Viewing Product: Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump with Shoulder Bag - Mothering Forums
Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump with Shoulder Bag
  • Review Image
  • Review Image

Rating Distribution 19 Review(s)
    --
      5%
        --
          16%
            53%
              19 Review(s)
              Reviews
                01-07-2011, 09:38 PM by MsFortune

This is the must have for the serious pumper.  You can do both sides at same time.  The powerful suction / pumping action is very effective and gets maximum milk in minimum time.  It's a must have for anyone who does significant pumping.  Not cheap, but for people who pump daily or work outside the home, it makes pumping about as painless as it can be.  For me, worth every penny.

The parts that actually touch your breastmilk are external to the pump and can be replaced....

02-08-2011, 10:51 AM by Bad Mama Jama

I used this pump for over a year and it was a great product.  It is very durable and helped make pumping at work a breeze.  The tubing and pump heads are easy to clean.  Also, Medela stands behind their product and has an excellent customer service department if you need additional support.  EXCELLENT and worth the cost.

02-09-2011, 09:59 AM by justKate

This pump saved my breastfeeding relationship. My DD was born full term and taken to the NICU 4+ hrs away by helicopter.  My parents bought me this pump after I had limited success first with a hand pump and then with a hospital Ameda pump. They paid too much because it was sort of an emergency and didn't have time to order online or wait for a coupon. I've pumped everywhere with it. In the hospital, cars, closets, bathrooms, my desk at work, you name it.  There is plenty of room in the ...

02-09-2011, 03:59 PM by Joliem

I bought this pump because everyone else had it.  I had an Ameda pump but wanted the pump in style because I thought it must be better.  I don't like it as much as the Ameda.  It is not a closed system, so milk can back up into the tubing and get into the motor.  On the pump in style, you can only control the strength of suck (other than the let down button).  On the Ameda, you can control speed and strength.  I do like that the pump in style has a let down button.  I also like the ba...

02-09-2011, 04:20 PM by _ktg_

I received this pump as a wonderful & generous gift with the birth of my first baby.  I am a WOHM and this pump allowed me to extend my breastfeeding relationship with my first to 1 year despite going back to work at 10 weeks post-par tum.   The pump did a wonderful job and was quick and easy to use and dissemble while at work when I often only had 20 minutes to pump. I used this pump again when my second child arrived and it still looks good as new with this extended use. 

<...

<<-Show More->>
                        Related Conversations
                        There are no related topics.
                        Members
                        Details
                        Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump with Shoulder Bag

Description: 12555 Features: -Pump with shoulder bag. -Improved 2-Phase Expression Technology allows moms to toggle back and forth from stimulation to expression phase. -All parts that come into contact with breast milk are BPA-free. -Top selling personal-use pumps with new design. -Includes AC adapter and battery pack or use with 9-volt vehicle lighter adapter (sold seperately). -PersonalFit breastshields. -New bottle design. -Integrated motor. -Single user item. -Use by more than one user may pose a health risk, performance questions and voids the warranty.

Details:

Detail Value
                        Binding Baby Product
                        EAN 0020451570273
                        Feature Adjustable suction/vacuum
                        Label Medela Inc.
                        List Price $279.99
                        Manufacturer Medela Inc.
                        Number Of Items 1
                        Product Group Baby Product
                        Product Type Name BABY_PRODUCT
                        Publisher Medela Inc.
                        Studio Medela Inc.
                        Title Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump with Shoulder Bag
                        UPC 020451570273
                        Height 16 inches
                        Length 8 inches
                        Weight 8.95 pounds
                        Width 16 inches
                        Brand Medela
                        Package Quantity 1
                        MPN 57027
                        Color Shoulder Bag
                        Model 57027