don't have the motivation or time for, but being a mama is a refreshing area of confidence for me. Sure, I struggle, but I never feel like a complete failure (yet, haha)! I'm gonna ride out this post-partum bliss for all it's worth. Things are already starting to smoothe out with Maddy's rocky transition to having a baby sister. She's pretty energetic and has a hard time containing it (as is to be expected) around the baby. Trying to keep her as involved as possible while holding the boundaries. Cliff's been great about giving her extra daddy-attention too (and letting me rest). Though he's still working and he's in heavy demand during the day so it's not always easy.

There's the big update! I'm going to bed, now!

I'm a proud mama of two girls! 4/30/06 Madeline, 09/25/08 Amelia
--**I'm here to share my mistakes and learn from yours**--
#1772 of 1788 Old 10-01-2008, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post

That was so great! You are so good at what you do! I honestly learn something new every time I hear you talk or read one of your blog entries, or even one of your posts here on MDC!
I am taking your words right to heart. Thanks :

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellarstella View Post
I need to upgrade my flickr account, and then there will be pictures! I only posted the news on the babywatch thread. Thanks for the congrats!

The cord stump fell off today!!! I hate that thing, it just seems so uncomfortable and the possibility of infection freaks me out. She has her mama's (half-in-half-out) belly button for sure. On the other hand, she has all this goo in one eye and I'm worried. Been filling it with breastmilk... hope that takes care of it. Also she spit up a LOT today. Like half a cup of cottage cheesy stuff at a time, three times. She also filled a lot of diapers... maybe she just over ate. Easy to do on a milk-maker like me. I'm so much more relaxed with this baby than I was with Maddy. If Cliff's holding her and I'm in the shower and I hear some cries, I'm not jumping out immediately. It's amazing how much being clean and dressed helps me be a better, more confident and efficient mom! There are so many areas of my life that I feel I've neglected or just sadly don't have the motivation or time for, but being a mama is a refreshing area of confidence for me. Sure, I struggle, but I never feel like a complete failure (yet, haha)! I'm gonna ride out this post-partum bliss for all it's worth. Things are already starting to smoothe out with Maddy's rocky transition to having a baby sister. She's pretty energetic and has a hard time containing it (as is to be expected) around the baby. Trying to keep her as involved as possible while holding the boundaries. Cliff's been great about giving her extra daddy-attention too (and letting me rest). Though he's still working and he's in heavy demand during the day so it's not always easy.

There's the big update! I'm going to bed, now!
You are rocking it mama! I can't wait to meet the new little sweetie
#1773 of 1788 Old 10-01-2008, 01:03 AM

I'm glad you are enjoying your babymoon, Laura! And I agree. #2 was SO much easier for me too.
#1774 of 1788 Old 10-01-2008, 01:26 AM - Thread Starter

Hm...something, many things, seem different around here... curiouser and curiouser

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#1775 of 1788 Old 10-01-2008, 01:38 AM

you mean with the site, or in general?

I am cursing the damn afternoon naps. Today's only lasted 20 minutes, but it was long enough for her to REFUSE to sleep now. Needless to say, I'm mighty irritated right now. :
#1776 of 1788 Old 10-01-2008, 01:59 AM

Anyone going to see Kimya Dawson on the 18th at VFS? Adults are $15, Kids 5-17 are $5, and Littles under 5 are free. Just thought I'd give a heads up.

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
#1777 of 1788 Old 10-01-2008, 02:10 AM

I might try and go to that. The 18th is my birthday. That could be a fun outing for Lily and I.
#1778 of 1788 Old 10-01-2008, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani76 View Post
Anyone going to see Kimya Dawson on the 18th at VFS? Adults are $15, Kids 5-17 are $5, and Littles under 5 are free. Just thought I'd give a heads up.
i WISH - my daughter is going to be mighty disappointed when she finds out it is the same weekend as our trip to seattle for the LLL of WA conference... of all weekends - that is the ONE we will be away!

anyone else going to the conference? pam leo and mary sheedy kurchinka are both speaking, amongst many others... (myself included )
#1779 of 1788 Old 10-01-2008, 02:14 AM

go lyla!!! woo hoo!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#1780 of 1788 Old 10-01-2008, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
go lyla!!! woo hoo!
aw, thanks! ironically, i am not doing a lactation session, even though its a LLL conference. i am co-presenting (with emily) a session on connected parenting of teens. i'm really excited, actually, and i am taking the train up with my own teen - just me and her on a mini-adventure/vacation.
#1781 of 1788 Old 10-01-2008, 02:39 AM

wow Lyla that souunds great!
Laura, i hear you on not being so anxious to stop everything and go rescue baby and daddy at the first wimper. i wish i had been this layed back when Addy was a baby.
oh i wanna go see Kimya!!! i wonder if i can stash $30. where/how to buy tix???

Niamh started trying to sing the ABCs this weekend. its so sweet, she will ask for it, she signs more, and says "eee sees ee sees" then when i start singing and signing it she moves her hands and starts trying to sing along, most of it sounds like "ee see oh peee" too damn cute!!!!!
and Addy, holy carp, that kid can read go dog go! my dad reads that one with her, and he told me she can, and sure enough!!! my kids amaze me. i am feeling really blessed this week.

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#1782 of 1788 Old 10-01-2008, 03:22 AM

You just click on the link and it will have somewhere to click for adult will call tickets.

Lyla, how exciting! I'm sure you and Emily will do wonderfully. And what a fun little adventure for you and your daughter.

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
#1783 of 1788 Old 10-01-2008, 03:22 AM

i came across this article today and just loved it. wish i had read this stuff when my kids were MUCH younger...

its long, but has some really lovely stuff, especially toward the end...

http://www.livingjoyfully.ca/anneo/H...tive_Shine.htm

and this one on "gifted" children - as much as i hate that term - and unschooling was really great too..

http://www.unschooling.com/library/e...tedchild.shtml
#1784 of 1788 Old 10-01-2008, 03:23 AM

Quote:
You just click on the link and it will have somewhere to click for adult will call tickets.

Lyla, how exciting! I'm sure you and Emily will do wonderfully. And what a fun little adventure for you and your daughter.
thank you! i am really looking forward to it!
#1785 of 1788 Old 10-01-2008, 04:01 AM

thank you for these. they really resonate deeply with me for Addy.
and i will admit most times i feel like i need all the help i can get

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylawolf View Post
i came across this article today and just loved it. wish i had read this stuff when my kids were MUCH younger...

its long, but has some really lovely stuff, especially toward the end...

http://www.livingjoyfully.ca/anneo/H...tive_Shine.htm

and this one on "gifted" children - as much as i hate that term - and unschooling was really great too..

http://www.unschooling.com/library/e...tedchild.shtml

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#1786 of 1788 Old 10-01-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Carson's Bday party is that day, same time too

Leslie-mom to Carson and Madison :, Sage Tree :, and Buckbeak, Tonks, and Luna
#1787 of 1788 Old 10-01-2008, 10:32 AM

I started the oct thread
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...0#post12291550

Leslie-mom to Carson and Madison :, Sage Tree :, and Buckbeak, Tonks, and Luna
#1788 of 1788 Old 10-01-2008, 04:04 PM

Just popping in to say

Got back from Hockinson a little while ago, picked up some honey... actually a LOT of honey.

Now off to pick my other little honey bee up from school. See yas!

Oh, and Happeh Ahktobah! My favourite month of the year!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page