Viewing Product: Birthing from Within: An Extra-Ordinary Guide to Childbirth Preparation - Mothering Forums

Birthing from Within: An Extra-Ordinary Guide to Childbirth Preparation
Rating Distribution 2 Review(s)
    --
      --
        50%
          50%
            --
              2 Review(s)
              Reviews
                02-08-2011, 11:04 AM by t2009

I read this book early in my pregnancy... Probably too early. I picked it up again after I had a better grasp of what my pregnancy & the process of labor & birthing would really entailed. On a second reading, I just loved it. It really is so true & so simple in its power. A must read for all mothers-to-be.

02-18-2011, 05:36 PM by Mama_Amethyst

I read Birthing from Within during the last half of my second pregnancy after having read Orgasmic Birth. I had read Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Natural Childbirth and The Birth Partner during my first pregnancy. In the natural and home birthing community, of which I am a part, Birthing from Within is the first book most mothers recommend. The book stands alone in its perspective of preparing for birth. I had not yet read a pregnancy book that included so many ideas about how to understand you...

Related Conversations
                  There are no related topics.
                  Members
                  No members have owned this product.
                  Details
                  Birthing from Within: An Extra-Ordinary Guide to Childbirth Preparation

Description: This holistic approach to childbirth examines this profound rite-of-passage not as a medical event, but as an act of self-discovery. Exercises and activities such as journal writing, meditation, and painting are designed to help mothers analyze their thoughts and face their fears during pregnancy. 144 line drawings. 17 photos.

Details:

Detail Value
                  Author Rob Horowitz
                  Binding Paperback
                  Dewey Decimal Number 618.24
                  EAN 9780965987301
                  Edition 1st
                  Feature Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! BUY WITH CONFIDENCE, Over one million books sold! 98% Positive feedback. Compare our books, prices and service to the competition. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
                  ISBN 0965987302
                  Label Partera Press
                  Languages English
                  List Price $19.95
                  Manufacturer Partera Press
                  Number Of Items 1
                  Number Of Pages 331
                  Product Group Book
                  Product Type Name ABIS_BOOK
                  Publication Date 1998-07-01
                  Publisher Partera Press
                  Studio Partera Press
                  Title Birthing from Within: An Extra-Ordinary Guide to Childbirth Preparation