Viewing Product: Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump, White - Mothering Forums

Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump, White
Rating Distribution 14 Review(s)
    --
      14%
        --
          36%
            29%
              14 Review(s)
              Reviews
                11-11-2010, 05:57 AM by P.J.

I get a lot more milk using this pump than either of the electric pumps (both Medela) I tried. I'm not sure if it's their special 'let down cushion' on the cup, or just that I can get more using a hand pump. So I love that about it. However, if you use this pump make sure it comes with the 'IQ valve', which looks like a plug, and NOT the flat, disc-shaped valve with an asterisk on it. That one gets sucked through each and every time, multiple times. It falls into the milk and has to be fishe...

11-12-2010, 07:43 AM by _ktg_

I love my ISIS manual breast pump, it is hands down in my opinion an easier to use pump for any mother who is pumping for their little one.  It is easier to take to work and store as it often fit easily into my work bag with several bottles, instead of forcing me to carry my electric pump day in and day out.  A previous poster noted difficulties with the flat disk valve and I have never had any of the troubles of the valve popping out while pumping, except if I had too much pressure bu...

11-12-2010, 09:47 AM by llwr

This just didn't work for me. I know it's supposed to have good reviews, but I really could express better by hand.  I found it uncomfortable, messy, and honestly kind of useless. 

I had no problems with an electric pump given to me by the milk bank I sent my extra milk to. 

12-22-2010, 10:14 AM by rachelalfreda

Every time I pumped it was a slow start, but once my milk let out IT WOULD FLOW!  I used this pump at work, I liked that it was small enough to fit into my lunch bag with room to spare. 

It was comfortable to use, I guess due to the "soft petal" thing, but I never used any other breast pumps because I got this one for free.  I don't know how it compares to other brands or styles. 

The only thing I didn't like about it was that there were lots of small parts to cle...

12-29-2010, 10:27 AM by Kelly1101

I'm SAHM so I didn't need a really great / electric pump, just something to get a few ounces now and then for if my husband and I wanted to go out by ourselves for a few hours.  I really like this pump.  It was really cheap, like 20 bucks.  It's easy to put together and take apart for cleaning.  I haven't had any trouble with the "asterisk-shaped" flat valve.  It is a manual pump so yeah, after a while your hand gets tired, but it's great for using just every once in a while.  It's pre...

<<-Show More->>
                        Related Conversations
                        There are no related topics.
                        Members
                        No members own this product.
                        No members want this product.
                        Details
                        Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump, White

Description: Avent Isis Manual Breast Pump w/ 4 oz. BPA-Free BottleThe unique Avent BPA-Freen Manual Breast Pump assures you enhanced efficiency and is clinically proven to express more milk than a hospital electric pump. Five, soft petal massagers gently flex in and out as you pump and work with the vacuum to imitate your baby's suckling. The gentle-draw vacuum mimics baby's suckling to create a steady milk flow that requires less pumping. This manual breast pump is easy to assemble and use and contains a 4

Details:

Detail Value
                        Binding Baby Product
                        EAN 0075020006288
                        Feature BPA-Free bottles, made from Polyether Sulphone (PES) - a BPA Free material with a natural honey color
                        Label Philips AVENT
                        List Price $49.99
                        Manufacturer Philips AVENT
                        Product Group Baby Product
                        Product Type Name BABY_PRODUCT
                        Publisher Philips AVENT
                        Studio Philips AVENT
                        Title Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump, White
                        UPC 075020006288
                        Release Date 2008-10-01
                        Height 6.69 inches
                        Length 5.91 inches