September in the Suburbs ~westsiiiiiiiide chattin - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-02-2008, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay fall!
:::::

I'm going to try to chat a bit more this month...although I'm going to be shuttling Naia to and from school M-Th. I'm hoping the adjustment to starting kindergarten will be smooth for all of us.

Soon it will be pumpkin patch time again!

Angie, you around? Are you going to see Built to Spill on Saturday?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2008, 02:40 PM

Happy September, westside mamas!

My baby turns two this month!

So is anyone else just loving this weather? I don't miss the heat at all, the last couple of days have been fabulous, cold in the mornings, warm enough to open the windows and let the fresh air in all afternoon. I actually had to put a sweatshirt on for a while yesterday morning.

MJ~ Proud mom to DS (4)
Old 09-02-2008, 03:20 PM

I am missing the warm weather already.

Hope everyone who's starting school today made it off safely. I just saw my 1st grader off to school (she insisted on taking the bus so I just drove to school to drop off her school supplies and say goodbye, and then I lingered for the coffee and meeting with the principal while my 4 year old hung on me and kept asking when are we leaving, funfun....). I don't know what the rest of us are going to do all day, especially since Mateo doesn't start school until next week, so if anyone is interested in a playdate...

Rachel (LiLStar), for some reason I couldn't respond but the library and the city park are at the same place and there's a Max station somewhere in Beaverton but I don't know if it's close enough to walk, I guess it would also depend on how far you are willing to walk. Do you know of any parks that are close to the Max? I just don't know because we are so far from the Max we just drive everywhere. The weather's supposed to be nice all week, how about we plan for Thursday. Anyone else interested?
Old 09-02-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonbound View Post
I am missing the warm weather already.
Well, I heard on the news that it's supposed to get warmer later this week- low 80's by the weekend.

MJ~ Proud mom to DS (4)
Old 09-02-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronsMama View Post
Well, I heard on the news that it's supposed to get warmer later this week- low 80's by the weekend.
I saw that too, but we've been outside riding bikes in the evening and it's been getting darker and colder so fast these days...
Old 09-02-2008, 05:01 PM

I do love the fall and look forward to jacket weather!! Take advantage of these nicer days while you can!
Old 09-02-2008, 05:31 PM

Hey guys!

I seriously LOVE this weather. It makes me so happy.

Tomorrow's my birthday! We're going to the zoo with my mom to see the new baby elephant. Then, I'm going to the movies and to dinner with my husband We haven't been out together since New Year's Eve!

We're going to Oaks Bottom Wildlife Refuge on Friday at 11 for our hike if anyone is interested in meeting up. I'll make a post more about it on my blog sometime today.

Nicole | Mom to Ciara & Oliver | Finally living aboard & loving it!
Old 09-02-2008, 10:01 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonbound View Post
Rachel (LiLStar), for some reason I couldn't respond but the library and the city park are at the same place and there's a Max station somewhere in Beaverton but I don't know if it's close enough to walk, I guess it would also depend on how far you are willing to walk. Do you know of any parks that are close to the Max? I just don't know because we are so far from the Max we just drive everywhere. The weather's supposed to be nice all week, how about we plan for Thursday. Anyone else interested?
I'm stuck with the max since I can't drive I just did a search though and it looks like its pretty easy to get to the beaverton city library on the 52. So I could do that. Although Thursday isn't so good. I just made an appt for a consultation with a midwife for thurs. I just found out I'm pregnant today! : So I need to get down with this midwife selecting business.

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
Old 09-02-2008, 10:22 PM

Congrats Rachel!

And happy birthday Nicole!

We went to see the baby elephant today and he was so cute. The line moves fast. And we sat on a bench inside and watched the mom and baby for awhile. What a long day at the zoo...I'm exhausted!
Old 09-02-2008, 11:38 PM

Congratulations, Rachel! How exciting :

Old 09-03-2008, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlegal View Post
Tomorrow's my birthday! We're going to the zoo with my mom to see the new baby elephant. Then, I'm going to the movies and to dinner with my husband We haven't been out together since New Year's Eve!
Happy Birthday, Nicole!! (for tomorrow) :

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateMary View Post
Congrats Rachel!

We went to see the baby elephant today and he was so cute. The line moves fast. And we sat on a bench inside and watched the mom and baby for awhile. What a long day at the zoo...I'm exhausted!
I went to the zoo today, too bad I didn't see you! We got there at 2:45 and saw how long the line was for the baby elephant and skipped it because it said they were closing the elephant viewing at 3. Oh well, next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLStar View Post
I'm stuck with the max since I can't drive I just did a search though and it looks like its pretty easy to get to the beaverton city library on the 52. So I could do that. Although Thursday isn't so good. I just made an appt for a consultation with a midwife for thurs. I just found out I'm pregnant today! : So I need to get down with this midwife selecting business.
Rachel, congratulations!!
Old 09-03-2008, 03:23 AM

Shoot.. does baby elephant viewing close at 3 every day? I wanted to take Allie after nap tomorrow, which would get us there probably around 3-3:30.

Thanks everyone!!! Anyone have a midwife they love? I've heard great things about Pam, but I'm not sure I'm up to driving to Salem every 4 (2, 1) weeks. I need to start interviewing!

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
Old 09-03-2008, 01:06 PM

Happy Birthday Nicole!

Congratulaions Rachel! We loved our midwife, Ellie Legare. You can do a search on here for PDX midwives and you'll get a lot of good references.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Shoot.. does baby elephant viewing close at 3 every day? I wanted to take Allie after nap tomorrow, which would get us there probably around 3-3:30.

Thanks everyone!!! Anyone have a midwife they love? I've heard great things about Pam, but I'm not sure I'm up to driving to Salem every 4 (2, 1) weeks. I need to start interviewing!
Wow that's exciting. Congratulations! We could do the park another day. Or going to see the baby elephant sounds like fun too. I don't have anything friday.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Congratulations!!!:

MJ~ Proud mom to DS (4)
Old 09-03-2008, 03:05 PM

congrats on expecting -lil star

happy belated birthday-unlegal

im still here still pregnant... hopefully today we will find out what day they are gonna induce... its either the 10th or 15th.

how was everyone's labor day?
we went to woodburn outlet monday.... crazy how osh kosh and carters were a mad house. was only there for an hour- got some of the kids winter clothes. gonna hopefully go back to carters in october to use more coupons and get more stuff for the kids.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateMary View Post
Congrats Rachel!

A line? Hm, must rethink. Kid doesn't do lines well. Planning on tomorrow at 2ish and later... and actually don't care if baby closes at 3 and I miss it. Who else was going to be ther? Look for a crabby 3yo in orange

And yes, Woodburn is crazy but had ORANGE clothes!
Old 09-03-2008, 06:09 PM

Oh yeah and I just tried to search this forum for midwives, but it seems all but 4 pages of this tribal area has.. vanished.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Oh yeah and I just tried to search this forum for midwives, but it seems all but 4 pages of this tribal area has.. vanished.
It looks like a bunch of stuff got moved when they reorganized and whatnot. Check the Tribal area archives here it has threads from the whole tribal area not just local, so it might take longer to sort through.

ETA just to see what's there, I searched the archives for pdx midwives and got a bunch of results, including this thread, which seems to have a lot of information on a bunch of midwives in the area.

Good luck!

MJ~ Proud mom to DS (4)
Old 09-04-2008, 02:45 AM

Happy Birthday Nicole!
::::::

hope you had an awesome day!

Mama to a 3.5 yo dd
Old 09-04-2008, 02:51 AM

Yaaay okay tomorrow I have interviews scheduled with Ellie Legare and the midwives at andaluz. I'm surprised how easily/quickly they could get me in.

I'm going to the toddler LLL meeting tomorrow morning. am I going to meet anyone from here?

Old 09-04-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:

Pam is wonderful, and her apprentice-turned-midwife Lennon is also now available to take clients. She has very similar philosophies as Pam, but she will be doing ALL prenatal visits in your home for the time being so you wouldn't have to be driving down to Salem!
Old 09-04-2008, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
Pam is wonderful, and her apprentice-turned-midwife Lennon is also now available to take clients. She has very similar philosophies as Pam, but she will be doing ALL prenatal visits in your home for the time being so you wouldn't have to be driving down to Salem!
Oooh!! That'd be awesome! I need to meet with her I love "in my jammies on my couch" prenatals.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:55 PM

If anyone is interested in a free New Seasons grocery delivery, HERE is a code you can enter if you're a first time customer.

They don't deliver to Newberg

Old 09-04-2008, 11:53 PM

Hi all. Missed everyone the last few days.

If there's a thread you want moved out of the archives, I think you can contact annettemarie or courtenay_e and ask for it to be moved.

My nephew's turning TWO this month! : And Brisen will be 1.5! And Gary and I will be 29 and 27! And Gary's best friend Meredith will be getting married, and Gary's gonna be in the wedding! Whew, big month!
Old 09-05-2008, 12:16 AM

gonna be delivering one day shy of 40 weeks. monday the 15th. so i will be mia for a while
Old 09-05-2008, 04:09 AM

OK, this is how fuzzy headed I am. I kept looking at the thread and thinking nobody was posting. I didn't realize a new month had started... scary!

So we are supposed to move the big stuff on Sunday and I am so not ready. Anybody want to come and baby hold tomorrow or Saturday? I'm depressed and desperate today.

Oh, btw, did anybody else hear Google is coming to The Dalles? Ron has a phone interview on Monday! But he will want to move he says... OMG, we just signed a lease! If he gets it, pleeease somebody else have their husband look into it. They are paying reeeally well and favoring OR candidates because of the tax break we gave them.

For now, Ron is helping his friend out at his auto shop. He started on Tuesday and it has been really hard on Orion. He laid in front of the office door crying for like 15 minutes this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyRev View Post

I'm going to try to chat a bit more this month
yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronsMama View Post
My baby turns two this month!
Wow - big boy! I can't believe Orion was 4 yesterday. :

Hey, you never sent me your email. Do you still want to help with the move? :

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlegal View Post

Tomorrow's my birthday!

We're going to Oaks Bottom Wildlife Refuge on Friday at 11 for our hike if anyone is interested in meeting up.
Happy belated birthday!!!!

Man, I am way too stressed with the move, but I am going to get out to one of your hikes soon!

Quote:
So I need to get down with this midwife selecting business.
How did the interviews go?! I second the rec for Lennon! That is great to know she is starting up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianyoushi View Post
gonna be delivering one day shy of 40 weeks. monday the 15th. so i will be mia for a while
Good luck!
Old 09-05-2008, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neomia View Post

How did the interviews go?! I second the rec for Lennon! That is great to know she is starting up!
I'm going with Ellie I had a much better impression of her than at Andaluz. It felt more casual/relaxed. Andaluz felt a little more.. formal? Meeting with Ellie felt a little more like meeting with a friend. And just overall clicked well. And her office definitely has Allie's seal of approval! She was having so much fun playing with the toys, and was SO PISSED when it was time to go. At Andaluz she was grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the door. Its a sign! lol.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianyoushi View Post
Good luck! Hope all goes well!
Old 09-05-2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwyn View Post
Hi all. Missed everyone the last few days.

If there's a thread you want moved out of the archives, I think you can contact annettemarie or courtenay_e and ask for it to be moved.

My nephew's turning TWO this month! : And Brisen will be 1.5! And Gary and I will be 29 and 27! And Gary's best friend Meredith will be getting married, and Gary's gonna be in the wedding! Whew, big month!
Hey, call me!!! Phone tag doesn't work unless we both play

Quote:
Originally Posted by neomia View Post
Hey, you never sent me your email. Do you still want to help with the move? :
I totally forgot. I'll pm you now!

MJ~ Proud mom to DS (4)

User Tag List