Spooky October in PDX - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 1618 Old 10-08-2008, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm up too! must shower before they all wake up. LOL!

Candice~ Glad Tania's first day went so well! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#362 of 1618 Old 10-08-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aolinsmama View Post
i'm up too! good morning!:

i dunno about bike trailers, burleys have been hugely popular for years now though. we are over the moon about our new-to-us adams trailabike though

woohoo for girl scouts! i have been wondering if Salila is old enough. i think i will call the council today and find out.
Daisys is Kindergarten. If you are lucky there will be a troop in your area. However neither of my girls were able to get in a daisy troop because there weren't any where we lived at the time. Good luck!

I have been up and down since 1:30. Why you ask? Cause DH ate hot oil. I told him not to but he did anyway.. and now he set off his pancreasitis or something. Of course he has to wake me up a million times. I Might feel sorry for him had I not told him NOT TO EAT THE HOT OIL. And then.. he takes a bath.. pats himself dry halfassed like and gets in bed.... Now the sheets are wet. : I can't feel sorry for him when he brings it on himself.

I have a buttload of stuff to do today and now I have to do it on no sleep with a sick DH. That is worse than 2 sick kids.
#363 of 1618 Old 10-08-2008, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

I'm awake, drinking and checking my mail before I have to wake up Carson for school. The downside of taking him almost 10 miles away is waking up early.

Leslie-mom to Carson and Madison :, Sage Tree :, and Buckbeak, Tonks, and Luna
#364 of 1618 Old 10-08-2008, 11:59 AM

Arrgh! Lily forgot her coat at school. Guess we are driving this morning. Grr.

Hey, Tina, I'll inquire about the chinook books today and let you know for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNPORTLAND View Post
Thanks Laura - It's a great deal but only in 4T and Land's End clothes run super big. She would need a 3T otherwise the feet will not be on her feet - just dragging along on the ground. Tempting to buy for next year though . . .
Yeah, Ru has a set of 4T from Land's End that she wears almost every day of the world. We just pull the feet up and bunch the legs so they fit her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyMamaBear View Post
well the dynamic was good actually, we all got along well. Addy and their 5yo girl became bff's in an instant. Addy is scared of one of the adults who is MTF and was quite rude and hurtful about it. and then transitioning her to go was a nightmare. plus i THOUGHT we were on the same page regarding parenting, but they do things i am not comfortable with, not TERRIBLE things, just things that make me sad to be around, like put the baby in a bouncer to feed himself a bottle so they could play cards, and WoW. and we all know how i feel about WoW. :
so, i thought it was going to be a pefect match via e-mails but now... i'm just not so sure yanno?
Hm... Well, you know how that can go at first... the WoW thing worries me too. I don't know if it would be such a good idea for Morgan to be around that in his own home all the time.
#365 of 1618 Old 10-08-2008, 12:05 PM

I actually slept last night. Thank the gods. When I woke, I thought, oh, no, and then I looked at the clock and it was 5am. I thought, not too shabby. Then I actually dozed until 6:15 when the alarm went off.

I love my Burley trailer. At some point, I'll be able to sell it for almost as much as I bought it. It was spendy, though.

Did you know that the Foster Road Fred Meyer doesn't sell clothing? Not only that, but they were out of the kitty litter I buy. Wouldn't you know it. So, no trousers for the Sprog last night. And have to wait until the weekend to change the kitty box. Pretty much impossible for me to do anything on a weeknight, so I wasn't going to start driving around.
#366 of 1618 Old 10-08-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post

Yeah, Ru has a set of 4T from Land's End that she wears almost every day of the world. We just pull the feet up and bunch the legs so they fit her.
Hmm.... Maybe I should buy them then. Ruby is much smaller than Sophia and if they work for her . . .

Candace - I meant to say that I'm so glad Tania's first day of school went well and that you both feel good about her teacher.

Is it really okay for me to let Sophia watch an extra half hour of t.v. a day so I can work out?

Tiffany - good luck with the roommate situation. Where is the house? Maybe you should make a thread on here looking for roommates . . .
#367 of 1618 Old 10-08-2008, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldabee View Post
Did you know that the Foster Road Fred Meyer doesn't sell clothing? Not only that, but they were out of the kitty litter I buy. Wouldn't you know it. So, no trousers for the Sprog last night. And have to wait until the weekend to change the kitty box. Pretty much impossible for me to do anything on a weeknight, so I wasn't going to start driving around.
they are remodeling our fred meyer's, 39th & hawthorne. and dh went to get some carhardts (usually on sale there) for work couple wks back and they informed us they won't sell clothes anymore. i think this really sucks if this is a trend:
#368 of 1618 Old 10-08-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
they are remodeling our fred meyer's, 39th & hawthorne. and dh went to get some carhardts (usually on sale there) for work couple wks back and they informed us they won't sell clothes anymore. i think this really sucks if this is a trend:
I hope they don't do that to our Fred Meyer. It is the ONLY place to buy clothes in town. Otherwise I would have to drive to Gresham for everything. Of course.. ours is only four years old so I don't see them remodeling it anytime soon.
#369 of 1618 Old 10-08-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar View Post
and ebin has croup. it was really scary last night. i slept in his room because i was so worried about his labored breathing.
I hope Ebin is feeling better now. Croup really sucks. Jake had it when he was 7 months old. I had to sleep sitting upright with him on my chest for 3 nights in a row.

Quote:
balance is something i can find easily one day, and wonder where it is the next. yesterday i was desperately trying to find the zen in my car being smashed in the parking lot...
Oh no about your car! Is everyone okay? Were you not in the car when it happened?

Quote:
The REI experience was slightly disappointing. I found a coat, but not in my size, because all they had were s-m so we had to order it, since most of the stuff was selling out of stock. Won't get it until next tuesday, so I did end up buying a rain poncho to tide me over. I already have rain shoes, and have decided to hold off on the rain pants until I lose some weight... since they would be ridiculously giant in a few months anyway. I can put up with wet legs, but not a wet back. Just can't deal with that. Drives me completely insane.
While I was driving the other day I saw a bike with a sign on the back advertising for these pieces of waterproof fabric that just go on top of your pants to protect them from the rain. I wish I could remember the name of them... rain chaps? Anyway, would be a good solution without having to have a set of rain pants and they looked like you could take them on/off easily. The guy was wearing some that were bright pink.

Candice, that is awesome about Tania's school!

#370 of 1618 Old 10-08-2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:
yeah my mom was talking to them before they started the remodel and they said they were phasing out clothes. hence those clearance racks they had out front forever. i'm not sure if they plan to do that at ALL freddy's though :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
I hope Ebin is feeling better now. Croup really sucks. Jake had it when he was 7 months old. I had to sleep sitting upright with him on my chest for 3 nights in a row.

he is getting 3 days of a steroid and we put the humidifier in his room last night. he still woke up about 4 times coughing but in between that he didn't have the raspy breathing (thankfully!). so hopefully it will keep improving from here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
Does anyone have any gripes or raves about specific brands/types of bike trailer-strollers?
we got a burley off craigslist and it is great. we don't have the stroller conversion though...i'm just using it on my bike.

brrrrrrrrr : chilly this morning!!! i better get ready and get us outta here.
#371 of 1618 Old 10-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Joi

Candice..... I hear that GS Leader is a freak... watch out for her.

All is well here... working my butt off to change the room layout in my house (moving the tv and play area down stairs, making myself an office/craft area, and turning the living room into a living room) Plus my little man will be 2 in 9 days!!
#372 of 1618 Old 10-08-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
I wonder if they are turning it into a "marketplace" store. The Burlingame one is like that. Just groceries and a few odds and ends here and there, but no clothes.

Joi, your little man's birthday is a day before mine.
#373 of 1618 Old 10-08-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNPORTLAND View Post
Thanks Laura - It's a great deal but only in 4T and Land's End clothes run super big. She would need a 3T otherwise the feet will not be on her feet - just dragging along on the ground. Tempting to buy for next year though . . .
Pauline, do you have a Costco hookup? They had some Carters fleece sleepers for $8.00. sizes 18 mos-5T I think. I got a pair for each kid. I don't know why. They both insist on sleeping in the buff. :

Quote:
well the dynamic was good actually, we all got along well. Addy and their 5yo girl became bff's in an instant. Addy is scared of one of the adults who is MTF and was quite rude and hurtful about it. and then transitioning her to go was a nightmare. plus i THOUGHT we were on the same page regarding parenting, but they do things i am not comfortable with, not TERRIBLE things, just things that make me sad to be around, like put the baby in a bouncer to feed himself a bottle so they could play cards, and WoW. and we all know how i feel about WoW. :
so, i thought it was going to be a pefect match via e-mails but now... i'm just not so sure yanno?
What's MTF? and sorry it wasn't a perfect match . The WoW thing would be too much for me, but that is me. Maybe they put the baby in the bouncer so they could feel like they were better entertaining the adults or something?
Quote:
I used to work at that Fred's. I hope they don't phase out clothes at all of them, because I love the extra 40% or 50% clearance sales. I've gotten several pair of kids' $5 shoes, $3 shirts & pants... and you can get groceries at the same time. Their whole schtick is "one stop shopping".:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joi View Post
Candice..... I hear that GS Leader is a freak... watch out for her.

All is well here... working my butt off to change the room layout in my house (moving the tv and play area down stairs, making myself an office/craft area, and turning the living room into a living room) Plus my little man will be 2 in 9 days!!
Ohh, that sounds great, Joi

So, I know nothing about girl scouts. Do they have the same religious issues as boy scouts? Does anyone have experience with Do Jump classes? Those look like some serious fun! I don't know if I can deal with the drive though.
#374 of 1618 Old 10-08-2008, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyRev View Post
So, I know nothing about girl scouts. Do they have the same religious issues as boy scouts? Does anyone have experience with Do Jump classes? Those look like some serious fun! I don't know if I can deal with the drive though.
No they don't! If you get a really religious leader you might have problems. But DD2 has been in a troop for 5 years. Two of the leaders were really religious but they left it out of the troop. They even meet at a church. The GS promise says something about on my honor, god and my country, yada yada yada. But as an Athiest we have never had a problem with GS in four counties, two states, more troops that I want to count for Amanda, and 9 years.

Now my troop leader said her Grandson had to write a letter for Boy scouts saying what god meant to him. I need to find a different organization for Alex.
#375 of 1618 Old 10-08-2008, 03:17 PM

ARRRGH! Our accountant messed up BIG TIME and now we are being audited.

Has anyone here been audited? What do they do?
#376 of 1618 Old 10-08-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
ARRRGH! Our accountant messed up BIG TIME and now we are being audited.

Has anyone here been audited? What do they do?
s that is one of my biggest fears! I am so sorry Hedy. I know nothing of what they do.
#377 of 1618 Old 10-08-2008, 03:23 PM

Our GS Leader is an atheist. We're praying for her.
#378 of 1618 Old 10-08-2008, 03:26 PM

So, I'm really tired and feel like a crackhead. I somehow missed that Ebin has croup. That's scary! I hope he gets better soon.

Hedy, that sucks that you're getting audited. What a hassle.

And if I seemed to ignore anyone else, it was unintentional. I think I'm going to go take a nap before I die of exhaustion.
#379 of 1618 Old 10-08-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Our GS Leader is an atheist. We're praying for her.
:
#380 of 1618 Old 10-08-2008, 03:46 PM

: It's 63 degrees in my living room. Should I turn on the heat??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar View Post
i LOVE the character of older homes. but i've done a complete 180 now that i have kids and i can see WHY people want those kinds of things. gah. i'm such a....parent. or i'm having a middle-age crisis or something
I used to have a 1918 Craftsman, and I loved it. Our current house was built in 1965, and it's better. But I now find myself longing for something built in this century (or just my lifetime!), with good heat and a/c and a big tub...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
Jeopardy is going to be in Lincoln City on the 11th.
I saw this the other day and got very excited - I think it would be fun to be on Jeopardy! and it was my mom's fave show. But I don't see how we can get there.

Hedy, scary scary scary about being audited. Can you find another accountant to help you out? Are you sure it's because your accountant screwed up, and not just because of a random thing? I hope they don't find any major mistake...or worse yet, deliberate deception by your accountant!

Candice, hooray for awesome atheist GS leaders And great first days of school and terrific teachers. Sounds like your move to Sellwood is really working out for you guys!

Quote:
And if I seemed to ignore anyone else, it was unintentional.
:

Chase has started saying "no!" Oh, goody

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#381 of 1618 Old 10-08-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post
Hedy, scary scary scary about being audited. Can you find another accountant to help you out? Are you sure it's because your accountant screwed up, and not just because of a random thing? I hope they don't find any major mistake...or worse yet, deliberate deception by your accountant!
Yeah, he found the mistake by inquiring with the IRS this morning. It's a BIG one too. Miscalculation by about $4K. : It just makes me so mad. We are so, so, so careful with our budgeting, because we want to be able to have enough to cover our tax burden every year, and then THIS happens. It's like a slap in the face for being good.

I wonder if we should sue? I don't know at this point.
#382 of 1618 Old 10-08-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Probably since Kroger owns it now and they never had experience in clothing/department store stuff before they bought FM. I think they are just pairing it down to a few select stores like Johnson Creek and the other bigger ones.
#383 of 1618 Old 10-08-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
two eval visits, then the third is the "gameplan" visit, then it goes from there.
this might break us tho if i dont get a job soon.
Wait a minute. If you go through the education district shouldn't evals be free?

Quote:
we just got back from meeting and eating dinner with the potential housemates.
it went... interesting.
and then, Addy had a huge meltdown when it was time to leave.
*sigh*
will it ever ever ever get better?
it will get better.

Quote:
Does anyone have any gripes or raves about specific brands/types of bike trailer-strollers?
We got a Burley off Craigslist and Allison loves it (I am scared of bikes so I don't use one)

Quote:
What's MTF? and sorry it wasn't a perfect match . The WoW thing would be too much for me, but that is me. Maybe they put the baby in the bouncer so they could feel like they were better entertaining the adults or something?
MTF is "Male to Female" - someone who has transitioned

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
#384 of 1618 Old 10-08-2008, 04:19 PM

Anyone (or their hubby) have cowboy boots in a men's size 11 that my DH can borrow on 10/24? He is doing cowboy songs and stories at his school's Harvest Fest and wants to dress the part. Thanks!

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#385 of 1618 Old 10-08-2008, 04:50 PM

ok i had a bunch of quotes ready to be responded to on Morgans comp, and i will get to those alter i hope. but i have to share!!!!
i have the bestest news ever.
Morgan just came home from his Heart Drs appt.
he DOES NOT have to have surgery!!!!!! and there is a medicine that people with marfans can take that strengthen the aortic wall, and that other than that his heart looks great.
YAY!
omg i am just freaking ecstatic! seriously i havent been this happy in like... 14 months!
this is the biggest weight off my shoulders. omg YAY!

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#386 of 1618 Old 10-08-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Pauline, do you have a Costco hookup? They had some Carters fleece sleepers for $8.00. sizes 18 mos-5T I think. I got a pair for each kid. I don't know why. They both insist on sleeping in the buff. :

Nadine - you rock! I totally forgot about Costco. We do have a card and I remember they had sleeper there. Awesome.

MTF - Male to Female. Transgendered.

Tiff - Couldn't it be a good learning opportunity to teach about gender diversity? Maybe the other stuff wouldnt' work though . . . ie parenting
#387 of 1618 Old 10-08-2008, 05:04 PM

Tiff, that's awesome!! Just sucks it took so long to find that out :

OK, I gave in. Put on wool socks AND turned on the heater. 63 is just too cold for indoors. Esp. when Chase prefers to be barefoot.

#388 of 1618 Old 10-08-2008, 05:06 PM

Hooray Tiff! :
#389 of 1618 Old 10-08-2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
ok i had a bunch of quotes ready to be responded to on Morgans comp, and i will get to those alter i hope. but i have to share!!!!
he DOES NOT have to have surgery!!!!!! and there is a medicine that people with marfans can take that strengthen the aortic wall, and that other than that his heart looks great.
YAY!
omg i am just freaking ecstatic! seriously i havent been this happy in like... 14 months!
WOW! that is stupendous news. i am so happy for you all!
#390 of 1618 Old 10-08-2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
YAY!
: I'm so happy for you all Tiff. What a load off your mind.

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page