Spooky October in PDX - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 1618 Old 10-10-2008, 02:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
one of Addys friends is staying here til Sunday. oh man this ROCKS, they are keeping eachother busy, having fun, and staying out of my hair i love friends

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#482 of 1618 Old 10-10-2008, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

so carson's pics were the other day. which one do you like best? or neither?
black background
or
brown background

I'm not sure if I like either one. :

Leslie-mom to Carson and Madison :, Sage Tree :, and Buckbeak, Tonks, and Luna
#483 of 1618 Old 10-10-2008, 04:47 PM

what is up with the reclining pics these days? in my day we had a goofy looking headshot against a clouded sky background.
i think the brown is the best of the two.

i put my ad back on craigslist. http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/roo/874238573.html we need roomies bad. pass it on to anyone you think may be interested in househsaring with us.

#484 of 1618 Old 10-10-2008, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogger View Post
so carson's pics were the other day. which one do you like best? or neither?
black background
or
brown background

I'm not sure if I like either one. :
Were these for school?

+++

Man, oh man, I had another awesome, amazing ride today. I just about to take off from where we were on N. Mississippi, and this teenage boy called me a hottie. I didn't think he was joking, either. It was cute. Gave me enough confidence to get up that hill again, and I think.... faster than yesterday! Yay! Well, OK, even if he was... I don't care.
#485 of 1618 Old 10-10-2008, 05:29 PM

You go, Hedy!!!!!

#486 of 1618 Old 10-10-2008, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldabee View Post
Drive by...

meeting at Sprogly's school last night. The upshot of which is that we're giving it three more weeks. There was some improvement, still some concerns, mainly centered around his being able to self-regulate enough to rest/put himself down for a nap when he needs to.

hey some adults don't even know how to do that!
#487 of 1618 Old 10-10-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post

That bugs me too. We used to be late risers when Lily was really little, and never got going in time for the indoor playground. Now the only way we could participate would be after school, at least for Lily, and they are usually over by the time she's out.

It's so cool that you honor his energy in that way, and allow it to be play time! I know so many people (mainly a relative... starting with a G...) who really don't allow that to happen, and it makes me sad.
well we ain't late risers either, we are just very active- i don't think kieran could stay at home in the house all day would go crazy. he tries on weekends, and cranks out midday. they do have a 1pm for '4-5' yos, i guess for kindys with no recess? i can't remember if that's pennisula or another in NE, but you could swing by on your way home, maybe?

part of the evening deal is daddy gets home at 6:30 at best... we live with it. he snacks. it is one of the times that he HAS to play, that little wedge after nap before bed. when G and G had him for a week, they were told he may or may not sit with them, just feed him what he wants when he's hungry- and he sat with them! and ate cheese... only cheese.

and yet, he won't eat the blue heron cheese THAT HE PICKED!

he's also become the class stripper at school. watch me change clothes RIGHT HERE AND NOW! you are only 3 once
#488 of 1618 Old 10-10-2008, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNPORTLAND View Post
Lydia -

I have a dilemma - I have a counseling appt this morning out by gateway and I have to bring Sophia with me. It ends at 11am. Our first dancing class at Laurelhurst park is at 1:15. It seems crazy to take two buses home for lunch and then have to leave the house again in 45 minutes to make it to Laurelhurst in time for our class. Especiall when I will be on the right busline to just stay on and head to Laurelhurst. If it was going to be a nice day, I'd just pack a lunch and we'd play in the park until class but I don't want to be stuck in the cold rain. Anyone have an idea of where to stop for lunch between 102 and prescott and Laurelhurst park on the 71 line? Cheap? ItS kind of a crazy bus line so you would have to know it i guess . . .
isn't there something at 39th/belmont? that is only a couple of blocks over.

sara, kieran USED to like fire engine, now they are too LOUD.
#489 of 1618 Old 10-10-2008, 06:12 PM

well would she just nap earlier and that be better? i swear 2yos have the world's most energy... see you want a wild afternoon playdate, right? how about swimming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
Good morning! The girls and I are going to take another trip over to N. Mississippi in a little while. Earlier today, because I figured out that it's really not a good idea to go in the afternoons with Ruby, since she falls asleep in the trailer, and won't sleep when I try to put her to bed at night.

I think I'm probably just going to have to be stuck at home between the hours of 3 and dinner time so I can keep that girl awake. Last night was HELL. She's fine during the day, but at night, she becomes incredibly rambunctious and wants to do dangerous things like climb over my head while I'm sitting on the couch, or in one of my big chairs.

If we are in the living room, she tries to jump on the back of the couch, which abuts the big window in the front, and I'm always afraid she's going to go sailing through there. It's so scary! She's only like this, at least to this degree, at night, and only if my attempt to put her to sleep, and that attempt fails. Last night, I finally gave up after an hour and a half.

So... no more late afternoon bike rides for us.

Ugh. My anxiety is back, and my lip is tingling again. What the hell? I've been taking 5HTP for a couple weeks now.

Ooh! I didn't know there was a Laughing Planet there! Cool! I got my fix yesterday, but I LOVE that place!
#490 of 1618 Old 10-10-2008, 07:36 PM

I'm about to go to my first open house for a school for Jake for fall 2009. Eek! I am so nervous and excited at the same time.

We're looking at probably 5-6 different schools in the area to see what would be the best fit. I'm growing up as a parent!!
#491 of 1618 Old 10-10-2008, 07:55 PM

My midwife is consulting with her mentor and we're all going to talk later on in the week. I'm going to get a copy of my ultrasound report so we can assess it ourselves. Everything I've read really seems to support the idea that many second trimester previas resolve before term. We'll have to wait and see when I have another ultrasound in the third trimester, which means many weeks of waiting and wondering, unfortunately, but there's nothing else to do. Blah. I'm glad that I have a wealth of knowledge available to me with my fantastic midwife and her preceptor. I'm feeling slightly less stressed after talking to her again today and doing some reading about it.

Even if you don't like me, can you please think some positive thoughts at my placenta? Thanks.
#492 of 1618 Old 10-10-2008, 07:55 PM

Sophia's first dance class

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=S6303646.flv

It was so fun and funny. The teacher said Sophia was "a hoot".
#493 of 1618 Old 10-10-2008, 08:04 PM

Move, Lydia's placenta, move!

Cute, Pauline

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
#494 of 1618 Old 10-10-2008, 08:10 PM

That was truly heartwarming, Pauline! And I'm not crying, it's allergies, OK! :

Lydia, :

Lee, that's exciting!

Hedy, so you should totally get a MILF shirt now.

Leslie, I like the black background better

~~~

And...Lu is sick! She has brief stints of her normal self, but she's been pretty stuffed up and sad today. I kind of feel like I just smoked a pack of cigarettes, so maybe I'm getting it too.
#495 of 1618 Old 10-10-2008, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
I'm about to go to my first open house for a school for Jake for fall 2009. Eek! I am so nervous and excited at the same time.

We're looking at probably 5-6 different schools in the area to see what would be the best fit. I'm growing up as a parent!!
oh yah, that's mine! ok, it's WEIRD- they did it with no kids this year. Silly. they now claim there is no room... um, then why did you remodel if not to get more room? go back for a class visit later if you really want to know anything or ask the admin lady, she will answer endless questions which some people won't, the rooms don't say much! they have even been kinda messy recently, so why they did the OH now, no idea, other than they keep getting bigger, which has been aggravating. there are many things that i do love about them, but they bug me in ways too. you kinda have to give in a bit, but for me, the sticking points why i am there are the conflict/discipline policies and that he can have his own day, not soemone scheduling him.
#496 of 1618 Old 10-10-2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
can you please think some positive thoughts at my placenta? Thanks.
You have an awesome team to work with Move, placenta!! :

Quote:

Awesome!! She looks soo cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottiew View Post
oh yah, that's mine! ok, it's WEIRD- they did it with no kids this year. Silly. they now claim there is no room... um, then why did you remodel if not to get more room? go back for a class visit later if you really want to know anything or ask the admin lady, she will answer endless questions which some people won't, the rooms don't say much! they have even been kinda messy recently, so why they did the OH now, no idea, other than they keep getting bigger, which has been aggravating. there are many things that i do love about them, but they bug me in ways too. you kinda have to give in a bit, but for me, the sticking points why i am there are the conflict/discipline policies and that he can have his own day, not soemone scheduling him.
Yeah, I just got back!! Boy those administrators like to talk I did love the teachers, though. We really liked it, even my mom (who has been a teacher since she graduated from college, so some high standards there!). However, I have nothing to compare it to. We are going to visit some other places soon so I will have something to compare it to. Jake had fun playing with everything. And the place was spotless, not messy at all, but what do you expect from an open house?
#497 of 1618 Old 10-10-2008, 09:30 PM

Quote:

OMG Pauline, that was adorable!

Quote:
You have an awesome team to work with Move, placenta!! :

Awesome!! She looks soo cute.

Yeah, I just got back!! Boy those administrators like to talk I did love the teachers, though. We really liked it, even my mom (who has been a teacher since she graduated from college, so some high standards there!). However, I have nothing to compare it to. We are going to visit some other places soon so I will have something to compare it to. Jake had fun playing with everything. And the place was spotless, not messy at all, but what do you expect from an open house?
I'm glad it went well! Yay!

+++

Ha ha. MILF shirt.
#498 of 1618 Old 10-10-2008, 10:15 PM - Thread Starter

Hedy yes for school.

Pauline, she is adorable! I wish it was a better time for us, maybe next time it would work

#499 of 1618 Old 10-10-2008, 10:57 PM

Leslie, does he have to use them, or can you go with someone independent if you want? :
#500 of 1618 Old 10-10-2008, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter

I don't have to purchase them. It's a small local company (I kinda wonder if this is her first year). that's kinda why I feel like I should purchase, but I guess in my heart, I'm not completely in love with his pics.

I might just purchase the class photo.

#501 of 1618 Old 10-10-2008, 11:58 PM

Ugh. An ex co-worker of mine miscarried with a 36 week old baby. It's catching me at random moments and ripping my heart out. What does a distant acquaintance say to someone with such pain in their heart?

Quote:

I still don't understand!! Is it pre-school??? Your boy is a year younger than Nico, right? Did I totally slack off and forget about Nico starting school this year????? It's like a "naked in front of an auditorium filled with people" nightmare. Shudder.

Happy Very Very Late Birthday, BTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post

Even if you don't like me, can you please think some positive thoughts at my placenta? Thanks.
Positive vibes from people who likey like you are even better: :

Quote:

OMFG!!! CUUUUUUUUUUUTE! I'm totally happy and know it now, to my bones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
~~~

And...Lu is sick! She has brief stints of her normal self, but she's been pretty stuffed up and sad today. I kind of feel like I just smoked a pack of cigarettes, so maybe I'm getting it too.
Awe. Better vibes your way.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#502 of 1618 Old 10-11-2008, 12:16 AM

Sara~ Oh my goodness! How sad... My heart goes out to her...

Lydia~ Sending some good moving placenta vibes! keep us updated...sounds like you are in good hands!

Pauline~ Adorable...sniff, sniff...Sophia's so cute!

Hedy~ Work it momma!

Lee~ We've had Madden on a list since I was pregnant w/him...jaiden and daphne had the same preschool teacher, but I'm really not looking forward to him going...hmmm...It's still a ways off, but we don't really have much to choose from out here. How's Jake healing, poor lil guy!

Tiffany~ Good luck finding a housemate!
#503 of 1618 Old 10-11-2008, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Ugh. An ex co-worker of mine miscarried with a 36 week old baby. It's catching me at random moments and ripping my heart out. What does a distant acquaintance say to someone with such pain in their heart?
"I'm sorry for your loss."

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
#504 of 1618 Old 10-11-2008, 12:39 AM

omg. for like the millionth time my mom is in the kitchen, which is fairly open, soundwise, to the front room, where i am trying to nurse the baby to sleep, slamming dishes into the machine and running the disposal. ugh. every freaking night it seems she has some reason to be loud. keeps the baby awake. i would nurse her to sleep in bed, but DH puts Addy to sleep in there and it just doesnt work doing the two of their bedtimes at the same time.
:
we get NO respect here.

#505 of 1618 Old 10-11-2008, 12:41 AM

oh Sara thats so sad. i would probably just say "i'm sorry for your loss"

#506 of 1618 Old 10-11-2008, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogger View Post
I don't have to purchase them. It's a small local company (I kinda wonder if this is her first year). that's kinda why I feel like I should purchase, but I guess in my heart, I'm not completely in love with his pics.

I might just purchase the class photo.
Ah got it. Well, yeah... I know how that goes. Although being on the other end of it where my parents never purchased school pix of me because they hated them every year until I was 15 and finally blossomed, looking "normal", I kinda wish they had.

But... if you ever want a photo CD of something better, I take them just for fun! No charge. I can also recommend a decent print shop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post

I still don't understand!! Is it pre-school??? Your boy is a year younger than Nico, right? Did I totally slack off and forget about Nico starting school this year????? It's like a "naked in front of an auditorium filled with people" nightmare. Shudder.
1. OMG. I'm so sorry, first of all, that you know someone going through this, How horrible! I could not even begin to imagine what she must be going through, so what you are experiencing isn't at all weird.

I agree with what everyone else has said, that a simple "I'm sorry for your loss" is appropriate.

Wow. Just wow.

2. Lily didn't start preschool until she was 4, so you still have time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsythia View Post

Hedy~ Work it momma!
Heh heh! Thanks!
#507 of 1618 Old 10-11-2008, 01:04 AM

Sara - We're not planning on doing preschool til Sophia is 4 either so don't worry!

Lee - Let us know how all the schools turn out. I am excited for you and this new step in the parenting journey!
#508 of 1618 Old 10-11-2008, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Sara - We're not planning on doing preschool til Sophia is 4 either so don't worry!
well, my son started at 4 as well - and i wish he hadn't - ever. so there are all kinds of options!
#509 of 1618 Old 10-11-2008, 01:29 AM

Suriya has suddenly decided she loves Barbie. Ugh. Gag!
#510 of 1618 Old 10-11-2008, 01:44 AM

Yeah, Addy is obsessed. i told her she could have one when she was 16.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page