Viewing Product: Medela Swing Electric Breast Pump - Mothering Forums

Medela Swing Electric Breast Pump
Rating Distribution 4 Review(s)
              4 Review(s)
                02-09-2011, 12:18 AM by HeatherB
                When purchasing a new breast pump, I knew I wanted something completely BPA-free. In 2007, only a few brands were guaranteed to be BPA-free, and Medela was one of them. I had used a (non-BPA-free) Avent Isis previously, but was interested in the efficiency of an electric pump. However, I'm a SAHM and don't need the power of a double-pump.

The Swing is the perfect combination for me. It's a quick, efficient electric pump with two modes (one to stimulate let down, another for more efficie...
                  02-21-2011, 10:41 PM by StoriesInTheSoil

Got a fantastic deal on this so I snatched it up.  It is fine for occasional pumping and I really like the letdown feature.  It is not very powerful and would not be a good choice for more than occasional pumping and is also only a single pump so the cost seems excessive.

11-02-2011, 11:56 AM by w1ldl1femama

I use this pump daily at work to express milk for my 13 month old daughter.  I am disappointed that it takes so long to pump enough milk but recognize that this is supposed to be more of an "occasional" use pump rather than a "daily" use pump.  I would recommend other moms who want to pump at work to spend the money and get the more expensive double pump because it will probably work a lot better and save time.  My one complaint with this model is that I always get condensation in the t...

12-30-2011, 09:40 PM by meliahikes

i absolutely love this pump and have used it a lot with no loss of suction over time. it's quick and simple, and after having a terrible manual pump with my first i was blown away at hoe much milk i could get with an electric.

Related Conversations
                      There are no related topics.
                      No members have owned this product.
                      No members want this product.
                      Medela Swing Electric Breast Pump

Description: SWING 2 PHASE PUMP by MEDELA Swing is designed for Moms on the Go! Theonly single electric personal use pump with breakthrough 2-PhaseExpression® technology for maximum milk flow. First researched anddeveloped for hospital breastpumps, 2-Phase Expression is an advancedpumping pattern that mimics a baby’s natural nursing rhythm by pumpingin two distinct modes. Stimulation mode: To simulate your baby’s initial rapid sucking to start your milk flowing; Expression mode: To simulate your baby’s slower deeper sucks to express your milk gently and efficiently.; Includes:SoftFit breastshield; 2 bottles and caps; Bottle stand; Power cord; Shoulder/next strap; Tubing; Valve and membrane; Drawstring bag;

Detail Value
                      Binding Baby Product
                      EAN 7612367011013
                      Label Medela
                      Manufacturer Medela
                      Product Group Baby Product
                      Product Type Name BABY_PRODUCT
                      Publisher Medela
                      Studio Medela
                      Title Medela Swing Electric Breast Pump
                      Weight 4.41 pounds
                      Brand Medela