Viewing Product: The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (La Leche League International Book) - Mothering Forums

The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (La Leche League International Book)
Rating Distribution 5 Review(s)
    --
      --
        --
          20%
            80%
              5 Review(s)
              Reviews
                02-04-2011, 07:11 PM by Mum to Grace

I wish I had gotten this sooner! We struggled from the get-go but are now at 10 months and going strong. I think it could have been a bit easier with this to help guide the way. But it is still a nice encouraging book to have by my side, nonetheless.

02-06-2011, 10:30 PM by letileon

I had trouble when I started breastfeeding...this book was a fantastic resource. I took it out at the library, read it cover to cover and enjoyed it thoroughly. It definitely makes you feel like you're making the right choice in breastfeeding and covers a wide range of topics. I highly recommend!

04-06-2011, 12:32 PM by teraze

I love LOVE this book.  I really wish I read this before giving birth.  I'm already a devoted nursing mom, but I was (and still am, a little) anxious about the public aspect of breastfeeding.  This book is so reassuring in that breastfeeding is natural and we have the right to nurse anywhere that's convenient and as we please.

Additionally, this book contains useful problem solving help.  This book got me through my first and hopefully only milk blister (bleb) - and it c...

04-08-2011, 10:38 AM by lollie2357

I was able to buy this book at goodwill, and I'm so glad I did.  Every fear and question I had with breastfeeding was easily answered with this book.  It is the authority on breastfeeding.  Every mother should own it. 

04-08-2011, 11:20 AM by t2009

I loved this book -- I read it while I was pregnant & found it really helped me prepare for a successful breastfeeding relationship. The book is honest, doesn't sugar coat the routine issues that new mothers sometimes face.

Maybe why I love the book so much is that I really believe it saved my ability to breastfeed my son. I took it with me to the hospital. A pushy nurse was trying to get me & DH to give our newborn formula because he had dropped weight & my milk...

Related Conversations
                        There are no related topics.
                        Members
                        No members have owned this product.
                        No members want this product.
                        Details
                        The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (La Leche League International Book)

Description: The long-awaited revised edition! It’s no secret that breastfeeding is the normal, healthy way to nourish and nurture your baby. Dedicated to supporting nursing and expectant mothers, the internationally respected La Leche League has set the standard for educating and empowering mothers in this natural art for generations. Now their classic bestselling guide has been retooled, refocused, and updated for today’s mothers and lifestyles. Working mothers, stay-at-home moms, single moms, and mothers of multiples will all benefit from the book’s range of nursing advice, stories, and information—from preparing for breastfeeding during pregnancy to feeding cues, from nursing positions to expressing and storing breast milk. With all-new photos and illustrations, this ultimate support bible offers • real-mom wisdom on breastfeeding comfortably—from avoiding sore nipples to simply enjoying the amazing bonding experience• new insights into old approaches toward latching and attaching, ages and stages, and answers to the most-asked questions• strategies for moms who choose to breastfeed for a short time or who plan to nurse for a year or more • reassuring information on nursing after a C-section or delivery complications• recent scientific data that highlight the many lifelong health benefits of breastfeeding• helpful tips for building your support network—at home or when back at work• nursing special-needs infants, premies, multiples, and how to thrive no matter what curveball life throws• guidance on breast health issues, weight gain, day care, colic, postpartum depression, food allergies, and medications  Plus—Internet references for further information, including La Leche League support sites and groups. Mothers bringing babies into a new world want sustainable, healthy, positive ways to help their children blossom and thrive. There is no better beginning for your baby than the womanly art of breastfeeding.

Details:

Detail Value
                        Author La Leche League International
                        Binding Paperback
                        Dewey Decimal Number 649.33
                        EAN 9780345518446
                        Edition 8 Rev Upd
                        Feature Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! BUY WITH CONFIDENCE, Over one million books sold! 98% Positive feedback. Compare our books, prices and service to the competition. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
                        ISBN 0345518446
                        Label Ballantine Books
                        Languages English
                        List Price $20.00
                        Manufacturer Ballantine Books
                        Number Of Items 1
                        Number Of Pages 576
                        Product Group Book
                        Product Type Name ABIS_BOOK
                        Publication Date 2010-07-13
                        Publisher Ballantine Books
                        Studio Ballantine Books
                        Title The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (La Leche League International Book)
                        Release Date 2010-07-13