Forum Jump: 

Old 10-06-2008, 09:45 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
campbells Halloween costume:

front: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76...u/CIMG3097.jpg

the back: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76...u/CIMG3104.jpg

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama to Junebug , Sugarbug and expecting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2008, 09:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickalynne View Post
COMPLETELY potty trained!!!
We started early intervention and campbell is communicating better, even using signs.
She still has seizures, we think she is also having headaches, like migraines? Sleeping is tough. Poor baby has big dark circles.
I am a nanny for a 7yr old, three nights a week. Make good money and I love older kids.
um..what else? I AM IN LOVE WITH THE PICTURES SHAYLA TOOK. I can't wait to see the rest :
I was so lucky that is was sunny last Monday. SO LUCKY.
Oh, campbell informs me that "mama, I'm a princess" and oh something else I hear frequently "NO, I'm in charge"
Thats great Ericka. I am glad things are looking up! I hope they figure out if Campbell is having migraines and how to treat them.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:50 PM

thanks Zoe, i always forget to use Empathy, i feel it, i just dont show it. bah.

Ericka, so sorry to hear about the continuation of seizures, and now the possible migraines, poor sweet girl. but YAY for more communication!!!!!!!

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
Old 10-07-2008, 12:02 AM

Tiff, I had a thought.

WA law is that children under 12 have to be in the back when possible. How old were this woman's other children? Did they fill up the back seat? I am wondering because if they did fill up the back seat.. and they were old enough to not be in boosters.. maybe she thought the baby was safest in the front because he/she was in an infant seat rather than say a 9 year old not in a booster?
Old 10-07-2008, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
Tiff, I had a thought.

WA law is that children under 12 have to be in the back when possible. How old were this woman's other children? Did they fill up the back seat? I am wondering because if they did fill up the back seat.. and they were old enough to not be in boosters.. maybe she thought the baby was safest in the front because he/she was in an infant seat rather than say a 9 year old not in a booster?
her son is 3.
no other kids in the back.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyMamaBear View Post
her son is 3.
Well then.. I dunno.. it was a thought.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:46 AM

I don't really see the big deal with the front seat if the bags are off. But well, I guess that's because I've been driving a truck for the last two years and Talula was in the front until she was old enough for us to turn her carseat around and put the carseat into the very narrow backseat.

Cute photos, Ericka. I can't believe she's such a little girl now, and not a baby at all anymore.

Tania starts school tomorrow. : Somebody hold me. :
Old 10-07-2008, 01:53 AM

: Candice
Old 10-07-2008, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
Yay, Nicole IS made of awesome

Just got my new hard drive working, mostly. oy. things are crazee around these here parts. Almost broke ruby's big toe last night when I dropped my external hard drive on it. Yeah. WWM over here, reporting for duty.

Today Celeste is doing the 24 Cure, 24+ in bed topless with babies to increase supply. She had a hot bath, then a massage this am... and when I have a break between patients I'm going to go up and treat both babies. Woo hoo! bring on the milk!

I'll be scarce, just wanted to say hi.
Yes, Nicole IS awesome, and somebody else seems pretty dang awesome too. Who could it be??? Hmmm...:

Quote:
her son is 3.
Only benefit of the doubt I can think of...did you see the car actually moving? Maybe she set the bucket in the front seat to get the bags and her son out of the car. Just a thought...
Old 10-07-2008, 02:17 AM

Adrienne, that's a good point. I've done that before myself.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EStreetMama View Post
Yes, Nicole IS awesome, and somebody else seems pretty dang awesome too. Who could it be??? Hmmm...:
no kidding, that Korin is wonder woman, she's so awesome!

so true, so true!

back to nursing...
Old 10-07-2008, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EStreetMama View Post

Only benefit of the doubt I can think of...did you see the car actually moving? Maybe she set the bucket in the front seat to get the bags and her son out of the car. Just a thought...
Nicole and Korin Rock!
we were in her drive, she pulled in from the street, just coming home from shopping, we had been waiting for 10 minutes. she was driving this way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
I don't really see the big deal with the front seat if the bags are off. But well, I guess that's because I've been driving a truck for the last two years and Talula was in the front until she was old enough for us to turn her carseat around and put the carseat into the very narrow backseat.

Cute photos, Ericka. I can't believe she's such a little girl now, and not a baby at all anymore.

wow. : that came fast! thinking of you tomorrow.

the thing is, i dont think the bags were off just by making educated assumptions, she cant follow a simple request about the bags, she put her kid in the front seat potentially not even strapped/latched in, and just the deep in my bones feeling i get. she is a VERY sweet woman, abd very generous and kind, but i honestly feel like she would think its ok even if the bags werent turned off, and wouldnt search out the informtion to be as safe aas possible on her own.
call me judgemental, but thats just the feeling i get. now how to go about talking to her about it for the sake of her child, i have no clue.

Old 10-07-2008, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Nicole and Korin Rock!
we were in her drive, she pulled in from the street, just coming home from shopping, we had been waiting for 10 minutes. she was driving this way.

wow. : that came fast! thinking of you tomorrow.

the thing is, i dont think the bags were off just by making educated assumptions, she cant follow a simple request about the bags, she put her kid in the front seat potentially not even strapped/latched in, and just the deep in my bones feeling i get. she is a VERY sweet woman, abd very generous and kind, but i honestly feel like she would think its ok even if the bags werent turned off, and wouldnt search out the informtion to be as safe aas possible on her own.
call me judgemental, but thats just the feeling i get. now how to go about talking to her about it for the sake of her child, i have no clue.
In my mom's car the air bag is automatically off if there is less than X weight in the seat. I thought it was 100 pounds.. but it was turned on with Elizabeth in the seat. It's a 2005.

The rental I had last week was the same way. It was a 2008.

I don't know that I can turn mine off; it doesn't have a sensor. It's a 2002.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
In my mom's car the air bag is automatically off if there is less than X weight in the seat. I thought it was 100 pounds.. but it was turned on with Elizabeth in the seat. It's a 2005.

The rental I had last week was the same way. It was a 2008.

I don't know that I can turn mine off; it doesn't have a sensor. It's a 2002.
yeah, mine's a 2002 also and you cannot turn them off. i think the specs changed in 2005 or so....
Old 10-07-2008, 03:52 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
SOoo...I have 30 ears of corn on the cob, 15lbs of strawberries, 8lbs of blueberries, 5lbs of blackberries, and 5lbs of raspberries.
I want to freeze them. No jams or jellies and I want to keep the corn on the cob...is this possible? I want them for campbell during the winter.
Any advice?

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama to Junebug , Sugarbug and expecting
Old 10-07-2008, 04:00 AM

Quote:
SOoo...I have 30 ears of corn on the cob, 15lbs of strawberries, 8lbs of blueberries, 5lbs of blackberries, and 5lbs of raspberries.
I want to freeze them. No jams or jellies and I want to keep the corn on the cob...is this possible? I want them for campbell during the winter.
Any advice?
Put berries on a cookie sheet so they aren't touching and freeze them. Once they freeze put them in a ziplock bag. As for the corn, I have seen it frozen on the cob. I don't know what it taste like.. but you could try. Maybe cut them in half since they are for Campbell.

Where did you get strawberries this time of year?
Old 10-07-2008, 10:20 AM

so.........is there a place in PDX that you can find used toys/games on consignment? at Bambini back in Eugene there was a little corner that had a really good selection of used good quality board games, puzzles, wood toys (once even a kitchen!) i am going through Salila's & Dakota's room this week and getting rid of a lot, but would like to have a few new-to-them surprises for them too.
thanks

ps i found this about corn
Old 10-07-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottiew View Post
i could use daddy's tube socks, but would they fit in shoes? He's picky about lumps under his feet... I could sew socks to babylegs!! Pauline, now, how would I know where to buy girl socks? ANd yes, he would love them, he loves pink and flowers, and they would go great with his boots.
kids gap has knee socks gymboree often has them on clearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottiew View Post
Huh, carters makes up to 4t. These are not good when you have a night pee-er, tho. I can even give you some 3t, they hvae helicopters.
I would love to have them.

Quote:
ummmmm how to get them to you???
omg i am SO socially awkward, awkward situation or not!
I guess we could wait for the cake party. Or let me know when you come into town and I'll meet you. You come in for TJs and New Seasons don't you?

Quote:

Oh that is hilarious! She looks great Ericka.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Would anybody come if I had a baby shower? My sister is talking about throwing me a shower but other than you guys I don't know who I would invite. :
Old 10-07-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aolinsmama View Post
so.........is there a place in PDX that you can find used toys/games on consignment? at Bambini back in Eugene there was a little corner that had a really good selection of used good quality board games, puzzles, wood toys (once even a kitchen!) i am going through Salila's & Dakota's room this week and getting rid of a lot, but would like to have a few new-to-them surprises for them too.
thanks

ps i found this about corn
Try Bella Stella on Broadway. I think they have toys on consignment. Also, Sweet Peas in Sellwood, or Zanzibar in Hollywood. I am pretty sure any of those stores would have toys on consignment. Definitely call first though.

+++

So, something happened when I dropped Lily off at school. I did NOT know what to do, or if I should have done anything. I guess Kindergarten is probably still considered an age where kids aren't generally embarrassed by their parents stepping in, but I still didn't know what to do.

We got to her classroom, and she was welcoming a new classmate. I was getting ready to leave, when another student came in, and Lily said "Hi" to her.

She gave her a really nasty, scowly look, and said, very nastily: "I'm NOT saying Hi to you. And I don't like your shirt, either."

Lily lost a tooth last night, so she showed the open space in her mouth to her. She sort of acted like she cared at that point, so I didn't really do anything, but I wonder if I should have tried to figure out what was wrong? Ugh. I don't know. I feel like I'm always wrong about this sort of thing. I left feeling very sad.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
Try Bella Stella on Broadway. I think they have toys on consignment. Also, Sweet Peas in Sellwood, or Zanzibar in Hollywood. I am pretty sure any of those stores would have toys on consignment. Definitely call first though.

+++

So, something happened when I dropped Lily off at school. I did NOT know what to do, or if I should have done anything. I guess Kindergarten is probably still considered an age where kids aren't generally embarrassed by their parents stepping in, but I still didn't know what to do.

We got to her classroom, and she was welcoming a new classmate. I was getting ready to leave, when another student came in, and Lily said "Hi" to her.

She gave her a really nasty, scowly look, and said, very nastily: "I'm NOT saying Hi to you. And I don't like your shirt, either."

Lily lost a tooth last night, so she showed the open space in her mouth to her. She sort of acted like she cared at that point, so I didn't really do anything, but I wonder if I should have tried to figure out what was wrong? Ugh. I don't know. I feel like I'm always wrong about this sort of thing. I left feeling very sad.
Did you feel like you needed to comfort Lily because she was getting brushed off, negativity? If she didn't notice or care I wouldn't have stepped in. If it made, my DS or DD sad, I would have empathized with him/her and then tried to provide some empathy/insight about the other girl. "Maybe she had a rough morning or something. Maybe she's sad about something."
Old 10-07-2008, 02:53 PM

I felt more like I could have tried to help smooth out the conflict and figure out what the problem was.

Lily didn't really seem phased by it though... so hm. I don't know what to think... if she doesn't understand it, or if she is choosing to ignore it. I don't want to delve into it too deeply with her and give her a complex like my mother did with me, but it also felt wrong to walk away from it.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsythia View Post
no kidding, that Korin is wonder woman, she's so awesome!

so true, so true!

back to nursing...
Aw thanks mamas, but I'm just regular We had two pp doulas here over the night to help and now everyone is wearing clothes again! she made it 24 hours with only 2 bottles for each baby to supplement. : now to add the lactaid. we're all playing it by ear, have NO CLUE what we are doing.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNPORTLAND View Post
Jessica - Be sure and check out the PDC if you are decided you want to buy in Portland. Some great programs there.
oh we have house that we'd have to sell (and it is very lovely). this potential move would be a straight across trade so what we would lose in location we'd gain in comfort features like...master bath! our house is a 1910 farmhouse and it hasn't changed much since about 1940. the funniest part about us even considering this is that i used to think suburban tract homes were the antithesis of cool. i LOVE the character of older homes. but i've done a complete 180 now that i have kids and i can see WHY people want those kinds of things. gah. i'm such a....parent. or i'm having a middle-age crisis or something

but like i say we are ----> : and now we just staying put. plus we are half-way through a remodeling project and i think *that* is the real reason i want to move. i'm so sick of it!

Quote:

Where do I find fleece sleeper pajams with feet for Sophia? (size 3) It seems like they only go up to size 2 and we are trying not to use our heat yet. Also she loves them.
it sounds like you will be getting some but i was going to suggest the carter's outlet in troutdale. isaac loves him some footie sleepers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
:

that new job/contract thing is probably not working out for me she can't pay me what i'm asking and it is substantially lower than i am asking. plus i have a different contract that says i can't charge them any higher than i charge anyone else. blah. really bummed.

and ebin has croup. it was really scary last night. i slept in his room because i was so worried about his labored breathing.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:26 PM

Wow. I haven't heard of anyone having croup in a VERY long time. Hope he feels better soon.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
I guess we could wait for the cake party. Or let me know when you come into town and I'll meet you. You come in for TJs and New Seasons don't you?
nope, us westsiders have both TJs and New Seasons. if i didnt have to pick up milk, go to OMSI or the Zoo we weould never make it out of Beaverton. we will figure something out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
Would anybody come if I had a baby shower? My sister is talking about throwing me a shower but other than you guys I don't know who I would invite. :
i would!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post

oh that would have bothered me SO much! i'm sorry you had to be witness to such nastiness. some kids can just be downright nasty to eachother sometimes. i think if it were me i would have asked dd how she felt about it, and if she was really fine, left it alone, but f not i would have approached the teacher and let her know what had happened and how dd was feeling about it and call for an impromtu lil talk right then. i was the poor kid, the short kid, the kid with boobs, and the fat kid and i got all kind of nastyness thrown my way and it DOES effect kids, they need to know that the adults will stick up for them. IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar View Post
and ebin has croup. it was really scary last night. i slept in his room because i was so worried about his labored breathing.
oh poor lil guy. sending love and light

Old 10-07-2008, 05:16 PM

Yeah, Tiff, I was the... weird kid. There were times when it really sucked. I need to figure out the right balance so I'm supporting her, but not being overbearing, or overprotective. My parents were pretty passive, and there were times when I wished I had more support.

But then I saw other kids whose mothers were all up in everyone's business, and I really think that made things a lot worse for them. They would get made fun of for that, on top of everything else. It sucked for them even more than it sucked for me.

So... balance? Balance? Where are you, balance?
Old 10-07-2008, 06:37 PM

find her handouts about how to fill the bags and the carseat.

Quote:
they are in WA and i was pretty sure it was illegal. anyhow i know its not SAFE even if it might be legal. and her baby could die.
the milk thing... see below

good idea about the seat.
see i have told her all about how you can add chilled milk to frozen milk, how you can add two bottles or bags, etc of chilled milk together in one bag. i practically pleaded with her. i dont know how to make it super clear that i NEED her to put more than one pumping session in a bag at a time.
did i mention i am socially awkward?
Old 10-07-2008, 06:37 PM

speaking of being the weird kid.
i just found out that three women i thought i was friends with, three grown ass women whom i thought were better than school girl gossip. were talking about me, making fun of me, telling stories about me behind my back.
i had so much respect for these women and never would have thought any of them would do anything like this.
i was wrong
i have no respect for any of them now.
i lost a friend because of their highschool like gossip mouths.
thank goodness the friendship ended up being deeper than their bs.
oh i am so fuming mad right now!
i thought i left highschool behind 10 years ago. :

Hedy i hope you can find that balance. when you do, will you draw me a map, cause i know i will need it soon.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
kids gap has knee socks gymboree often has them on clearance.
he has small feets.

piccolina has toys. but used toys are often in weird shape. mayeb just goodwill or value village?

User Tag List