Mothering Forum banner

Beco Baby Carrier Gemini

2K views 54 replies 55 participants last post by  Administrator 
#1 ·
My go-to carrier

review by crunchychristianmama

This is my go to carrier for my 6-month-old. I received it as a Christmas gift and it is used for at least an hour or two every day. I can easily put her on my front or back. The best is that with this carrier, baby can face out on your front! Even my husband can easily wear her without my help. The neutral pattern is nice as well.

ProsCons
Easy to use, comfortable, baby loves itnone yet

Ratings
Overall5
Value5
Performance5
Comfort5
Durability5

#2 ·
Our favourite carrier

review by katelove

We bought this carrier when my LO was 5 months old and it has been our favourite since then. DH and I use it more than any other carrier.

It is easy to put on and the two-handed safety clips are simple to use.

We haven't tried it with a baby younger than 5 months but, with the adjustable base, I think it would work well for a smaller baby. It is still going strong 13 months later and I can comfortably carry our 17 month old.

I have tried a back carry with this carrier but I find the back support a bit short to securely hold my LO who does tend to fling herself around a bit. But this is the only con for me.

ProsCons
straps cross over at the back, adjustable base width to accommodate shorter legs, fabric is soft not scratchyback support is a little bit low for a back carry

Ratings
Overall5
Value5
Performance5
Comfort5
Durability5

#3 ·
Tried the rest, now OWN the best!

review by tarynm

I have been a baby wearing mama since I had my first daughter in 2007. We have tried at least 10 different options; a snuggli, a baby bjorn, asst'd ring slings, a baby buddha, and finally the Beco Gemini. And WOW. This carrier is the most comfortable, versatile, easy to use carrier I have ever had. I would highly recommend it and do to any mom. I'm 5'2 and this carrier has fit from the moment I brought the baby home on, and the fact that my babe is gigantic hasn't even phased me while I'm wearing her in my Gemini. NOT to mention it's flattering! It does up ON TOP of my muffin top and the way it's put together makes me look taller and slimmer...lol. ( I'm a short, curvy girl so this is definitely a plus when I'm feeling not so pretty post partum. ) This is far and away the best OVERALL purchase I've made for this baby; there is nothing like comfortably wearing my baby for bonding and making my life easier. With two toddlers on each hand and my baby in my Beco, life is good!

ProsCons
Comfortable for baby and I from birth up, 4 carry positions, makes me look taller ;)No rain cover

Ratings
Overall5
Value5
Performance5
Comfort5
Durability5

#4 ·
LOVE my Gemini

review by naern

I absolutely adore my Beco Gemini. My daughter loves being in it-we had a carrier of a different brand that she hated. She falls asleep with her head on my chest and just cozies up next to me. It's very easy to put it on myself. The material is very soft and durable. The Gemini is unique in that your baby can be carried 4 different ways. I love that you can put the leg part in narrow or wide mode, for better ergonomic comfort.

I can't think of anything negative about this carrier.

ProsCons
4 ways to carry, comfortable, easy to put on, top folds down so baby can seenone

Ratings
Overall5
Value5
Performance5
Comfort5
Durability5

#5 ·
Dad-Approved Baby Carrier

review by lifewithlevi

Jason and Levi

Jason really likes wearing our son Levi in the Beco Gemini carrier. He thought it was nice that the print wasn't too girly, and he said it really helped evenly distribute the weight on his shoulders. He was a little confused by the buckle safety feature, but I explained to him that it's a good thing :)

My husband is 5'10" to give you an idea of size. My son is 15 months and about 19.5 lbs in this photo.

ProsCons
Good fit, several carry options, cute print, fits men and womenMight be a little uncomfortable for larger men

Ratings
Overall4
Value4
Performance5
Comfort4
Durability5

#6 ·
Love our Gemini!!!

review by reneeerin

After trying another carrier and my back killing, I did some research into carriers and I ordered a Beco Gemini. Most of my friends have the Ergo or Bjorn and the Bjorn killed my back and the baby wasn't a fan and i didn't like the baby couldn't face out in the Ergo. Right after receiving my Gemini I put my baby facing inwards and she fell right asleep. It was amazing! We wear it all the time! So far she is 4.5 months and we wear her inwards and facing out. She loves it! We love that its so easy to tighten or losen the straps depending on if my husband and I are wearing it. We couldn't be happier with our purchase.

ProsCons
easy to use, looks great, baby loves it, supportive, easy for different sized wearers

Ratings
Overall4
Value0
Performance0
Comfort0
Durability0

#8 ·
we both love it

review by traceyjay

With my first son, I used a beco butterfly and an ergo, and got this gemini for my new daughter. She is currently 12 weeks old, and it is so easy to carry her in this. She loves to chew on the side strap, and she's so cozy in it. We've tried forward facing for a short time, and it seemed to go well. So far, I really love this carrier for her, because it's low maintenance. There is no infant insert like with the ergo, and there isn't a separate carrying harness either. The options of wide or narrow base are really nice.

She spends a lot of time in this both at home, and always when we're on the go! No carseat on top of a cart for my baby!

ProsCons
fits really well, so comfy, versatile, cutehard to unbuckle with one hand, no pocket for keys, etc.

Ratings
Overall4
Value4
Performance5
Comfort4
Durability5

#10 ·
The best baby carrier (ever!)

review by menmy2kiddos

I got this baby carrier for Christmas 2010 when my youngest daughter was almost a year old. Now I have 4 kids so I have used just about every type of baby carrier under the sun. Hands down Beco is the best! My daughter is almost 2 now and the Beco Gemini is still comfortable to carry her in. Beco also makes the most fashionable baby carriers I have seen. Don't bother with those silly hip dangling baby carriers, you and your baby will be glad you did!!

Ratings
Overall5
Value5
Performance5
Comfort5
Durability5

#11 ·
I'm a Pisces but I love my Gemini!

review by lorraine marie

I love this product. When I received it, I was skeptical. Could it be as great as described in reviews...or on the box? An organic carrier that can deliver all it's saying it offers? This is hands down the best carrier I have owned. My baby loves when I wear him. My baby loves when my hubby wears him. When you go with Beco..you are going with the best. If there was a club for Beco momma's like there is the hair club for men...I'd be a member for life! :)

ProsCons
Organic, easy on the back, stylish, did I mention Organic? :)You'll want more than just 1

Ratings
Overall5
Value5
Performance5
Comfort5
Durability5

#12 ·
Nothing better

review by landonians

We love our Gemini. Couldn't imagine using another style with ournson. He loved the abilityntomforward face and saved us many times with this option. My husband is thencoolest baby wearing dad i know and the neutral color/pattern, he's always felt comfortable and confident wearing our son no matter then circumstances. Durable, and long lasting product!

ProsCons
Forward facing, comfortableNot meant for front carring longer than 4 hours

Ratings
Overall5
Value5
Performance4
Comfort4
Durability5

#13 ·
Comfortable and versatile!

review by largirl

When our daughter was born, I rented several carriers, including the Beco and the Ergo. After using each of them multiple times, I settled on the Beco Gemini. It was by far the most comfortable and versatile of the carriers that I rented. You can wear the baby facing in or out, and on your front, back, or hip. You can nurse in it! You can have the head support up or down. It's a bit tricky to get on and off by yourself at first (the clips have a safety feature that make them nearly impossible to undo one-handed), but after a few times using it, you get used to it. I highly recommend this carrier over any other!

ProsCons
Comfortable, machine washable, versatile, wide weight range, cute designs, high qualityPricey, thick cushy fabric could get hot in summer, bulky to carry around empty

Ratings
Overall5
Value4
Performance5
Comfort5
Durability5

#14 ·
Heavyweight Champ

review by flashcrywolf

With my firstborn, I carried her around in the Moby Wrap, feeling very hip and crunchy with my little wolf wrapped tight around my torso. She loved the Moby Wrap and I even carried her up a mountain on a two hour hike with her inside! It was comfortable and it worked for both of us. I realized in those moments, and again looking back at photos, how important babywearing was for me. I was absolutely dismayed when my son began quickly complaining when I would put him in the Moby Wrap. While he and my daughter have a similar build, he gained weight far more quickly than she did (without her health issues), and I began to feel that with all his wiggling and protesting, he may fall out of the Moby Wrap. It was clear the Moby was not helping to encourage a positive babywearing bond with my son, and I was desperate for a new carrier. I wanted the ability to wear my son comfortably and happily (both he AND I), especially while chasing around my now-toddler daughter. My son is so mellow and laid back, IF you are holding him and keeping him engaged in what is going on. Babywearing for him seemed essential!!! I researched and researched, and kept getting responses all over the page. What finally drew me in to taking the plunge and getting the Beco was (admittedly) the black foxie print. My son's name means fox and we often refer to him as "our little fox" (same with my daughter whose name means wolf), and the print was so adorable, yet very fashionable in that the black was neutral and could match just about everything! It wasn't overly cutesy, but it had so much flair that spoke of me. It looked wonderfully comfortable and I received many great reviews in reference to it, so I tacked it onto my holiday list. I was so excited to open this on Christmas Eve and washed it right away!! It took everything in me not to throw it into the dryer (strictly against washing rules and regulations) so I could use it as soon as possible! When it was fully dry, I popped my fox in there as quick as I could and we were in love! DH even tried him on and commented on how light he suddenly seemed (which is saying a lot for my big baby boy) and how comfortable it was on our backs. It was also so much easier to adjust (whereas the Moby was all about wrap wrap and rewrap for a good fit at the stage my son was in when we were introduced to the Beco) and it worked great with both DH's and my builds (which are nigh polar opposites). I wear my son in the Beco on walks, to the zoo, etc. and he seems so content to be right in the middle of the action, instead of in his bouncy chair. I cannot wait until he is old enough to wear on my back! While I loved the Moby for those tiny, helpless newborn days, I think Beco gave my son and I another shot at those priceless bonding moments, and gave my son a taste of freedom in his age of dependence on being carried. I am so glad I chose the gemini version as we exclusively breastfeed, and my son can nestle his face right against my skin and fall asleep against my breast. I have been recommending this to all my friends and family who have little ones. Receiving a Beco has really kickstarted so many good things in my life - more freedom to exercise (when you have two little ones under two, and a dog you can't say no to, a good carrier is a MUST for walks), more freedom about the house and kitchen, and a few more months of the best feeling in the world. I carried my son for nine months already - it's refreshing to once again carry him so close and contentedly to my heart. Cannot wait to try this on my daughter when she slows down enough to let me!

ProsCons
Adorable, fashionable, looks-good-with-everything colors and prints, kind on the back, holds my heavy baby great, very comfortable for both parents.Washing it once seemed to have faded it a bit, and it appeared to look a little worn. Not unusable, but not brand spanking new looking after drying.

Ratings
Overall5
Value5
Performance5
Comfort5
Durability4

#15 ·
I love my Beco Gemini!

review by melissarussell

I love my Beco Gemini! I had used a wrap carrier when my baby was young, but eventually wanted something that had more support and more carry position options. I had heard good things about the Ergo, but when I tried it on in the store it did not fit well. I am a very petite mom and the straps wouldn't adjust to a comfortable position. My baby also likes to face forward and the Ergo does not give this option. I was told about the Beco Gemini by a mom that I met online that said she loves it. I did my research and liked what I saw (lots of carry positions, including front facing, hip carry and backpack style as well as others, organic materials, ergonomically correct, etc), so went to try it on at a local store. My baby and I loved it immediately and have used it ever since. She is currently 13 months old and we just used it while flying all over the country for the holidays so that we did not have to lug the stroller with us! I highly recommend the Beco Gemini to any mom searching for an easy-to-use carrier with lots of carry position options.

ProsCons
versitile (many carry positions), ergonomically correct for mom and baby, easy to use

Ratings
Overall5
Value5
Performance5
Comfort5
Durability5

#16 ·
Heart Baby, Would love it!

review by michele z

I have yet to read anything that tells me this wouldn't be the ideal carrier for my daughter who is post 2 open heart surgeries at this point, it just isn't in the budget right now. Definitely a goal though!

Ratings
Overall5
Value0
Performance0
Comfort0
Durability0

#17 ·
my Beco Gemini!

review by akern2

Love my Beco. My son liked to be held and having this carrier enabled me to multitask. I got it used but it was well taken care of.

ProsCons
multiple carry options, highbsck for neck support, fits plus sizenone!

Ratings
Overall4
Value4
Performance5
Comfort4
Durability5

#18 ·
Super Fantastic

review by momto3beauties

I bought this carrier for my 3rd child. I had purchased bjorns, snuglis and infantinos for my first two and was so horribly uncomfortable with them after they reached 2-3months old/15-18lbs and I just wasn't ready to not have them close to me anymore.. It just didn't seem right that these were my only options.

When I found out I was having a 3rd, I started doing my research. I found a local store that sells upscale baby items, and went in to test a few different ones out. I tried a ring sling, an ERGO. I liked the ring sling (and did buy one later), and I liked the ERGO because of the different positions available but because I'm a bigger mama, the belt just didn't fit properly and I didn't feel safe using an extender. The sales lady told me about the Gemini. I tried it on and I was sold. It offerred multiple positions, easy transition between them, and was super comfortable (and I didn't need a belt extender). I also liked that the waist belt was a bigger clip than the ergo. And that there are ties to keep the extra strap lengths rolled up and neatly out of the way. However, I tend to use them more as teething straps, my 10month old hangs onto them and chews them to his heart's content and we know that happy babies are much nicer than ones that aren't so happy at all... so chew away baby Marcus, chew away...

The day I went to buy a better quality carrier I took both my 2yr old daughter and my baby that was 3months old at the time. I tested it out with both of them. I was able to keep my baby close, he was comfy (so much so he fell asleep while he was my tester), I was comfy. I could barely tell I was carrying him it was so light and positioned and padded so well. After sneakily getting baby#3 into the stroller so I could test with my 2yr old, we tried a back carry, my daughter didn't want to get out. She wanted to stay in it forever. She still loves it. She is 35lbs and feels as light as a feather when I'm carrying her on my back. When she's feeling icky we do hip carries, and it's still light as a feather and keeps my arms free to snuggle, hold my oldest's hand while walking or to push a cart/stroller/pull a wagon and it's not at all straining.

I find that I can also wear it under my winter coat while in the car, I just have to loosen the straps, put baby in, and off we go for some hands free shopping. If baby's in the mood for FFO, we can, if he's sleepy and snuggly, we can turn him around and I don't even have to take the carrier off to turn him around, just loosen the straps, take him out, turn him around and snuggle him back in. if DD and DS1 are fighting in the cart at the store, I can put DS2 in the cart, put carrier on my back and toss DD in.

I don't know what I'd do without my Gemini. I'd probably be bald and locked up in an institution at this point. It's helped solve issues with tired LOs with tired legs, it helps me get the cleaning done with a cranky baby that just wants to be up, and occasionally I have a 2year old that grabs it out of the closet and tells me "i snuggle with you mommy. you're my best friend." and my heart melts and how can I say no to that? yeah, it's just not possible.

This carrier has joined us on our day to day trips as well as been on the train for a trip to Ontario Place in the summer, just joined us on the train again to go see my family for the holidays, We use this carrier almost every day. Not as much on weekends, but Monday to Friday it joins us on the school drop off/pick up runs. And with the way my daughter wants to be in it as much as my baby, I just might need a second to be able to tandem babywear the two of them.

Now I just have to talk DH into using it... it's "too granola" for him. I guess he still hasn't realized how much of a granola cruncher I am... But we'll keep that on the DL for as long as possible. Hahaha

ProsCons
easy, helpful, comfortablehaven't found any...

Ratings
Overall5
Value5
Performance5
Comfort4
Durability4

#19 ·
Love this carrier

review by sugarpalmer

I love this carrier. My infant has a desire to be held all the time. This makes it possible to still have hands free to get stuff done. She is my third baby and I just can't find I need my hands a lot. Shopping I wear her instead of leaving her in her seat. I can wear her all day and it does not bother my back (I have had a back injury and every other carrier I tried hurt after a short time). My only issue with this carrier is that the buckles can be hard to undo. I know they are made that way so they can't accidently open up, but I have had trouble getting it off a couple times.

ProsCons
Easy to put on and comfortable.Buckles can be a little tricky to open.

Ratings
Overall5
Value5
Performance5
Comfort5
Durability5

#20 ·
My life saver!

review by megastar007

I have what I like to call a "high needs" baby.
nut.gif
At 6 months old, he will not let me put him down for more than 5 minutes at a time, which I don't mind, except that it makes it really difficult to get anything done. Ever. Instead of battling with him, I have decided to make both of our lives more peaceful and just wear the kid everywhere. I've tried other brands of carriers and the Gemini is by far the most comfortable one I have used. I tried the Moby when he was tiny, but the darn thing was so confusing. I tried a pouch sling, but I felt like he was getting squished. I tried a carrier by Infantino, which got the job done, but became uncomfortable after more than 20 minutes. I have used the Gemini for an entire day without any issues and love the versatility of carries. My (not so) little guy loves napping in it and I love being able to "hold" him and be close to him, but still have the use of my hands to be a multitasking super mom! The carrier is stylish and I love the different prints available. I cannot praise this carrier enough... it truly is a dream come true. So yes, while the initial cost may seem like a lot, it is totally worth it. Some people buy expensive strollers, but if you are into attachment parenting, or just wanting to be able to get stuff done around the house, this is an investment that you cannot afford to pass up!
joy.gif

ProsCons
Comfortable, Easy to Use

Ratings
Overall5
Value5
Performance5
Comfort5
Durability5

#21 ·
Love this carrier!

review by motheringgrace

This has become our "go to" carrier, and the carrier I love to gift to new moms whenever I can. In particular, I think it fits moms well, whereas some carriers are sized broader for men. Baby can be worn from newborn to toddlerhood with ease, making this a very valuable, versatile piece for any baby wearing stash. It is also was to use for "non-babywearers," without any difficult ties, rings, etc. A very approachable way to start baby wearing if you are intimidated.

ProsCons
easy to use, fits well, front or back carry

Ratings
Overall5
Value4
Performance5
Comfort5
Durability5

#22 ·
Perfect :)

review by kelly marzolf

This is the perfect carrier. You can carry baby 4 different ways very comfortably and with NO looking up instructions on how to fold here, here and here to properly clip and flip and make it work (who has time for that?!) So easy! This super pretty carrier converted me to being a babywearer :) Love it!

ProsCons
Easy to use, beautiful, comfortablehard to undo clasps (also a positive for safety!)

Ratings
Overall5
Value5
Performance5
Comfort5
Durability5

#23 ·
We Love our Beco Gemini

review by jmariel

My husband and I love the Beco Gemini. I had been researching carriers while pregnant with our DS and had settled on an Ergo until a dear friend talked about her Beco Gemini. Comparing the two carriers, I fell immediately in love with the Gemini.

It has a higher back and safety buckles to hold baby securely. The foldable headrest is great for growing babies and for FFO (front facing out) carry. Unfolded, just attach it to the D rings for head support for your squishy infants; fold it down for older children neck support or to let your little one look out and about. The adjustable base is great too! Fold it in for when your child is little and unfold it when they get a little bigger. There is no need for any inserts!

As for comfort, I hardly notice that I'm carrying an extra 14 lbs with my DS. The weight is distributed evenly from my shoulders to my hips. My husband also finds the Gemini very comfortable and loves the adjustability. It is so easy for one of us to take it off and hand it to the other. We almost fight to see who gets to carry our DS in the Gemini!

Above all, we love how ergonomic it is for us and for our DS. We feel very comfortable knowing that his growing body is being supported properly, while our own bodies can carry him without getting achy or tired.

Papa and LX at SDZ.jpg

ProsCons
Easy adjustments for multiple baby wearers and growing babies, multiple carries, safety features for secure baby wearing, comfortable for baby

Ratings
Overall5
Value5
Performance5
Comfort5
Durability5

#24 ·
So comfy!-

review by melissasue

I purchased this the week before Christmas. My previous carrier had awful support (despite the claims!) and incould tell a difference immediately with the Gemini. I was able to shop without feeling like I needed to push he stroller "just in case". This is easy to put on and adjust while wearing. Plus my other carriers ( Mei tai & another Ssc) rub under the arms. Great carrier, especially for a newb or a quick carrier for the more experienced!

ProsCons
Comfy straps, no back pain, padded waist, safety locking straps, straps don't rub under arms, wide & narrow seat option, color options, easy!A couple extra loops I dot know what to do with, seem like they hold up the tail ends of the straps? No front pocket

Ratings
Overall4
Value4
Performance4
Comfort5
Durability5

#25 ·
comfy carrier

review by brennag

My son was born in June & I live in Sunny Southern California. I was looking for a comfortable supportive carrier that was not too hot. I find that slings bother my back & wraps are too hot & too complicated to put on. I mostly use my for grocery shopping, but I do use it other times. I used it quite a bit on my last trip to Disneyland too. I prefer my son facing me, but on occation I do wear him facing out & I like having the option.

ProsCons
comfortable, not too hot, easy to put on, baby can face in or out, fit newborn great without a newborn insert., reasonably pricednone that I can think of, but I recomend getting the teething covers my son sucks on the straps & slobers all over the front..

Ratings
Overall5
Value5
Performance5
Comfort5
Durability5

#26 ·
great carrier

review by allilind

I love this carrier. I found it in the Carnival Bloom pattern, which is my favorite! It performs really well. The buckles have an added push-button release on them, which I thought would be difficult, but turned out be br easy to operate. I can turn the baby forward or backward, which is nice, because she likes to see the world go by. The only thing I'd change is the rise height. I have a leaner, so if she's in it the traditional way, I have to be ready to support her. She'd never fall out, but it puts some strain on me when she does it.

ProsCons
very versatile. lots of carrying options, including forward-facing. lots of prints to choose from.rise is not very high, so backwards leaners have to be held onto.

Ratings
Overall4
Value4
Performance4
Comfort4
Durability5

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.