Skagit Mamas it's Autumn! - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#211 of 230 Old 12-10-2008, 07:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Carrie I'm so glad you figured out what was flooring you. No fun, no fun! I'm glad you followed your gut feeling (no pun intended) and got the incision infection addressed. Get better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#212 of 230 Old 12-10-2008, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

Carrie, I'm so glad you figured out what was causing you to be ill. I hope you have found a helpful doctor now.

Does anyone have and birth DVD's I can borrow or rent? I know they can be pricey and understand not wanting to pass them around for free. I have Orgasmic Birth and have already seen The Business of Being Born.

belly.gif to  jumpers.giflol.gif wonderful people with  baby.gif on the way!

#213 of 230 Old 12-10-2008, 08:53 PM

I have "Unconventional Births" and "Born In The USA" on loan from LLL Bellevue; I can re-check them out if you want to watch them!
#214 of 230 Old 12-10-2008, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

I would love to watch them! Thank you!

#215 of 230 Old 12-10-2008, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Which company is this Cheryl? I have heard of this but haven't researched it.
I have to admit I don't have all the details I just remember reading the article. And of course now I can't find where.

Geesh Carrie, I didn't realize you were feeling THAT ill! I am surprised the doctor you were seeing just dismissed your symptoms to abruptly. Thank goodness you are feeling better now.

http://www.alternet.org/environment/47421

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#216 of 230 Old 12-11-2008, 03:41 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
brag time again....
our entire photosession , not so many w/mama cause mama was gonna croke and couldn't stand upright for very long but dangit she was going thru with the pictures no matter what! thanks for all the well wishes, food, help, and wonderfulness that you women have been for me.
#217 of 230 Old 12-11-2008, 07:56 PM

:::

He is so alert and "big boyish" already! Adorable, absolutely adorable. Thank you for sharing your photos.

Thanks again Amy for picking up my order for me.

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#218 of 230 Old 12-11-2008, 09:31 PM

Carrie, he is so lovely. I get all squishy inside when I see him. You are so lucky! I love the black and white shot of the three girls... WOW! I would love a photo like that of my sisters and I. NICE!

Cheryl, no prob! Misty I forgot to give you those movies, I'll put them in my backpack for next time I see you.
#219 of 230 Old 12-14-2008, 01:44 PM

Sev woke up this morning, saw the snow, and said, "LOOK MAMA! Frosting!"

Hmmm. Maybe I bake too much.

Anyway, I ordered wildflower honey from Azure and it is so nice! It's raw honey; it is neither crystalized nor clear, but almost creamy in texture. The smell is intoxicating! And it has a nice flavor. It's also very affordable compared to some of the local raw honey I've gotten - $25 for a gallon is a good price!

I usually don't put sugar or sweetener in my bread but today I baked a whole wheat (Azure WW unifine flour!) loaf with a couple tablespoons of the honey added and it is AWESOME! So for anyone thinking of the Azure wildflower honey I give it the thumbs-up!
#220 of 230 Old 12-14-2008, 05:41 PM

Good to know Amy. Rob makes a lot of honey whole wheat bread so I will have to order some next time.

Loving the snow! Ian is really wanting to make a snow man. So how long is the white stuff supposed to stick? I heard the forecast is for cold weather for most of the week...:

#221 of 230 Old 12-15-2008, 12:50 AM

Snow, Snow, Snow! Stevie has wanted it to snow since summer, and OMG she loves it! We made a snowman at 11pm last nite and played for an hour and that's the first thing we did this morning! She loves to lay in it and make snow angels! I hope it sticks around for a while, I heard we are supposed to get more on WED! Here's to hoping!: As for the honey, that is a really great deal and I would love your bread recipe Amy!

Does anyone want to do the Lights of XMAS this weekend like Friday or Saturday? I know the girls will love it! Bindi says OHHHHHHHH everytime she see's a house with them!

Also does anyone know of a really good eye doctor for children, I am fairly certain Stevie might need glasses!:

#222 of 230 Old 12-16-2008, 06:35 AM - Thread Starter

Is this month really flying by or is it just me? Did anyone make it to any of the tree lighting ceremonies or holiday parades this year? I completely forgot about them until reading last years journals last night. I had kept one of those school planners type journals for each of the boys but they went missing in December. I found them last night and read what we did the year before, I kept track of lots of boring little details but it was so neat to read about what we did each day just the regular stuff. I'm going to get a day timer for keeping track of the little stuff on paper for the new year. Yep I'm gonna make that my first resolution.

#223 of 230 Old 12-16-2008, 02:02 PM

We write everything on our calendar and keep them year to year. It's so cool to look back and see what we did and when milestones happened and where we were! Because our calendar hangs in the kitchen Jeff and I both write in it and make notes. Great idea on the day timer!

We've been going outside every morning to play but DANG it's COLD and my feet haven't been warm in a week! I don't know how people live in cold climates year round. I'm feeling housebound and antsy, but I do love the bright sun streaming through my windows!
#224 of 230 Old 12-16-2008, 02:39 PM

I agree,
the snow is beautiful, but I do not like to be cold! Our pellet stove has been on high for 3 days! We are burning through the pellets, but I refuse to be cold in my house!

Today I am off to interview teachers for the preschool, I am nervous, I have never been on the interviewing side before and I am not sure what to ask!

I hope you all have a fun week!
#225 of 230 Old 12-17-2008, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, I can't believe how much snow we have! It's been coming down since around 6pm last night but it was really light then, it's been heavy snow fall since about 4am. It's strange living up where we do, it could be white up here and no where else, we never know but I don't think we can get out of the driveway at this point. I needed to pick up my holiday cards today, oh bummer.

I too love the snow but hate the cold, especially while pregnant. It hurts to be cold and none of my snow clothes fit! It never seems worth it to buy snow gear to fit my larger size but this is the second winter I have been pregnant that it would have really come in handy. It seems I would have put it to use after all. Yoga pants just aren't cutting it.

#226 of 230 Old 12-18-2008, 01:27 AM

Home bound and loving it. Well for the most part...if only my 4 year old would take a nap! We were out playing in the snow and sledding. Ian has learned how to throw snowballs from his daddy but didn't like it much when he got some snow in his jacket from enemy fire

I am supposed to go to work tomorrow but may call in and reschedule my appts. I think everyone would understand. :

I wish I had some warm clothes for you Misty but having 2 summer babies all I had to worry about during the winter was keeping my food down.

Hope the interviewing went well Rachel. I remember feeling similar when we were hiring our first receptionist/assistant. I am sure everything went great.

#227 of 230 Old 12-18-2008, 07:18 AM

I'm loving the snow - even though it's completely delayed my trip to Yakima until the weekend after Christmas. We went sledding with Sev and my stepdaughter at the golf course and had so much fun! We're a snow sport family so it was great to get out there and do something fun (even if we couldn't go up to Baker).

Now I can't sleep and I'm thinking about shoveling the driveway tomorrow. YUK!

Good luck on the interviews. I really can't wait to hear about the whole thing. So exciting! I hope it is a resounding success for you!

Misty, I don't have any of my warm clothes left from when I was pregnant - and I doubt they would have fit you anyway because you are so petite. I hope you find something warm and comfortable, this is no weather for yoga pants!
#228 of 230 Old 12-18-2008, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

I found my ski pants. They did fit with the zipper down! I thought I had given away my down jacket since I can't hold on to a child while wearing it, they just slide right off me, but it was tucked into the back of the closet. I didn't find my boots thought and wore y rubber boots outside and let me say, that's cold! Dallas won't walk in the snow he just sat down and started digging. Robin loves it, mostly crawling making trails. We aren't very organized here and can't find the sleds. They are probably propped against an outbuilding covered in snow. We don't have any safe place to sled here anyway but it's fun to pull the kids around the yard. We had 17 inches last I measured at 10 am.

#229 of 230 Old 12-21-2008, 02:20 AM

Long story short....... we were to have out appointment on Thursday but due to miscommunication and bad weather....we were re-scheduled for January 5 and recieved a call today asking if we wanted to be seen! Everything works out the way it is supposed to!!

Here is the video sweet partner took at my appointment

Midwife Appointment 11 weeks exactly

Randi
#230 of 230 Old 12-21-2008, 05:54 AM - Thread Starter

I never thought of taking videos of appointments, that's great Randi! It's so exciting to hear the heartbeat the first time! You are absolutely beaming!! :

Wait a minute, it's officially Winter!!! Here's the Winter thread

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page