Spooky October in PDX - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#421 of 1618 Old 10-09-2008, 11:15 AM
 
LucyRev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Tigard, OR
Posts: 2,333
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Wow, that is rather creepy. Not to be unsympathetic to the dying, but I must say it:

Soon, she will be haunting google!!!

I've been watching too many horror movies. PAULINE! Have you seen Pan's Labrynth yet??
I'm morbid. The lady haunting google totally made me : I loved Pan's Labyrinth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post

And there is an AJ Java RIGHT across the street from the playground! Anyone want to meet up there and have coffee (probably before?) either Tomorrow or Friday sometime Mid-AM?
My friend and I went there with our 3 littles. It was pretty cool, until the kids kept knocking over the paper screen thing next to the couch because it looked so fun to hide behind. And they have very few toys/books so maybe bring some extra fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNPORTLAND View Post
No, not yet - We are still getting through the Mad Men series which is really very good. It if was just me I'd binge watch it all in one night but Shawn has a much shorter attention and is making us drag it out week after week. But as soon as this last disc goes back, Pan's Labrynth will come.
Oooh LOVE Mad Men. Also loving Californication. It's so porny though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyMamaBear View Post
Nadine, she iss 4 now and The woman wasnt offended, but you could tell she was HURT, and that makes me feel bad that my kid hurt her like that, even if it wasnt intentional. we will continue to teach tolerance and acceptance. Addy is SO particular about her world around her aand when something in her world doesnt make sense to her its really offensive to her, and makes her freak out.
Wow, Addy is 4! Time flies. So sorry! I can share an awkward situation just for commiseration. The other day, a sales guy was giving me a vacuum demo. He was missing a couple teeth and they were very yellow. Josie hollers out, "Mama, why dat man have lello teeth?" I fained ignorance, muttered "I dunno honey" and tried to get her interested in vacuuming the demo dirt. I should have known better. She then does the classic toddler move - holding my cheeks and staring into my eyes to ask again much LOUDER while furrowing her brow. She seemed genuinely confused and concerned. I wanted to disappear.

There was also the time Naia asked why the check out lady at the store had a nipple on her face. It was a large mole. I think she was 3 at the time. I whispered, "That's a mole." She argued, "NO! That's a nipple!"
LucyRev is offline  
#422 of 1618 Old 10-09-2008, 11:25 AM
 
PGNPORTLAND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,883
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Once this lady got on the bus and sat next to me and Sophia. She had a really huge shiny hot pink patent leather purse. Sophia put her face right next to it and stared at it and then leaned back and said to me - "Mama, why that lady's purse is sooooooo shiny?" and I said "I guess she just likes a shiny purse - isn't it pretty?" and Sophia says "Mama. That purse is too, too, shiny. It is hurting my eyes" and she kept her hands over her eyes until the woman got off the bus. Mortifying.
PGNPORTLAND is offline  
#423 of 1618 Old 10-09-2008, 11:28 AM
 
forsythia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: sleepless baby heaven...
Posts: 2,688
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
morning :

Tiff, great news about Morgan!

Pauline, cute story!
forsythia is offline  
#424 of 1618 Old 10-09-2008, 11:36 AM
 
karen1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Milwaukie, OR
Posts: 3,455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsythia View Post
morning :
: DH carpooled to work today - he got picked up at 6am. Wowza. He usually doesn't get up until 7! Poor guy is gonna be TIRED later!

And I'm all excited 'cause I get to see my mad scientist friend today - she and her wife just spent a month on the PCT, so I haven't seen her since August. Chase just loves her, and she loves him. It's so cute to see them playing and experimenting together.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
karen1968 is offline  
#425 of 1618 Old 10-09-2008, 12:30 PM
 
AmyMay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Battle Ground, WA
Posts: 1,070
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyRev View Post
I'm morbid. The lady haunting google totally made me I loved Pan's Labyrinth!



My friend and I went there with our 3 littles. It was pretty cool, until the kids kept knocking over the paper screen thing next to the couch because it looked so fun to hide behind. And they have very few toys/books so maybe bring some extra fun.



Oooh LOVE Mad Men. Also loving Californication. It's so porny though.



Wow, Addy is 4! Time flies. So sorry! I can share an awkward situation just for commiseration. The other day, a sales guy was giving me a vacuum demo. He was missing a couple teeth and they were very yellow. Josie hollers out, "Mama, why dat man have lello teeth?" I fained ignorance, muttered "I dunno honey" and tried to get her interested in vacuuming the demo dirt. I should have known better. She then does the classic toddler move - holding my cheeks and staring into my eyes to ask again much LOUDER while furrowing her brow. She seemed genuinely confused and concerned. I wanted to disappear.

There was also the time Naia asked why the check out lady at the store had a nipple on her face. It was a large mole. I think she was 3 at the time. I whispered, "That's a mole." She argued, "NO! That's a nipple!"
LOL Sorry, I've just been there, done that!

I LOVED Pan's Labyrinth!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNPORTLAND View Post
Once this lady got on the bus and sat next to me and Sophia. She had a really huge shiny hot pink patent leather purse. Sophia put her face right next to it and stared at it and then leaned back and said to me - "Mama, why that lady's purse is sooooooo shiny?" and I said "I guess she just likes a shiny purse - isn't it pretty?" and Sophia says "Mama. That purse is too, too, shiny. It is hurting my eyes" and she kept her hands over her eyes until the woman got off the bus. Mortifying.
At least it was her purse though and not something physical. LOL That's so cute.
AmyMay is offline  
#426 of 1618 Old 10-09-2008, 01:13 PM
 
Hedy B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,778
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It feels like a holiday today because Lily is off of school. I love having her home.

We are going to take a bike ride over to N. Mississippi and have lunch at Laughing Planet, then hit a playground somewhere. Not sure where yet. If anyone wants to meet up, let me know! We'll leave the house around noon. I'm expecting the trip to LP to take about 40-45 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyRev View Post
Wow, Addy is 4! Time flies. So sorry! I can share an awkward situation just for commiseration. The other day, a sales guy was giving me a vacuum demo. He was missing a couple teeth and they were very yellow. Josie hollers out, "Mama, why dat man have lello teeth?" I fained ignorance, muttered "I dunno honey" and tried to get her interested in vacuuming the demo dirt. I should have known better. She then does the classic toddler move - holding my cheeks and staring into my eyes to ask again much LOUDER while furrowing her brow. She seemed genuinely confused and concerned. I wanted to disappear.

There was also the time Naia asked why the check out lady at the store had a nipple on her face. It was a large mole. I think she was 3 at the time. I whispered, "That's a mole." She argued, "NO! That's a nipple!"
Aak! Oh well, hopefully, they understood that they are just little kids, and didn't take it personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNPORTLAND View Post
Once this lady got on the bus and sat next to me and Sophia. She had a really huge shiny hot pink patent leather purse. Sophia put her face right next to it and stared at it and then leaned back and said to me - "Mama, why that lady's purse is sooooooo shiny?" and I said "I guess she just likes a shiny purse - isn't it pretty?" and Sophia says "Mama. That purse is too, too, shiny. It is hurting my eyes" and she kept her hands over her eyes until the woman got off the bus. Mortifying.
Oh man. That is cute, although I'm sure embarrassing at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsythia View Post
morning :

Tiff, great news about Morgan!

Pauline, cute story!
: How are you doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post
: DH carpooled to work today - he got picked up at 6am. Wowza. He usually doesn't get up until 7! Poor guy is gonna be TIRED later!

And I'm all excited 'cause I get to see my mad scientist friend today - she and her wife just spent a month on the PCT, so I haven't seen her since August. Chase just loves her, and she loves him. It's so cute to see them playing and experimenting together.
Hooray for science and getting kids interested at such an early age!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyMay View Post
LOL Sorry, I've just been there, done that!

I LOVED Pan's Labyrinth!!!!
:
Hedy B. is offline  
#427 of 1618 Old 10-09-2008, 01:53 PM
 
jstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: portland
Posts: 2,900
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Wow, that is rather creepy. Not to be unsympathetic to the dying, but I must say it:

Soon, she will be haunting google!!!
ugh, you're right!!! i hadn't thought of that.

i'd be more sympathetic to the dying if she'd been a sweet little old neighbor lady. she's been pretty evil.



*loving* the funny kid stories. but they're only funny in hindsight right? i'm trying to think of something isaac has done like that. i think i've blocked them out from being so mortified
jstar is offline  
#428 of 1618 Old 10-09-2008, 02:26 PM
 
AmyMay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Battle Ground, WA
Posts: 1,070
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Hedy!

I met up with some lovely ladies yesterday at the Patch. Check out pix on my flickr. I must say, our kids are sure getting big!
AmyMay is offline  
#429 of 1618 Old 10-09-2008, 02:37 PM
 
Hedy B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,778
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think Lily's school is having a field trip out there next week! Cool pix!
Hedy B. is offline  
#430 of 1618 Old 10-09-2008, 02:39 PM
 
forsythia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: sleepless baby heaven...
Posts: 2,688
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Hedy! I'm really impressed with you hauling your kiddos on the bike...I can't wait to get back in the swing of things. Though I have walked them to the bus stop and back home from the bus stop...about 2 or 3 blocks. Then my hips started up...

Hi Amy! I miss our big love...and coffee...
forsythia is offline  
#431 of 1618 Old 10-09-2008, 02:44 PM
 
Hedy B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,778
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ah, big love. I read about that on Amy's blog. You guys are seriously the sweetest people I have ever met.

And hey, if anyone wants to get together for coffee, I'm always game! Er, well... usually

I actually think the Peninsula Park/AJ set up might be a good thing until it gets too cold, since there's always portable coffee, so if the kids really just want to play, we could just meet up across the street, get it to go, then head over. Well, that and AJ is seriously the BEST coffee I have ever had. My mom even commented on in when she stayed with me, because I buy my beans there. Roasted by a local single mama! Awesome!
Hedy B. is offline  
#432 of 1618 Old 10-09-2008, 02:52 PM
 
forsythia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: sleepless baby heaven...
Posts: 2,688
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
ah, big love. I read about that on Amy's blog. You guys are seriously the sweetest people I have ever met.

And hey, if anyone wants to get together for coffee, I'm always game! Er, well... usually

I actually think the Peninsula Park/AJ set up might be a good thing until it gets too cold, since there's always portable coffee, so if the kids really just want to play, we could just meet up across the street, get it to go, then head over. Well, that and AJ is seriously the BEST coffee I have ever had. My mom even commented on in when she stayed with me, because I buy my beans there. Roasted by a local single mama! Awesome!
Oh...

I would love to meet up sometime...cost of driving into town is rough. I might be able to swing it w/in the next couple weeks...or we'll be in NW on wed. and SE on mon..crazy all these appts postpartum/newborn.. appts, appts...and I'm losing it and forgetting everything. my keys have been lost for over a week now.

Oh sleep deprivation...
forsythia is offline  
#433 of 1618 Old 10-09-2008, 02:55 PM
 
forsythia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: sleepless baby heaven...
Posts: 2,688
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pauline~ I've been thinking about your dinosaur girl undies search...what about buying some white/or solid colored girls panties/undies, getting a dinosaur stencil or stamp and fabric paint and making some w/Sophia???

I just thought that was a cute idea...
forsythia is offline  
#434 of 1618 Old 10-09-2008, 03:03 PM
 
Hedy B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,778
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsythia View Post
Oh...

I would love to meet up sometime...cost of driving into town is rough. I might be able to swing it w/in the next couple weeks...or we'll be in NW on wed. and SE on mon..crazy all these appts postpartum/newborn.. appts, appts...and I'm losing it and forgetting everything. my keys have been lost for over a week now.

Oh sleep deprivation...
Keys are evil! EVIL!!! I think everyone knows about my bra incident.

I'm still going to be driving to pick Lily up for a while. I'm thinking that... now that I'm going with both of them, I might start doing Tues/Thurs going both ways in November, then December doing MWF. Then in January, I'll probably just do both ways every day, weather permitting.

Anyway, Since I'm driving over there anyway, we could keep going one day and meet up with you in your neck of the woods one afternoon! LMK!
Hedy B. is offline  
#435 of 1618 Old 10-09-2008, 03:09 PM
 
spottiew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NoPo
Posts: 2,010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
ah, big love. I read about that on Amy's blog. You guys are seriously the sweetest people I have ever met.

And hey, if anyone wants to get together for coffee, I'm always game! Er, well... usually

I actually think the Peninsula Park/AJ set up might be a good thing until it gets too cold, since there's always portable coffee, so if the kids really just want to play, we could just meet up across the street, get it to go, then head over. Well, that and AJ is seriously the BEST coffee I have ever had. My mom even commented on in when she stayed with me, because I buy my beans there. Roasted by a local single mama! Awesome!
you totally want to go at 4pm when i can go why? cause everything is wet in the AM... the way the sun goes, that place is in the shade and cold all morning. it's pretty in the late afternoon, honest! doesn't anyone's kid need to play before dinner/bed?

ok, today's kieranisms:

What would happen if... we were all bald and wore coats?
What would happen if... the world changed into a different world? Would I have a different daddy and a different light?
spottiew is offline  
#436 of 1618 Old 10-09-2008, 03:16 PM
 
jstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: portland
Posts: 2,900
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyMay View Post
I met up with some lovely ladies yesterday at the Patch. Check out pix on my flickr. I must say, our kids are sure getting big!
beautiful pix! loooove the ones of lanny and max in the swing together too. hilarious!



i signed up to go on isaac's pumpkin patch field trip next week. i can't wait :
jstar is offline  
#437 of 1618 Old 10-09-2008, 03:29 PM
 
Hedy B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,778
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spottiew View Post
you totally want to go at 4pm when i can go why? cause everything is wet in the AM... the way the sun goes, that place is in the shade and cold all morning. it's pretty in the late afternoon, honest! doesn't anyone's kid need to play before dinner/bed?

ok, today's kieranisms:

What would happen if... we were all bald and wore coats?
What would happen if... the world changed into a different world? Would I have a different daddy and a different light?
Ha ha! That's cute!

I could do a freezer meal on a day like that sometime, (which I'm accumulating lately, because I'm realizing that some leftovers are just too close together. ) Or a crock pot meal or something. I would have to take off by 5 though, so they could get to bed at a reasonable hour, or I guess maybe on a Friday I could stay a little later, since they don't have to get up early.
Hedy B. is offline  
#438 of 1618 Old 10-09-2008, 03:42 PM
 
InochiZo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NWxSE
Posts: 1,691
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
Keys are evil! EVIL!!! I think everyone knows about my bra incident.

I'm still going to be driving to pick Lily up for a while. I'm thinking that... now that I'm going with both of them, I might start doing Tues/Thurs going both ways in November, then December doing MWF. Then in January, I'll probably just do both ways every day, weather permitting.

Anyway, Since I'm driving over there anyway, we could keep going one day and meet up with you in your neck of the woods one afternoon! LMK!
Wow, you're gonna go in the cold and rain once you get raingear :. YOU will be one of cool elite crazy riders. :
I ride ocassionally with both my kids weigh about 80 lbs together. OMG, it is so hard compared to my commute. Your legs will turn into rocks.
InochiZo is offline  
#439 of 1618 Old 10-09-2008, 04:48 PM
 
dani76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Oregon :)
Posts: 3,707
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsythia View Post
Pauline~ I've been thinking about your dinosaur girl undies search...what about buying some white/or solid colored girls panties/undies, getting a dinosaur stencil or stamp and fabric paint and making some w/Sophia???

I just thought that was a cute idea...
That's funny, I posted the same thing on her Facebook. Great minds think alike.

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
dani76 is offline  
#440 of 1618 Old 10-09-2008, 04:51 PM
 
kaPOW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 7,335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
winter biking is soooooooooooooooooo much better than summer biking, IMO.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
kaPOW! is offline  
#441 of 1618 Old 10-09-2008, 05:20 PM
 
papayapetunia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SE Portland, OR
Posts: 5,137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Speaking of crazy bikers, I just got my new (to me) bike! I had to ride the Max out to Hillsboro to get it and then bike home from near Lloyd Center. Ouch, I haven't ridden a bike in so long. Not since we lived here before. It's a one-speed cruiser too, so it was rough for me. But riding a bike is really exhilerating! Joey got a bike yesterday too. We're going to try to be super dependent on bikes and public transport before we buy a car, so we don't end up driving everywhere.

We need rain gear. :
papayapetunia is offline  
#442 of 1618 Old 10-09-2008, 05:25 PM
 
spottiew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NoPo
Posts: 2,010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
Ha ha! That's cute!

I could do a freezer meal on a day like that sometime, (which I'm accumulating lately, because I'm realizing that some leftovers are just too close together. ) Or a crock pot meal or something. I would have to take off by 5 though, so they could get to bed at a reasonable hour, or I guess maybe on a Friday I could stay a little later, since they don't have to get up early.
well we will lose the light soon anyway, and a wet playground will defeat the purpose. i just know we HAVE to do things, or we don't have a good evening. we are kidna weird tho, dinner is more of a playtime at our house, that's just how kieran's energy works.

im trying to fix up my basement for INDOOR TRICYCLING... cause the parks dept apparently thinks kids only need indoor gym time in the AM, cause no one would actually be busy then and need a PM activity... (actaully, thay use it for basketball in the PM, but still)
spottiew is offline  
#443 of 1618 Old 10-09-2008, 05:52 PM
 
jstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: portland
Posts: 2,900
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
we do indoor tricycling. isaac rides in circles around the furnace/shelves/crap in the basement. i just have to keep the path clear of detritus and it lets him expend a lot of energy when it is rainy out.


i just went out to get some lunch and it is FREEEEEEZING outside!!! : omgawds. isaac didn't even wear a coat to school. oops
jstar is offline  
#444 of 1618 Old 10-09-2008, 06:16 PM
 
InochiZo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NWxSE
Posts: 1,691
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
winter biking is soooooooooooooooooo much better than summer biking, IMO.
What do you like about winter riding. I love to ride, but during the years it is really wet and I get wet coming and going to work several times a week, I get I bit grumpy. I have been really cold even when it is raining and cold too. I really hate being cold. I don't mind being cold if I can get warm fairly quickly but when my hands freeze to the handlebars and it takes hours to get warm that's bad. Fortunately, I haven't had that problem for a few years. All that and I have to say that I get even more grumpy when I have to drive in traffic and should have ridden my bike.
InochiZo is offline  
#445 of 1618 Old 10-09-2008, 06:29 PM
 
EStreetMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,872
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Help...need a restaurant suggestion to take the parents out. They...uh...don't get out much and would like more standard "american" type stuff but this is my one chance to go out to dinner without Owen so I want it to be gooooooood. Not too fancy though. Just simple and good and central.

Any ideas, mamas???

Thanks!!!
EStreetMama is offline  
#446 of 1618 Old 10-09-2008, 06:32 PM
 
PGNPORTLAND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,883
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EStreetMama View Post
Help...need a restaurant suggestion to take the parents out. They...uh...don't get out much and would like more standard "american" type stuff but this is my one chance to go out to dinner without Owen so I want it to be gooooooood. Not too fancy though. Just simple and good and central.

Any ideas, mamas???

Thanks!!!
Yes. Fife. http://www.fiferestaurant.com/ Not cheap but casual. American fare but all extremely good quality - Chef gets food fresh from the farm each day and makes menu according to what's freshest and in season. But not frou-frou. Some things we've had there that were amazing - Short Ribs, Lamb Shank, Crab Cakes . . . Excellent place for a child free night.
PGNPORTLAND is offline  
#447 of 1618 Old 10-09-2008, 06:36 PM
 
EStreetMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,872
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNPORTLAND View Post
Yes. Fife. http://www.fiferestaurant.com/ Not cheap but casual. American fare but all extremely good quality - Chef gets food fresh from the farm each day and makes menu according to what's freshest and in season. But not frou-frou. Some things we've had there that were amazing - Short Ribs, Lamb Shank, Crab Cakes . . . Excellent place for a child free night.
:::

Thank you!!! That's PERFECT.

Totally psyched. We were going to do that Newport whatever down by the river just because it's on the river but....blech.

Thanks!!!
:
EStreetMama is offline  
#448 of 1618 Old 10-09-2008, 06:42 PM
 
PGNPORTLAND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,883
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh, Enjoy, enjoy! :
PGNPORTLAND is offline  
#449 of 1618 Old 10-09-2008, 07:14 PM
 
aniT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon, by way of Cali.
Posts: 16,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just wanted to say that DH reserved the room in Lincoln City (Chinook Winds Casino) where Jeopardy is going to be for an extra night. He didn't want to pay that much but I told him since in 10 years we have gone to Seattle ones and had one vacation he can splurge an extra $50-$75 for the night. I am sure we wont be going anywhere again for another few years so I want to the weekend to be nice.

I am still waiting to hear if Amanda is coming. I wish she wouldn't refuse to do everything with us.

Anyway.. I haveta go get Elizabeth.. then get the kitchen cleaned. bbl this evening.
aniT is offline  
#450 of 1618 Old 10-09-2008, 07:53 PM
 
zeldabee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pee Dee Ecks
Posts: 4,032
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Drive by...

Just had a big employee meeting, found out the results of all those bigwig meetings a few weeks ago. So. Pfeh. They rearranged some managers, and I still have a job.

Also had the meeting at Sprogly's school last night. The upshot of which is that we're giving it three more weeks. There was some improvement, still some concerns, mainly centered around his being able to self-regulate enough to rest/put himself down for a nap when he needs to.

There is a "Circle meeting" at the VFS tonight that I understand is kind of mandatory. It's going to make for another late bedtime, but still, should be interesting.
zeldabee is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off