Spooky October in PDX - Page 23 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#661 of 1618 Old 10-15-2008, 12:57 AM
 
karen1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Milwaukie, OR
Posts: 3,455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
Well, it's less than 60 words per minute, so it isn't THAT fast. And I only did that a couple of times, when I was REALLY in the zone. I think most of the time I wrote more like 1000 words per hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
So today was my first full day of work in ages. In an office.

I forgot how much I hate fluoroscent lights. Came home with a massive headache.

Other than that, I LOVED it
I'm glad it was a good day overall. I hate fluorescent lights, too. I used to work in a small office, and we kept the overheads off unless we had clients or other company. It was so much nicer with just task lighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Oh man. I forgot to mention I had the scare of my life today.

I'm so happy my baby is in bed. :
Oh, wow! That would be so scary! We had something similar - though not as serious - the other day when we'd just come home and all of a sudden couldn't find Chase ANYWHERE. We finally looked behind the closed doors, and found him in the one room he is never supposed to be in. Whew! DH thought I'd closed the door, and I thought he'd closed the door. Turns out we'd both left it open and Chase had closed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post

Mine are both asleep. Finally. I had to turn all of the lights off in the house, so that Ruby wouldn't be distracted. Still took over an hour to get her to sleep, but she needs to go to bed this early, or she is miserable in the morning.
That distractibility is awful, isn't it? Chase is so on/off with nursing these days, it drives me nuts.

I hope you figure out a way to control the anxiety. FWIW, I second Candice's suggestion for counseling. I went through a really rough patch a few years ago, and in retrospect, I really wish I'd gotten counseling or therapy of some sort. Instead it took me close to three years to deal with something that should have been behind me much sooner. When I found myself in a similar rough patch a couple of years ago, I found a counselor and felt immeasurably better in just a couple of sessions.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
karen1968 is offline  
#662 of 1618 Old 10-15-2008, 12:57 AM
 
Hedy B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,778
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNPORTLAND View Post
Wish I could, Hedy . . . I do childcare until 2 and then I am doing another research group at 5. You have been on my mind alot today even though I wasn't able to respond earlier. Anxiety is so so rough. I have definitely been down that road in a major way and still struggle with it to a degree. I see you doing so many things that help anxiety - the way you take care of yourself, healthwise and especially the exercise. I wish I had gotten serious about those things when my anxiety started. It really does help. If you are drinking any coffee at all, I would seriously consider cutting it out completely. I would agree with talking with a counselor as well. If you can get out some of the scary feelings you may be having, your body might stop trying to manifest your emotions in a physical way.
Yeah, that makes sense. I can't believe how everything seems to be connected, even when I try to be in denial about it. But yeah, that's what it feels like to a degree, like my brain is most certainly manifesting all of these awful symptoms that feel so real, and then confuses the hell out of me, because I think things like: "Well, what if this is real? What if I really am having this problem? What if what I think is logic is actually denial?"

Ugh. I just need to figure out how to make myself shut up. I'm driving myself crazy!

I don't know if you've seen Annie Hall, but lately, I can REALLY relate to Woody Allen's character in that movie.
Hedy B. is offline  
#663 of 1618 Old 10-15-2008, 02:09 AM
 
SleepyMamaBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vancouver, Wa
Posts: 9,050
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Susannah, what is ESD and how do i get that?! $34 is our insurance co-pay. we get 30 visits per year. but if something else will help cover the cost i am all over that.

Hedy again.

Lee, i'm sorry you got the dreaded flourescent headache. . hows it feel to be in an office?

Sarah OMG that sounds terrifying. i am so glad he is in bed now too
Nadine, that also sounds terrifying. , even tho its past.

Pauline, we have had the "if i get lost" talk. and the "stragerdanger" talk. we say if she gets seperated from us. to stay as still as possible, not run around. to find a mommy with kids, or a grandma, and tell them she is seperated from her adult (mommy, daddy, nana, papa, etc whomever she is with). and if a stranger tries to take her, to hit them in the nose, poke them in the eyes, and kick them in the testicles. and to NEVER go with a stranger without one of us. even if they have kitties, puppies, or candy.

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
SleepyMamaBear is offline  
#664 of 1618 Old 10-15-2008, 02:21 AM
 
dani76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Oregon :)
Posts: 3,708
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tiffany, does she know that "bad strangers" can be women too? It just struck me that for safety she should go to a mom/grandma, and that she should kick the stranger in the testicles.

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
dani76 is offline  
#665 of 1618 Old 10-15-2008, 02:35 AM
 
Phoenix_Rising's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In my head
Posts: 3,229
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyMamaBear View Post
Susannah, what is ESD and how do i get that?! $34 is our insurance co-pay. we get 30 visits per year. but if something else will help cover the cost i am all over that.
Okay, so this is how we are getting services for Keagan. It is funded by taxes. If you choose to try and get services for Addy through ESD they will have you and Morgan fill out a questionnaire about her - what she can/can't do type of things. Then they meet with you and Addy and do their own evaluation. We found out the same day of the eval that Keagan was eligible for services. I know for sure that some of the services they offer are preschool, play groups, OT, PT, speech therapy. They can have someone go to your house or you can go to them for appointments.

Here is the applicable page for the Portland area ESD website. I know if we had to pay for Keagan's appointments there is no way we could have him getting all of the help that he is now. HTH!

ETA: I know that you are homeschooling - we are planning to as well. The ESD will tell you that if Addy gets services through them it will not affect your ability to homeschool. According to one of my homeschooling guru friends, you won't have any issues until the fall that the child will turn 7 - but then the school district will do everything in their power to get the child in school because they get lots more $$$ for serving kids with a dx. You can take your child out of services with ESD at any point in time, but it does get more difficult once it is the fall they will be turning 7.

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
Phoenix_Rising is offline  
#666 of 1618 Old 10-15-2008, 02:35 AM
 
Phoenix_Rising's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In my head
Posts: 3,229
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dani76 View Post
Tiffany, does she know that "bad strangers" can be women too?
I was wondering the same thing.

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
Phoenix_Rising is offline  
#667 of 1618 Old 10-15-2008, 03:12 AM
 
PGNPORTLAND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,883
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dani76 View Post
Tiffany, does she know that "bad strangers" can be women too? It just struck me that for safety she should go to a mom/grandma, and that she should kick the stranger in the testicles.
And that "bad people" aren't always, or even usually strangers but rather people she knows . . .

But we were talking about stranger situations.

I do agree with going to a woman for help, especially a mother. It's seems unlikely that a mother of small children would turn away a child needing help.
PGNPORTLAND is offline  
#668 of 1618 Old 10-15-2008, 03:18 AM
 
SleepyMamaBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vancouver, Wa
Posts: 9,050
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dani76 View Post
Tiffany, does she know that "bad strangers" can be women too? It just struck me that for safety she should go to a mom/grandma, and that she should kick the stranger in the testicles.
yes. thats why we say mommy WITH kids. or a grandma. and the testicles is if the person has them, but really male or female it hurts being kicked there. but we focus on eyes and nose mostly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susannah M View Post
Okay, so this is how we are getting services for Keagan. It is funded by taxes. If you choose to try and get services for Addy through ESD they will have you and Morgan fill out a questionnaire about her - what she can/can't do type of things. Then they meet with you and Addy and do their own evaluation. We found out the same day of the eval that Keagan was eligible for services. I know for sure that some of the services they offer are preschool, play groups, OT, PT, speech therapy. They can have someone go to your house or you can go to them for appointments.

Here is the applicable page for the Portland area ESD website. I know if we had to pay for Keagan's appointments there is no way we could have him getting all of the help that he is now. HTH!

ETA: I know that you are homeschooling - we are planning to as well. The ESD will tell you that if Addy gets services through them it will not affect your ability to homeschool. According to one of my homeschooling guru friends, you won't have any issues until the fall that the child will turn 7 - but then the school district will do everything in their power to get the child in school because they get lots more $$$ for serving kids with a dx. You can take your child out of services with ESD at any point in time, but it does get more difficult once it is the fall they will be turning 7.
wow great info. thanks
we really like the OT she iswith now, she just got settled, and told me she wishes she could go everyday. so i think another eval and change in OT could possibly be negative. hmmm, i will still look into it to see if we can get the financial help put towards her current OT.

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
SleepyMamaBear is offline  
#669 of 1618 Old 10-15-2008, 03:21 AM
 
Phoenix_Rising's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In my head
Posts: 3,229
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyMamaBear View Post
wow great info. thanks
we really like the OT she iswith now, she just got settled, and told me she wishes she could go everyday. so i think another eval and change in OT could possibly be negative. hmmm, i will still look into it to see if we can get the financial help put towards her current OT.
Sure thing
I'm not sure about getting $$ toward a current OT, but I do know that if someone wants to do a community preschool instead of the ESD preschool, they do pay for part of it.

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
Phoenix_Rising is offline  
#670 of 1618 Old 10-15-2008, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter
 
frogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: p-town
Posts: 4,704
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
Is that what those "Eat A Lime!" stickers are all about?
yep

Leslie-mom to Carson and Madison :, Sage Tree :, and Buckbeak, Tonks, and Luna
frogger is offline  
#671 of 1618 Old 10-15-2008, 01:16 PM
 
ancoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Round Rock, Texas
Posts: 1,263
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Oh man. I forgot to mention I had the scare of my life today. Nico and I were playing outside and I ran back to the house to go to the bathroom. When I went back to the backyard, the gate was open and I didn't see Nico. I could barely breath as I ran around the backyard calling for him, stood at the top of the basement and called him, ran to the alley way, the front yard, screaming for him. Hardest thing ever, I stopped looking to run back to the house and grab my cell phone. At the same moment I dialed the last 1 in 911 I saw him dash around a corner in the backyard. Talk about WHEW. I thought life was over.

Damn that gate. At least I got a good scare to light a fire under fixing the latch on that thing. And a reminder that I should start talking to Nico about staying in the back yard, and what to do when he hears mommy screaming. I think he thought we were playing hide and seek.

I'm so happy my baby is in bed. :
That would have been so horribly scary. Glad he is ok.

oAlisha- eternal companion to mike:, mother to three energetic boys (02):, (05), and (07) and one sweet little girl 3/13.  Two in heaven.7/21/2010, 11/05/2011 mecry.gif.

ancoda is offline  
#672 of 1618 Old 10-15-2008, 01:32 PM
 
SleepyMamaBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vancouver, Wa
Posts: 9,050
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oh my motha effing gee.
when we came out of our room this morning we were met with destruction and chaos.
my moms 12mo puppy, and our 5 month puppy destroyed her leather chair. they dug a hole out of the center. there is foam and leather everywhere.
our pup sleeps with them at night, because he is a dog and dogs roam in packs, and my parents two shih tzus sleep with them, so he does too.
they dont crate the dogs in the morning before they head to work while i ams till asleep.
and this is the result.
omg the hole is HUGE, and completely unrepairable.
this is bad.
this is SO bad!

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
SleepyMamaBear is offline  
#673 of 1618 Old 10-15-2008, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter
 
frogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: p-town
Posts: 4,704
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
eek!

Leslie-mom to Carson and Madison :, Sage Tree :, and Buckbeak, Tonks, and Luna
frogger is offline  
#674 of 1618 Old 10-15-2008, 02:45 PM
 
SleepyMamaBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vancouver, Wa
Posts: 9,050
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i know she is going to want us to replace her chair. its a NICE chair. we dont have the $ to.
plus, not to point fingers, but they are the ones who refuse to crate the dogs.
*sigh* its really bad.
i cleaned up all the shrapnel. it was everywhere. even down the hallway.... omg they are terrors!!!!

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
SleepyMamaBear is offline  
#675 of 1618 Old 10-15-2008, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter
 
frogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: p-town
Posts: 4,704
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tiff, would she be willing to split the cost of the chair since you can't determine exactly which dog it was?

Leslie-mom to Carson and Madison :, Sage Tree :, and Buckbeak, Tonks, and Luna
frogger is offline  
#676 of 1618 Old 10-15-2008, 03:02 PM
 
aniT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon, by way of Cali.
Posts: 16,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tiff I am really sorry. I wonder if that is something their homeowners insurance will cover. I know if your kid scratches a neighbors car with their bike or what not your home owners insurance will pay for that. Might be something to look into.

OK.. two questions.. first what is wrong with my soaker? I got it about a month ago. I lanolized it and it was fine. However spots keep appearing on it. The more I use it the more spots. I have washed it in Eucalan (cause that is what the local yarn shop carries) and they wont wash out. And the more we use it.. the more spots appear. Any idea?

2nd questions. On Sunday when we got home DH replaced the blower to the fireplace as the old one was broke. It had shown up while we were gone. I asked him to clean up his mess. I asked him to clean up his mess again on Monday since he was off due to a holiday. I again asked him to clean up his mess when he got home from work last night. As you can see.... it still sits there. Would you clean it up, or leave it and continue to nag him to clean it up? It's behind the gate so the kids can't get to it but it is annoying me.

He NEVER cleans up after himself. He leaves tools, garbage, dishes, everything laying all over the house for me to pick up. When I ask him to pick it up I get yeah yeah yeah but he never does. Elizabeth also does this. So I feel if I pick up his mess, it will not only reinforce if he leaves it there long enough I will clean it up.. but it will be sending the same message to the kids. Then again.. I am sick of this house looking like a tornado zone cause no one will pick up after themselves. Ug.

http://picasaweb.google.com/anit.pic...40742734196482
aniT is offline  
#677 of 1618 Old 10-15-2008, 03:54 PM
 
SleepyMamaBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vancouver, Wa
Posts: 9,050
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tina,
1 those spots look ALMOST like lanolin spots.
my suggestion is to buy some woolwash from Ewe Need It hyena cart, she has lovely scents, and they are full of disolved lanolin. wash your soaker by hand with some dishsoap to get the spots out. then wash with the afore mentioned wool wash.
2. morgan is a slob too.
bigtime.
so i empathize. we just end up fighting about it.
in our house we have the "i'm not your freaking maid you are a grown up clean up after your self" rule. i say put your foot down.

maybe homeowners insurance will replace the chair.
its not SOOO expensive. but its enough that we cannot pay for it. even half.
i dread her coming home.

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
SleepyMamaBear is offline  
#678 of 1618 Old 10-15-2008, 04:09 PM
 
karen1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Milwaukie, OR
Posts: 3,455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tian, this probably won't be at all helpful, but when I was in college I had a roommate like that. The last straw was when she took off for Thanksgiving, leaving the kitchen a mess - milk and pancakes on the table, dirty dishes in the sink and on the stove. I did the dishes and put the milk away, but I put the pancakes in her bed! Too bad she never realized I'd done it or why Some people are just like that, and nagging and stressing won't really make them change. Unfortunately.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
karen1968 is offline  
#679 of 1618 Old 10-15-2008, 05:00 PM
 
aniT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon, by way of Cali.
Posts: 16,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
She didn't notice pancakes in her bed?

My main problem well besides having to do everything.. is Elizabeth thinking this type of behaivor is OK. I already get the just a second from her.. and three hours later. I really have to be ontop of her or she wont do what needs done. Levi is a grown up and over a foot taller than me.. can't really ground him or anything.
aniT is offline  
#680 of 1618 Old 10-15-2008, 05:35 PM
 
Lovely's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: In a DNA world
Posts: 2,448
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
I think I need to focus on getting enough sleep and not drinking even decaf coffee, because even THAT made me extra anxious after I had some this morning. It got so bad that I sobbed uncontrollably for a while. Think I might switch to Rooibos so I feel like I'm at least getting something in the morning to replace it, because it's become such a fixture, even if it is decaf.
Sounds like giving up coffee might be worth trying. I read something about decaf coffee actually not being good for your body because of the chemicals they use to strip the coffee of the caffeine. Regular coffee is actually better for you. Unfortunately I can't do regular coffee so drinking any coffee is just a no-go for me, boo-hoo! At least it is cold now so I can get hot chocolates spiked with peppermint again. Yum!
Lovely is offline  
#681 of 1618 Old 10-15-2008, 06:34 PM
 
papayapetunia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SE Portland, OR
Posts: 5,137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sigh. WWYD? The designer I paid to make my business cards and design a magazine ad has dropped off the face of the earth. She finished the ads, and finished the design for the cards, but I haven't gotten them yet. I don't know how long I should wait around. My emails have gone unanswered for over a week. She recently got married, so she could be on her honeymoon, but she didn't tell me that. I'm just speculating. Up until she dropped off the face of the earth, she was really good about updating me and everything. She has over 100 positive feedback reviews on Etsy and no negatives. What should I do?
papayapetunia is offline  
#682 of 1618 Old 10-15-2008, 06:37 PM
 
dani76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Oregon :)
Posts: 3,708
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Was this from the person I used? She seemed to be pretty quick about getting back to me. Maybe give it a few more days? She could be out of town like you said. Does it say anything on her etsy page?

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
dani76 is offline  
#683 of 1618 Old 10-15-2008, 06:37 PM
 
PGNPORTLAND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,883
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Did you pay her anything yet?


I'm sure that you were happy with the designs she had done but if it turns out she has indeed vanished with them, I know that Korin had some beautiful business cards and pamphlets made up for herself. Maybe you could ask her who did hers . . .

That blows though . . .
PGNPORTLAND is offline  
#684 of 1618 Old 10-15-2008, 06:42 PM
 
Hedy B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,778
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogger View Post
yep
Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post
Tian, this probably won't be at all helpful, but when I was in college I had a roommate like that. The last straw was when she took off for Thanksgiving, leaving the kitchen a mess - milk and pancakes on the table, dirty dishes in the sink and on the stove. I did the dishes and put the milk away, but I put the pancakes in her bed! Too bad she never realized I'd done it or why Some people are just like that, and nagging and stressing won't really make them change. Unfortunately.
: I did something similar to a roommate who had a George Foreman grill but lost the grease trap for it, so the grease would run down the counter top, onto the floor. At the time I was a vegan, and was incredibly grossed out by this.

I would usually clean it up because... uh, worse to leave it be, and I was always the first one up the next morning, and he would cook his dinner at 10:30 PM usually, so I'd see the aftermath in the morning.

Anyway, one day he had it positioned on the counter just above the silverware drawer. Grease did run into the silverware drawer, and I had to take the entire thing out and not only wash the drawer but everything in it. At that point, I held the damn thing hostage. Not in our apartment, but at my parents' house, across town.

Ooh, he was mad! But he used a small plate under the damn thing after that. I never had to clean the grease again!

Again, probably not the most helpful thing, Tina, but I can laugh about it a decade later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
Sounds like giving up coffee might be worth trying. I read something about decaf coffee actually not being good for your body because of the chemicals they use to strip the coffee of the caffeine. Regular coffee is actually better for you. Unfortunately I can't do regular coffee so drinking any coffee is just a no-go for me, boo-hoo! At least it is cold now so I can get hot chocolates spiked with peppermint again. Yum!

Yeah, can you PM me your tea making friend's info again? :
Hedy B. is offline  
#685 of 1618 Old 10-15-2008, 06:44 PM
 
SleepyMamaBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vancouver, Wa
Posts: 9,050
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oh Candice that sucks. i hope its just an untold honeymoon.

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
SleepyMamaBear is offline  
#686 of 1618 Old 10-15-2008, 06:58 PM
 
papayapetunia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SE Portland, OR
Posts: 5,137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dani76 View Post
Was this from the person I used? She seemed to be pretty quick about getting back to me. Maybe give it a few more days? She could be out of town like you said. Does it say anything on her etsy page?
It's the same person. I know, she's been reliable up until a week or so ago. That's why I feel like something may be going on. It doesn't say anything on her page though.

I did already pay her. I hate this! I'm glad that I at tleast got the ads taken care of. Business cards aren't the #1 most important thing ever. It's just kind of awkward when someone asks for one and I don't have one.
papayapetunia is offline  
#687 of 1618 Old 10-15-2008, 07:07 PM
 
aniT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon, by way of Cali.
Posts: 16,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hedy that is just gross and I am not even vegan. Common sense would put the thing over the sink at least.... or yea.. a plate.. but don't just let it run all over the floor. Sounds like something my 9 year old would do.
aniT is offline  
#688 of 1618 Old 10-15-2008, 07:36 PM
 
Hedy B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,778
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
Sounds like giving up coffee might be worth trying. I read something about decaf coffee actually not being good for your body because of the chemicals they use to strip the coffee of the caffeine. Regular coffee is actually better for you. Unfortunately I can't do regular coffee so drinking any coffee is just a no-go for me, boo-hoo! At least it is cold now so I can get hot chocolates spiked with peppermint again. Yum!
Oh, forgot to add... I usually only drink Organic, fair trade, SWP decaf. My friend Amanda read a book I've been meaning to read for a while called "Skinny Bitch" that talks, in part, about why conventional coffee is a huuuuuge : I'm wondering, though, if there is still an negligible amount of caffeine coming through, or perhaps they messed up my order yesterday. That's the first time that's happened with decaf for me. Could have just been that I was lacking sleep, and already upset.

I've been intrigued about the tea you speak of however. Need to get over to Sellwood sometime very soon to check it out!

Or... what about tecchino grain? Has anyone researched that stuff? I tried some at People's once and while it wasn't coffee, it wasn't bad. I think it could be passable for me for the time being. I just really love the taste of coffee. Really, truly, lurrrrve. This is going to be hard. Hard, I tell you!

Not that I'm making excuses... Just wondering... could there still be something in Organic Fair Trade SWP decaf that would mess me up?

I was a good girl today and just drank water. I feel OK, so that's good!


Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
Sigh. WWYD? The designer I paid to make my business cards and design a magazine ad has dropped off the face of the earth. She finished the ads, and finished the design for the cards, but I haven't gotten them yet. I don't know how long I should wait around. My emails have gone unanswered for over a week. She recently got married, so she could be on her honeymoon, but she didn't tell me that. I'm just speculating. Up until she dropped off the face of the earth, she was really good about updating me and everything. She has over 100 positive feedback reviews on Etsy and no negatives. What should I do?
I would give her a few more days, or another week. I was gone on my honeymoon for 16 days. Not great, I realize, since you are ready for your cards, but... sometimes they can go for a bit. It sounds like she's normally reliable, and just forgot to say anything about possibly going on a trip for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
Hedy that is just gross and I am not even vegan. Common sense would put the thing over the sink at least.... or yea.. a plate.. but don't just let it run all over the floor. Sounds like something my 9 year old would do.
Yeah. Sink would have been the best option. I wonder if he ever learned. I was 21 and he was 20 at the time.
Hedy B. is offline  
#689 of 1618 Old 10-15-2008, 08:23 PM
 
dani76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Oregon :)
Posts: 3,708
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Candice, it does say to give 2 weeks for business cards. Maybe they are on their way?

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
dani76 is offline  
#690 of 1618 Old 10-15-2008, 11:27 PM
 
ancoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Round Rock, Texas
Posts: 1,263
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
2nd questions. On Sunday when we got home DH replaced the blower to the fireplace as the old one was broke. It had shown up while we were gone. I asked him to clean up his mess. I asked him to clean up his mess again on Monday since he was off due to a holiday. I again asked him to clean up his mess when he got home from work last night. As you can see.... it still sits there. Would you clean it up, or leave it and continue to nag him to clean it up? It's behind the gate so the kids can't get to it but it is annoying me.

He NEVER cleans up after himself. He leaves tools, garbage, dishes, everything laying all over the house for me to pick up. When I ask him to pick it up I get yeah yeah yeah but he never does. Elizabeth also does this. So I feel if I pick up his mess, it will not only reinforce if he leaves it there long enough I will clean it up.. but it will be sending the same message to the kids. Then again.. I am sick of this house looking like a tornado zone cause no one will pick up after themselves. Ug.

http://picasaweb.google.com/anit.pic...40742734196482

I truthfully would leave it for him. That is just the type of person I am. I would remind him early in the day of the next day he has free that he promised to clean up his mess and not give into excuses or anything like that. He is a grown adult and he needs to set an example to your children that people clean up after themselves.

oAlisha- eternal companion to mike:, mother to three energetic boys (02):, (05), and (07) and one sweet little girl 3/13.  Two in heaven.7/21/2010, 11/05/2011 mecry.gif.

ancoda is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off