Thanks and Giving in PDX-November - Page 49 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1441 of 1461 Old 12-01-2008, 12:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OMG! I thought I remembered Why? starting around 3. Most defiantly not as early is JUST TURNED TWO! Everytime you say something this boy it is Why, why mom why? Oh and the drama when he can't do something.. WHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? and throws himself face first onto a chair or couch to pout. It's actually kind of cute.. but don't remember this before closer to three.
#1442 of 1461 Old 12-01-2008, 12:22 AM

Lu started with the "why, why, why" around two...and is still at it. Today though, I heard her muttering to herself, "Stupid mean girls," over and over again about Tania and River when they wouldn't let her get on the treadmill.
#1443 of 1461 Old 12-01-2008, 01:07 AM

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...1#post12708521

anyone is welcome see thread for cookie exchange

Allison wife and mom to four. 

#1444 of 1461 Old 12-01-2008, 01:22 AM

Boy is really trying my patience tonight. Disagreeing with me about everything, coming up with crazy unreasonable requests, screaming and attacking me when he doesn't get his way. I have half a mind to put him in his room tonight, only because I'm worn out, and don't want to be around him. No, I'm not really going to withdraw from him, I just wish I could take a break.
#1445 of 1461 Old 12-01-2008, 02:28 AM

Sorry Beth. Jake was exactly like that all day on Thanksgiving. Sigh. Hope he is sleeping soon and has a better day tomorrow.

We went to Zoo Lights. Stupidly brought train tickets at the entrance not seeing how long the line for the train was. We waited at least an hour -- only because Jake was already anticipating riding the train and if we had walked away he most likely would have thrown a fit. The train was cool, though and we had a good time. We'll most likely go back again and see the lights that we missed.
#1446 of 1461 Old 12-01-2008, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
Sorry Beth. Jake was exactly like that all day on Thanksgiving. Sigh. Hope he is sleeping soon and has a better day tomorrow.

We went to Zoo Lights. Stupidly brought train tickets at the entrance not seeing how long the line for the train was. We waited at least an hour -- only because Jake was already anticipating riding the train and if we had walked away he most likely would have thrown a fit. The train was cool, though and we had a good time. We'll most likely go back again and see the lights that we missed.
Ah good to know. What time does it start, do you know? Think it's better on a weekday night?

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#1447 of 1461 Old 12-01-2008, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Ah good to know. What time does it start, do you know? Think it's better on a weekday night?
5-8pm thurs-Sun and 5-8:30pm other days.

I'm hoping to go back on a weekday night.
#1448 of 1461 Old 12-01-2008, 02:52 AM

Yeah, it seems like it would be better on a weekday night. I'm listening to a CD on my laptop, which I never do, and now I remember why. It's like this thing has some sort of motor running.
#1449 of 1461 Old 12-01-2008, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
Yeah, it seems like it would be better on a weekday night. I'm listening to a CD on my laptop, which I never do, and now I remember why. It's like this thing has some sort of motor running.
Get yer motor runnin....

I think Chase and I are going to try a bus adventure tomorrow. If anyone wants to meet us, our final destination is Airplay Cafe at 10am for "Storytime with Raquel"

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#1450 of 1461 Old 12-01-2008, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post
Get yer motor runnin....

I think Chase and I are going to try a bus adventure tomorrow. If anyone wants to meet us, our final destination is Airplay Cafe at 10am for "Storytime with Raquel"
sounds like fun! I don't think I could get us up and out there on time, but in case we're up early enough, I'll make an effort.

Maddy doesn't do the why why why thing yet; she says, "oh, why not?" so cute!

I'm a proud mama of two girls! 4/30/06 Madeline, 09/25/08 Amelia
--**I'm here to share my mistakes and learn from yours**--
#1451 of 1461 Old 12-01-2008, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post
Get yer motor runnin....

More like... "If you walk away walk away I will walk away walk away... I will follow"

I guess that could work with a very slow motor.

I would meet up with you, but this cough is getting worse. I think I'm going to go to the stupid lab, then maybe I will try riding in the afternoon and see if that helps. Sometimes the fresh air helps. At this point though, I'm beginning to think I caught something, on top of the stooopid allergies.
#1452 of 1461 Old 12-01-2008, 11:45 AM

5:30 (or earlier) is the new wake up time. Whether we put her to bed at 7 pm, 8 pm or 6:45. I need to go to bed earlier. I'm tired.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#1453 of 1461 Old 12-01-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
5:30 (or earlier) is the new wake up time. Whether we put her to bed at 7 pm, 8 pm or 6:45. I need to go to bed earlier. I'm tired.
Here, have some :

Chase actually didn't get up until 6:45 today. I'm grateful. And I really wish I could figure out the cause of a good night's sleep versus a bad one.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#1454 of 1461 Old 12-01-2008, 12:37 PM

Sophia was restless all night. She kept waking up and saying things like "You forgot to brush my teeth" and "Can I hug you?". Now of course she is fast asleep and it will be hard to wake her by 9. I shouldn't complain though. It's not a regular thing anymore.

Bras - I can't believe the menagerie of bras I have had to purchase since getting pregnant. I was a 36B when it all got started and went up to a 40D at one point. I wore my nursing bras until they were just shreds of fabric hanging from my chest and then I tried to go back to underwires which was my prefered style, pre baby, but somehow they just don't work anymore and poke me in the armpits. I realized recently that I was wearing too large of a band size and got a few comfy not underwire ones (Bali). Of course 1 of the three is missing now which is a regular bra problem I have. One of the most comfortable ones I have at any given time will disapear for a long time until I replace it, at which point it will turn up again and one of the replacements will disapear. A mystery.
#1455 of 1461 Old 12-01-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNPORTLAND View Post
Sophia was restless all night. She kept waking up and saying things like "You forgot to brush my teeth" and "Can I hug you?". Now of course she is fast asleep and it will be hard to wake her by 9. I shouldn't complain though. It's not a regular thing anymore.

Bras - I can't believe the menagerie of bras I have had to purchase since getting pregnant. I was a 36B when it all got started and went up to a 40D at one point. I wore my nursing bras until they were just shreds of fabric hanging from my chest and then I tried to go back to underwires which was my prefered style, pre baby, but somehow they just don't work anymore and poke me in the armpits. I realized recently that I was wearing too large of a band size and got a few comfy not underwire ones (Bali). Of course 1 of the three is missing now which is a regular bra problem I have. One of the most comfortable ones I have at any given time will disapear for a long time until I replace it, at which point it will turn up again and one of the replacements will disapear. A mystery.
Maybe Shawn is stealing them. :P

Nothing of interest to say this morning.. so I should just get in the shower. My weeks vacation is over and it's back to school.. for two more weeks.
#1456 of 1461 Old 12-01-2008, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
That sucks, Korin. 6:15 was Jake's preferred wake up time during the summer, which I could understand because the sun came up, but the winter?

I go to Boise again on Wednesday morning for another overnight trip and oddly enough I feel slightly more nervous than the first time. I think it is because I know Jake had a really hard time the first time around. Sigh. But he has got to get used to it and I am really working on decreasing the milks to the point that we can wean soon because I have a feeling my travel is going to increase in 2009.
#1457 of 1461 Old 12-01-2008, 01:43 PM

I sneakily started a December thread :
#1458 of 1461 Old 12-01-2008, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Blah. Up at 3 this morning, and no return to sleep. Worse, when he wakes up we inevitably get into a scuffle over milkies, it's awful. Worser worse, this 3am thing is starting to become regular. Why the sleep hate? I'm ready to abandon the 7pm bedtime. The whole benefit of no naps was the quick bedtime ritual, but the past few days it's taken a good 30 minutes of rocking to get him to sleep after managing to subsist on 8 hours sleep without a nap. What's the point? Blah.
30 minutes??! ha, we are up to TWO HOURS and 30 minutes... nap or napless, same diff, always been at *least* an hour, rocking, whatever. stories alone take 30 minutes...
#1459 of 1461 Old 12-01-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
Hey Mamas,

Anyone have a life jacket that would fit a 2.5 year old that I could borrow mid to end-December? Color doesn't matter.

Thank you
yes, if you didn't already get one.
#1460 of 1461 Old 12-01-2008, 05:00 PM

If anyone needs to schedule an appointment with Dr. Pike I just cancelled one for Keagan - it is December 4th at 9am.

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
#1461 of 1461 Old 12-01-2008, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNPORTLAND View Post

That is so funny because Suriya did something similar last night, except she kept hugging me and going "Awww..." and then asking for her cup of water or her baby doll. She was so upset at one point because the fitted sheet came off on one corner of the mattress and she wanted me to fix it immediately and she was all stressed out about it. She is turning into such a character.

She didn't get up until almost 11, though she tried really hard to wake up for good at 4:30am.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page