Viewing Product: The Birth Partner: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, and All Other Labor Companions - Mothering Forums
The Birth Partner: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, and All Other Labor Companions
Rating Distribution 2 Review(s)
    --
      --
        --
          --
            100%
              2 Review(s)
              Reviews
                11-19-2010, 05:03 PM by MaerynPearl

I bought this book on the recommendation of several other women on the Mothering forums. I initially thought I was buying it for my husband, as the title suggests he would get the most out of it. However, I ended up reading it through 4 or 5 times myself while penciling in notations for my husband. Plus, I grabbed it many times in the last month of pregnancy to look up this or that that I was going through and to help me remember what childbirth would be like.

I have had 3 c...

03-29-2011, 12:16 PM by Gretchen_PDX

I bought this book when I first started as a doula, and it has since served me well through doula and the birth of my first child. I loan this book out constantly to pregnant families. The format works really well to read straight through or use as a reference book. As the previous review said, it is really good for the moms to read this too. It clearly goes through interventions, how to avoid interventions, birth terminology, anatomy and physiology of birth - everything you need to know to ...

Related Conversations
                  There are no related topics.
                  Members
                  No members have owned this product.
                  Details
                  The Birth Partner: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, and All Other Labor Companions

Description: If you want to learn how best to help an expectant mother have a happy and healthy childbirth, The Birth Partner, Third Edition is the only book you'll need. For almost 20 years, husbands, partners, friends, relatives, and doulas have turned to this book for guidance on being a supportive partner in the delivery room. The expanded third edition includes the most up-to-date information about techniques, devices, and medications for easing labor pain; tests and treatments of the fetus and newborn; strategies to help labor progress; potential medical procedures and interventions; and how best to help the mother during the early days after the birth. And, with its easy-to-use format and new illustrations, the The Birth Partner is the essential guide have on hand in the delivery room.

Details:

Detail Value
                  Author Penny Simkin
                  Binding Paperback
                  Dewey Decimal Number 618.2
                  EAN 9781558323575
                  Edition 3
                  Feature Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! BUY WITH CONFIDENCE, Over one million books sold! 98% Positive feedback. Compare our books, prices and service to the competition. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
                  ISBN 1558323570
                  Label Harvard Common Press
                  Languages English
                  List Price $16.95
                  Manufacturer Harvard Common Press
                  Number Of Items 1
                  Number Of Pages 416
                  Product Group Book
                  Product Type Name ABIS_BOOK
                  Publication Date 2007-01-15
                  Publisher Harvard Common Press
                  Studio Harvard Common Press
                  Title The Birth Partner, Third Edition: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, and All Other Labor Companions (Birth Partner: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, &)