September in Vancouver and SW WA - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-16-2008, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherRea View Post
do you receive the flex flash fan newsletters?
nope I'm probably missing it but I searched the other day for a way to sign up and did not see one on the website anywhere.

Allison wife and mom to four. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonK View Post
nope I'm probably missing it but I searched the other day for a way to sign up and did not see one on the website anywhere.
http://www.ccwa-flex.org/newsletters/index.html
Old 09-16-2008, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I saw that but how do you sign up to recieve it. I will never remember to read it if I have to go to the website and read it.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone have any snap pea seeds they don't want (pole type not bush)? I want to grow some this fall and did not get any this year. We decided to try a new type of pea and well its just not the same. I don't think any of the stores will have any seeds left. I have some seeds left not sure what though if you want/need something.

Jessie the pics on your blog are so cute! Kids looked very excited to go. And hugs to Ali, I remember when Maddy went to HCA for kindy academy classes and Michael kept walking around looking for her. He would call for her all over the house.

I have so much to do. Anyone want to come and do my laundry? I also need to reorganize rooms. Sunday we moved a twin into the master bedroom so now there is a twin, crib, king, and bassinet in there. All kids are now sleeping in there playing musical beds depending on the night so we thought we might as well make it more comfortable for us. So now Michael's room will become the play room and Maddy's will pretty much be left the same. I would think she would be the one to decide to move back first.

Next time it is cooler sewing day anyone?

Old 09-16-2008, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

how come I can nak just fine but umm doing what I actually need to do is impossible while nursing? I want to be able to nacb (nurse at cutting board) or nwmsb (nurse while making soup and biscuits)

Old 09-17-2008, 01:25 PM

Jessie how are the kids doing? Saw the blog and sounds like things went ok? Store looks great, think I want to buy up half your stock That little robot cover is sooooo cute. I really like the dragon one too

I've been feeling yucky. Dr. Appointment today, but starting to feel better of course

How 'bout Kevanna tomorrow 12:30/1 ish? I'll be there, assuming I'm feeling ok.

messy messy messy house we're going camping this weekend :

Urban homesteader wanna be and homeschooling mama to the artist : 1/2003 and the peanut 6/2008 :
Old 09-17-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meenajo View Post

How 'bout Kevanna tomorrow 12:30/1 ish? I'll be there, assuming I'm feeling ok.

messy messy messy house we're going camping this weekend :
sounds good to me!
Old 09-17-2008, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyMay View Post
sounds good to me!
me too see you guys then!!

anyone know how much vit c you can give kids?

Old 09-17-2008, 11:49 PM

Dr. apt today. Little R is a whopping 15.9 lbs and just shy of 24 inches long. OMG, growing like a weed! No wonder my back is aching

Urban homesteader wanna be and homeschooling mama to the artist : 1/2003 and the peanut 6/2008 :
Old 09-18-2008, 02:29 AM - Thread Starter

Amoreena how are you feeling?

Heather how are you? You have been quiet lately.

Amy sorry we missed Lewisville. I was going to go but decided against it. Marah has no fear and LOVES the water so chasing her around a river with the baby did not sound like the funnest thing to do.

Also tell me more about elementary science olympiad!!!! I want lots of info because Maddy would love this but she is too young. Michael might even too, what ages are you thinking? I want details!!!!!! I could possibly even be pursuaded to help out if you need it. Are you doing all the planning for it? Am I getting way ahead of myself considering you just posted about it on your blog?

Oh also are you going to Nichol's anytime soon? I want to make her dinner but have not had a chance. If you are going tomorrow or something I could pick up something pre made at TJ or something though. I also told her I would send a bunch of baby socks with you before the birth but then I never saw you. Please call me or post here to let me know when so I can get to the store or cook something up. They have any allergies?

Jessie thanks for the info today on the phone. I still have not even started on her bag. She may not have it by tomorrow.

Leslie we miss you! Come back and chat with us!!! Tell C that Michael really wants to see him. You know anything about the Pirate festival that is in PDX this weekend?

Courtney How are you? How is Avery and Miss Lucy? Where in AK are you from again? I love AK. Still have family in Sitka and I think my dad lives in Juneau still but not sure.

Luli Did your son start HCA yet?

Shayla I know you are prob not lurking on here but just in case we miss you too!!!! I must get in to see you soon!

Old 09-18-2008, 03:21 AM

I'm sorry I've been absent! Thanks for the comliments on the store!

The kids has a blast at their school yesterday. It was awesome and they are really looking forward to getting to go again on Friday.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:05 AM

Has anyone here had a high risk preganacy? With preeclampsia? I could use some help for my sister.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:55 AM

I wasn't officially diagnosed with preeclampsia but with AmberLeigh I had horrible high blood pressure and took meds for it and my ankles were swollen the size of Texas. I was on a low salt diet and did a lot of bed rest. What do you need to know?

Lisa
Old 09-18-2008, 12:27 PM

Allison-thanks for asking, Andrew started HCA on Tuesday. He's a Tuesday/Friday kid. He loves it. I can't believe how grown up he's becoming. He's in Grade 7 now so one more year and then he wants to give high school a try.

Amoreena what a chunky baby you are growing! That's great I think little, chubby babies are adorable.....(I've got one myself!)

Nothing much new around here. It looks like I might finally be getting my minivan. I'm excited we've been shoving 3 kids (2 of them in car seats) in the back seat of our Neon. My 12 year old is all legs and hasn't hit his growth yet. There just isn't enough room. Hopefully it will all go through soon.

--Luli
Old 09-18-2008, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Has anyone here had a high risk preganacy? With preeclampsia? I could use some help for my sister.
Me me me. Will tell you all about it at the park today, or let me know what you want to hear. Good luck for your sis. She's due in Nov, right?

Luli, congrats on the van! Wish we didn't have ours its a hand-me-down form my parents and I often feel guilty about driving something so big. Wow, high school... My little bro just got the go ahead to graduate early. He's meeting the state standards instead of the school standards so he doesn't need as many credits Wish I could have left HS a year early!

Old 09-18-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Amy sorry we missed Lewisville. I was going to go but decided against it. Marah has no fear and LOVES the water so chasing her around a river with the baby did not sound like the funnest thing to do.

Also tell me more about elementary science olympiad!!!! I want lots of info because Maddy would love this but she is too young. Michael might even too, what ages are you thinking? I want details!!!!!! I could possibly even be pursuaded to help out if you need it. Are you doing all the planning for it? Am I getting way ahead of myself considering you just posted about it on your blog?

Oh also are you going to Nichol's anytime soon? I want to make her dinner but have not had a chance. If you are going tomorrow or something I could pick up something pre made at TJ or something though. I also told her I would send a bunch of baby socks with you before the birth but then I never saw you. Please call me or post here to let me know when so I can get to the store or cook something up. They have any allergies?
Oh that's okay! We didn't make it down there until 2pm, and we only stayed for about an hour, I guess many of the momma's had been there since 11. LOL It was fun, though.

So, the Elementary program through Science Olympiad, from my understanding, is a complementary program for younger students who have siblings in the official program. I will definitely ask though, if students can just come to the elementary program. It's completely run by the parents in the program, so I'm planning on being quite involved in it. It's my understanding, that if you have a child involved in any of the programs, especially the elementary program (which doesn't exist without parental involvement - materials are provided, you just need to manage the kids and the lessons provided) you are expected to be involved at every meeting, every other Monday from 1-3:30, in some capacity. I know I saw at least two other families raise their hands to say they were interested in the elementary program, so I don't think I'll be single-handedly organizing the program, but I'll do whatever is necessary to get it going and keep it going.

There is also a supervised playroom for younger siblings.

The "middle school" program starts at 4th grade, though. Zach is just old enough.

I probably won't get over to Nicole's until early next week, as we've been on the go this entire week and have a big weekend planned as well.

I am thinking maybe Monday, but I'll have to give her a call and verify her plans as well.

I saw Heather and John and Lily at Mad Science yesterday! It was really fun to see Sophia be involved in something with the boys, too. It ended up to be a bit like herding cats, but we all survived....LOL

So is it going to rain today??? It looks weird outside.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:39 PM

Funny, I asked John if you guys were there and he didn't have a clue

Excel sounds kind of cool. I'm drawn to it more so than the ALE's through the school dist 'cuz I really like the completely parent-runness. Have thought about it off & on for Lilly but don't like how it overlaps w/ ACE...

I meant to make something for Nicole but I was feeling yucky (better now, btw) I think I will steal Allison's idea and pick up something ready to go from TJ's

My dad has a job interview in Cour de' Laine (spelling way off I'm sure) today. Would be weird from them to move away...

Old 09-18-2008, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Have her look into the Brewer diet.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

I am not sure if Michael is sick or if its allergies of some kind. A few days ago Maddy had a itchy throat so maybe she passed it on. But he was sneezing for most of the day yesterday and now is stuffy. Since he won't blow his nose I see a cough coming. Hopefully its just something in the air and we will see you at the park. If not then home I will be.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:04 PM

Back from Boise. Trip went really well - except Hunter has some sort of stomach bug. Started barfing about Hood River on our way back and hasn't stopped. Not sure what to do. He can't keep anything down, but is otherwise ok - no fever, not lethargic, etc. Just. keeps. puking......On. me.

We're on breastmilk and water right now. Little tiny bits at a time. And they jsut come back up.

Me:
Old 09-18-2008, 02:56 PM

Do you guys think we can move the playdate down to later, like around 1:30-2? It looks like it's rainy out....
Old 09-18-2008, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyMay View Post
Do you guys think we can move the playdate down to later, like around 1:30-2? It looks like it's rainy out....
I am betting it will clear up. It is usually cloudy down here and clears up by noonish. Well lately anyway. If we can make it I have to leave by 2:50ish to get Madeline from HCA but I can always come back if we moved it to a later time. Madeline is bummed she was going to miss out anyway. But all that said I still don't know if he is sick or not. I just can't tell. He is all stuffy and sneezy but that is it. He says he feels fine other than his nose so I don't know. What do you guys think? Expose you not expose you?

Old 09-18-2008, 04:05 PM

Luli ~ is Andrew taking any resource classes?
Old 09-18-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notwonamesalike View Post
Back from Boise. Trip went really well - except Hunter has some sort of stomach bug. Started barfing about Hood River on our way back and hasn't stopped. Not sure what to do. He can't keep anything down, but is otherwise ok - no fever, not lethargic, etc. Just. keeps. puking......On. me.

We're on breastmilk and water right now. Little tiny bits at a time. And they jsut come back up.
I'm sorry he's sick! I hope it clears up soon. Not fun to be vomitted on!

Quote:
I am betting it will clear up. It is usually cloudy down here and clears up by noonish. Well lately anyway. If we can make it I have to leave by 2:50ish to get Madeline from HCA but I can always come back if we moved it to a later time. Madeline is bummed she was going to miss out anyway. But all that said I still don't know if he is sick or not. I just can't tell. He is all stuffy and sneezy but that is it. He says he feels fine other than his nose so I don't know. What do you guys think? Expose you not expose you?
I'm never afraid of germs!

A later time would work for me. I want to get the kids out of here, but I need to finish putting the laundry away, load the dishwasher and pick up toys in the bedroom again so a later time would be great. We'll probably be there 'round two ish. Did anyone tell Amy how to get to Kevanna?
Old 09-18-2008, 04:12 PM

Later would be better for us, we have some serious housecleaning to do today. 3 would be great, but if we miss you guys today I'm sure we'll make it another day.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:47 PM

I won't make it to the park today.

about my sister...

so she has pkd (kidney disease) high blood pressure before becoming pregnant. And they are stressing her out more because they want her to come in for a non stress test 2 times a week and more other tests. She is also spilling proteins. And they are already talking about inducing. She is very stressed out. She also has a 2 year old. Just looking for any ideas or help. Her due date is beginning of Nov.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:49 PM

Jessie-Andrew is taking American History and Science on Tuesdays and on Fridays Journalism and Middle School Math.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

Well I don't know when I will get there. I was going to go straight there after dropping off Maddy but if no one will be there then... Amoreena when are you going to be there? I guess maybe around 1:30 or 2 cause Michael really wants to see Nate and Gunner. I will have to leave shortly after that but will try and come back I am sure Maddy would love to play with Sophia.

Amy Kevanna is down the road the forest service and state patrol are on. If you are going south on 112th turn right at the stoplight to the forest service and state patrol. There is an old mini golf/pizza place on one of the corners. Its after 500 and the YMCA but before the gas station and the apts Jessie lives in. If you hit the road to my house you have way way way passed it. You can call my cell if you need to 619 2226

Old 09-18-2008, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Okay I called Amoreena. I am going to shoot for 1:30ish and she said around the same maybe 2. Hope to see you guys there! Heather we will miss you today.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:46 PM

Oh my gosh. I promise I did not blow off the park date on purpose! I fell asleep! I laid down to nurse Ali after lunch, at around 1:30 and we both fell asleep. Thank goodness Nate, Ana and Gunner were so good! M got home at 3. I didn't wake up until FIVE. I kind of sort of woke up a little bit, enough to hear Ana yelling "Daddy's home! Hi Daddy! I missed you! Mom is sleeeeeeeeping with Ali."

I guess all of those sleep deprived nights caught up on me and hit hard. I'm kind of mad that he didn't wake me up when he got home. I would have been late for the park, but still. I needed to go to the post office to mail an international package and now I have no idea when I'm going to get to do it during business hours. I won't be able to tomorrow, maybe I can walk up there on Saturday if they're open. I can drop all of the domestic packages off tonight, shipping is already paid on them.

I hope you all had fun at the park! I'm sorry I missed you!

User Tag List