This Weekend: Radio Show featuring Portland Midwife Leader - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-11-2008, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey ladies, I hope it's okay to post this here:

My mother (the doula coordinator at the International Center for Traditional Childbearing) is going to be hosting an online radio show called: Honoring Spirit and Tradition: Midwives, Doulas, and Healers

This live call (and chat) will take place Sunday. Sept 14, 2008 at 8:00 am PST. It will also be recorded and available for listening afterward. You can learn more at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/QTW. I will be listening in, so hope to see some of you there!

Description of the show:
Our guest, Shafia Monroe is a certified midwife, childbirth educator, public health activist, speaker, founder of the International Center for Traditional Childbearing (ICTC), Sistah Midwife International (SMI), and coordinator of the annual Black Midwives and Healers Conference. Join Shafia's discussion of the impact of traditional holistic health care on infant mortality, positive birth outcomes, and the empowerment of women, families, and communities.
#2 of 3 Old 09-11-2008, 02:15 PM

Shafia is a wonderful speaker and amazing woman and advocate and educator. I will be away from internet access this weekend but look forward to listening to it next week in their archives. Thank you for letting us know!

~claudia
#3 of 3 Old 09-13-2008, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

No problem - I hope you enjoy the show when you get a chance to listen to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboClaudia View Post
Shafia is a wonderful speaker and amazing woman and advocate and educator. I will be away from internet access this weekend but look forward to listening to it next week in their archives. Thank you for letting us know!

~claudia

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page