Spooky October in PDX - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 1618 Old 10-04-2008, 03:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The best parts of my day Addyspost-bath hug-o-doom, Niamh taking two steps, talking to a good friend on yahoo chat.
An embarrassing moment from my past so many to choose from! being walked in on? by my grandma. i was alone.
If I had to eat only one food for the rest of my life it would be chocolate

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#182 of 1618 Old 10-04-2008, 03:22 AM

Go Niamh!

Thanks for not leaving me hanging girls . . .
#183 of 1618 Old 10-04-2008, 03:23 AM

The best part of my day was Keagan going to sleep with Allison! (This is only the second time in more than a month it has happened)

An embarrassing moment from my past
is having my previous supervisor ask me how I could be pregnant. Umm. Birds and the bees dude, birds and the bees.

If I had to eat only one food for the rest of my life it would be
breads. I love bread. If Keagan tests negative for gluten sensitivities it is the first thing I will eat. : Dave's Killer Bread :

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
#184 of 1618 Old 10-04-2008, 03:23 AM

The best parts of my day

Every day when I get out of bed, 4 pairs of little feet come pounding down the hallway to see who can get a mommy hug first. This morning Winter was first and he said "I love you whole bunches, my mommy."

Also watching those awful baby shows on TLC (Baby Story, etc.) with Suriya and every time she sees a baby she goes "Awww! Baby!" So freaking cute.

An Embarrassing moment from my past

In 5th grade I was in a play and I had to sing. OMG. It was so scary. Anyway, I finished my song and forgot I had lines to say after the song. So I started to put my microphone back, and my teacher whisper-yelled to me from the audience "Psst, you forgot your lines!" and everyone laughed at me. I skipped the rest of the play and hid in the bathroom.

Lasagna. Especially the kind from Olive Garden. Fake and probably microwaved but oh so good.
#185 of 1618 Old 10-04-2008, 03:40 AM

The best parts of my day - Eating my special egg drop soup breakfast with Lu and having her say to me, "Eggy-dop soup so special," and, "You look peedy, Mama," and, "I love you, Mama."

An embarrassing moment from my past - In law school, I spent weeks preparing for an oral argument before three judges. After I gave my argument, one of the judges said that I sounded like a valley girl. Then I started crying. It was awful. I got an A in the class though, and one of the (female) judges actually insisted that I throw my water bottle at the judge who said I sounded like a valley girl. Still, after all that prep, it cut pretty deeply.

If I had to eat only one food for the rest of my life it would be - Eggy-dop soup! Or risotto. :
#186 of 1618 Old 10-04-2008, 03:56 AM
Joi

The Best part of my day: Was hanging out with MNM Riv and Grey all on the floor drawing while Grey and River played this game that they made up. River would pretend that she was sleeping then Grey would say "wake up Reevah" and kiss her.

An embarrassing moment from my past:
When I was in Rainbow I had to go around the state visiting the other chapters (I was a state officer and one of our jobs was to go and watch them perform some rituals and give speeches and stuff) So, one of the things we had to do was this salute where you place your hand over your heart and bow. Well, I didn't notice that the pew in front of me was so low and when I went to bow you could hear my head crack on that sucker about a block away. Luckily there was no blood.

If I had to eat only one food for the rest of my life it would be:
Probably pasta because you can have it 1000000 ways.
#187 of 1618 Old 10-04-2008, 04:08 AM

The best parts of my day - going w/Daphne on her field trip to the pumpkin patch, along with Sophie in the sling and Madden. Going grocery shopping w/dh and our littles and having food in the house...and Madden being so proud of his independant self, shouting "I DID IT!" with a big smile!

An embarrassing moment from my past - getting caught makin' out with a customer after work by my boss...I don't know if my boss knew he was a customer, but he did ask me about how my night went...especially since I just got my tongue pierced...

If I had to eat only one food for the rest of my life it would be - pasta
#188 of 1618 Old 10-04-2008, 12:48 PM

#189 of 1618 Old 10-04-2008, 01:09 PM

The best parts of my day -coming downstairs with a raging headache, barely awake and Dakota (shining with happiness, i might add) saying, we cleaned up the living room! And, he adds, mom, it is your day, i want you to relax because you work so hard. Sniff. Snort.

An embarrassing moment from my past - one of the first times i was ever in a church, it was the very first day of my very first and everyone stood up to sing, and i fainted dead away, and my mom whispering, quite loudly, "she had her first period today".

If I had to eat only one food for the rest of my life it would be - sushi
#190 of 1618 Old 10-04-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
If you haven't yet, just wait till you read Fierce Invalids Home from Hot Climates. One of my favorites. I laughed the whole way through.
oh, i can't wait! :
#191 of 1618 Old 10-04-2008, 01:25 PM

The best parts of my day waking up with a husband who wasn't already gone to work and snuggling and having Jake climb all over us and laughing. Then making our Saturday morning pancakes. :

An embarrassing moment from my past in 5th grade I was in a church play The Best Christmas Pagent Ever. I played Gladys, and pretty much my only line in the whole play was to pop out and yell "Shazam!", interuppting someone. During the rehearsals I was spot-on, but during the actual performance I was distracted or something and there was a looooooong silence before I finally popped out and yelled Shazam. The entire audience laughed. Oh well.

If I had to eat only one food for the rest of my life it would be orange honeydew melon
#192 of 1618 Old 10-04-2008, 03:08 PM

Today is Todd's birthday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post

If I had to eat only one food for the rest of my life it would be orange honeydew melon
Is that the kind of melon that looks like a squash but isn't?
#193 of 1618 Old 10-04-2008, 03:16 PM

The best parts of my day so far: Ruby bouncing over my body in bed, saying: Wake up! Wake up! Then going Kabuki! Kabuki! KaaaaahhhhBUki!

Something embarrassing from my past It was the last day of the semester when I was in the 9th grade. We had our math final, and when we were done, we were allowed to go to the back of the class and quietly socialize. So, I found an empty desk and sat by my friends. The back of the chair wasn't on there securely, and it fell off the back of the chair, taking me with it. Yes. hilarity ensued... I ripped the back of my shorts, and had to go to the emergency clothing stash at the front office to find something to wear for the rest of the day. I'm sure you could guess that what was in there was kind of mortifying.

If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life it would probably be Hummus!
#194 of 1618 Old 10-04-2008, 03:21 PM

Happy Birthday Todd!!!!

i am SICK.
like put me back in bed sick.
anyone else have the cold from hell?

#195 of 1618 Old 10-04-2008, 03:32 PM

Parkrose Farmer's Market has spray free peaches for 1.50 a lb. It's the PD farms stand with the grass fed beef. They are really ripe and delicious and not mealy. You'd have to eat them right now or freeze them but it's a great price. I am starting to get really anxious about the farmer's markets being over and feeling like buying up everything in bulk.
#196 of 1618 Old 10-04-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNPORTLAND View Post
Parkrose Farmer's Market has spray free peaches for 1.50 a lb. It's the PD farms stand with the grass fed beef. They are really ripe and delicious and not mealy. You'd have to eat them right now or freeze them but it's a great price. I am starting to get really anxious about the farmer's markets being over and feeling like buying up everything in bulk.
Tuesday was the last day Thompson Farms was open here in town. I went and bought a HUGE bag of apples, some peaches and plumb.

Right now I am looking for a you pick or something for apples and pears so I can make apple sauce and or can them. Anyone know of one?
#197 of 1618 Old 10-04-2008, 04:33 PM

The best parts of my day so far:

Right now Amelia is snuggled up on my shoulder sleeping, and Maddy is being a goofball and dancing around with a broom! I love my girls. :

Something embarrassing from my past:

When I was in kindergarten, sometimes I would not make it to the toilet. However, I was prepared and carried extra panties in my bag. Well, I had a slight accident and changed my undies in the bathroom but my pants didn't have a pocket so I stuck them under the waistband and carefully covered with my shirt. I guess they weren't secure enough because as I was walking back to class, I heard, "hey, you dropped your underwear!" A group of 6th graders saw my panties fall out my pant leg and they were all cracking up as I grabbed my panties and ran! I never told anyone about that until now!

If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life it would probably be: salad rolls. not because they are my absolute favorite, but because I would never get tired of them! I love oysters and chocolate mint ice cream, but I have my limits.

I'm a proud mama of two girls! 4/30/06 Madeline, 09/25/08 Amelia
--**I'm here to share my mistakes and learn from yours**--
#198 of 1618 Old 10-04-2008, 04:34 PM

::::

OMG you guys!! :::

:::::

I just won the farmer's market raffle. :: We had just gotten home and were eating lunch and they called and said we won. I was so excited and expected a nice big bag of produce which I got (apples, peaches, spinach, lettuce, onions, radishes, pumpkins, goards) PLUS I got a huge gorgeous bouquet of flowers and 6 pints of rasberries and caramel corn too!

I feel like Miss America.
#199 of 1618 Old 10-04-2008, 04:38 PM

Pauline that ROCKS!!!!
you totally deserve it too mama

#200 of 1618 Old 10-04-2008, 05:29 PM

Woohoo Pauline!! : That's awesome!

Best part of my day so far: after an argument with DH about chores (and his tendency to go through the house like a mad man on Saturday morning cleaning while I am still drinking my coffee), he hugged me and told me that he doesn't expect me to keep the house clean during the week, because he knows how hard it is to get anything done with a toddler around. I love an understanding man.

Something embarrassing from my past: When I was about 9 or 10, I was working on our urban 4-H farm with other families, and one of the teen-aged boys came to where we were and said the caretaker (a city employee) was having cardiac arrest because of all the vehicles. I totally misunderstood him, and ran to tell my Dad "Mr. Dent is having a heart attack!" My dad was very concerned and started asking about ambulances and what we could do and...To this day, I am mortified when I don't understand a word or comment correctly.

If I could have only one food for the rest of my life it would probably be: A salad with all kinds of colorful veggies on it. I would probably get sick of it, but it would keep me healthy and strong.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#201 of 1618 Old 10-04-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyMamaBear View Post
Happy Birthday Todd!!!!

i am SICK.
like put me back in bed sick.
anyone else have the cold from hell?
I feel icky again today, and I think there are just several colds that are going around and we might be on the second go-round already.

Quote:

I just won the farmer's market raffle. :: We had just gotten home and were eating lunch and they called and said we won. I was so excited and expected a nice big bag of produce which I got (apples, peaches, spinach, lettuce, onions, radishes, pumpkins, goards) PLUS I got a huge gorgeous bouquet of flowers and 6 pints of rasberries and caramel corn too!

That's awesome! Yay!!!
#202 of 1618 Old 10-04-2008, 06:56 PM

Pauline, that is so awesome!!! :
#203 of 1618 Old 10-04-2008, 07:22 PM

Today is the last day to sign up and post your package lists for the PDX Holiday Craft Swap. The more the merrier!

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
#204 of 1618 Old 10-04-2008, 07:40 PM

Just a 'lil inspiration... for not so great times. Got us girls here up on our feet anyway...
#205 of 1618 Old 10-05-2008, 02:46 AM

Seven hours without a post? One would think ya'll have lives or something

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
#206 of 1618 Old 10-05-2008, 03:43 AM

They must all be dancing to the Pointer Sisters. And now I must go to bed... as it's WAY past my bedtime. Good night, Gracie...
#207 of 1618 Old 10-05-2008, 04:23 AM

nope i was just struggling to stay alive.
bah.

#208 of 1618 Old 10-05-2008, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aolinsmama View Post

you have probably thought about this already but we used those poly window kits in our old drafty house (single pane), you can still get light through but they really helped. we also did the "window quilt" thing at night, on top of that. we tried to make it pretty, well it wasn't really... but it made a big difference!
Yep, we do that every year. Warm is more important than pretty Actually, I left the plastic plus a towel hanging over one of our windows all year and just took it down about a month ago. I didn't feel like dragging the ladder up the stairs to get it down, I guess. I should have just left it there until spring.

Our house is 85 years old, so we can't get the cheap vinyl windows. They would look so stooopid, and ruin any charm in this place. But wood or fiberglass is way expensive. blah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
Latch key kid from third grade. That's now.

Before that.. I had to go to nursery school. They took us too and picked us up from school.
Me too! My mom was single and worked. I was in charge of my little sister after school from the time I was 8 yrs old. We went to a neighbor's apartment before school in the mornings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
That is the one Tom Robbins book I haven't read. I should look for a copy! The only one that I found kinda dull was "Half Asleep In Frog Pajamas", but that one was good after a while. Just took a little while to get going.
Oooh, I need a good book to read!

The best parts of my day Naia and Josephine dancing their naked butts off before bed. Spending the day lounging with my little family and having nothing to worry about.

An embarrassing moment from my past My sister and I spent a week on a boat with my aunt and uncle when I was 8 or 9 years old. It wasn't a yacht or anything. There was no toilet. We had to ask for "the bucket" and then my uncle would dump it overboard. I was far too mortified to do that. After a couple days of holding it, I peed in my sleep. In the morning I changed my pants, stuffed them in my bag and hoped nobody noticed.

Turkey, avocado, goat cheese and crunchy lettuce sandwich on sourdough. Maybe with cucumber, or red pepper. Or a salad with those ingredients plus strawberries? That way I'll get more than one food. :

Quote:

I just won the farmer's market raffle. : We had just gotten home and were eating lunch and they called and :

WOOOHOOO! That is the coolest!

By the by, I totally feel like I'm party crashing over here. But the westside thread is sparse and I can actually keep up lately.

Kristin, come join the craft swap Danielle linked!
#209 of 1618 Old 10-05-2008, 12:50 PM

oooh, searchable database containing info on the safety of kid's toys

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#210 of 1618 Old 10-05-2008, 12:59 PM

Anyone know where we could get a good deal on firewood? Oh, and I should add, we have no truck.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page