Mothering Forum banner

Fisher-Price Precious Planet Froggy Friend Potty

320 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Administrator 
#1 ·
Great for boys - easy to clean, take along

review by pickle18

This potty is great - excellent value & performance! (plus it's cute!) My 9 month old DS took to it right away. He is a big boy (30 in. tall - feet not quite on floor - & 27 lbs.) and this is the best potty I've found to fit him - slightly rounder/smaller bowl than Baby Bjorn potty chair (that one is more of a narrow oval - same depth), but haven't had any trouble catching both pees & poops. The guard is a tiny bit higher & definitely much wider (better splash protection). If DS is positioned properly (not leaning too far back or sitting too far forward) we don't have issues with leaks nor a smushed package. ;-)

The seat is plenty wide enough as well (BBPC is narrower - not a problem for most, but we need the room!) & just as deep as BBPC from front to chair back. Handle makes it easy to move between rooms (great for nighttime EC or just bringing potty to DS where he is playing) and to bring along for use in the car. We love it!

ProsCons
Large splash guard, easy-to-clean one piece insert, handle for easy moving, steady baseFew leaks around legs, between frog eyes, but usually due to positioning or baby playing with himself :)

Ratings
Overall5
Value5
Performance5

See less See more
#2 ·
Great for boys - easy to clean, take along

review by pickle18
i love this potty. great and easy to clean. however, the frogs eyes make it too wide for my daughter. it was awkward for her. i had to go buy a different one for her. she still liked it but wasnt really comfortable for her until she was bigger. we started her on it when she was 18 mo.

#3 ·
Meh.. Cute Idea, which failed..for us, at least?

review by echosoul

This was the first potty my in-laws got my son when they heard I was doing EC. At first, he couldn't even fit in it. He wasn't even crawling yet, and his thighs were too chunky to squeeze into this thing. So I set it aside, they ordered him a Bjorn Chair, because I had heard rave reviews about it, especially amongst the ECing community, and that was that. I introduced it to him again after he had slimmed down, and after he began refusing the Bjorn. He used it a select period of times. Mostly out of desperation, mainly only when I squatted him over it. Would *not* willingly use it worth a darn. Plus it looks difficult to get comfortable on, his bits are pretty much skin-tight to the splash guard, and he's peed between the eyes quite frequently. He'll only use this for night-time ECing, and ONLY if he's being nursed at the same time. Which is terribly awkward!

ProsCons
CuteAwkward shape, ineffective splash guard

Ratings
Overall2
Value1
Performance2

#4 ·
Cute but not always functional

review by amadorev

Got this initally as a gift, it was very cute and attracts little ones. Good price and quality materials, but not always easy to get into and out of. Maybe because she was a little chubby.

ProsCons
cute design, decent price and qualitynot made for allbody shapes,sometimes leak

Ratings
Value0
Performance0
Overall3

#5 ·
Fisher-Price Precious Planet Froggy Friend Potty

Description:
Fisher-Price Precious Planet PottyThis adorable potty is a cheery character friend that really engages toddlers in the potty training process, with simple function and a really affordable price for mom! It features a comfortable, stable seat that's easy to get on and off for toddlers, a removeable bucket (and integral splash guard for boys) that provides easy use and very easy clean-up for mom, plus a handle on the back for moving it around the bathroom or taking it along.

Details:
DetailValue
BindingBaby Product
EAN0027084647853
FeatureDimensions: 14.5 x 9.5 x 15" (WxHxL)
LabelFisher-Price
List Price$14.99
ManufacturerFisher-Price
Product GroupBaby Product
Product Type NameBABY_PRODUCT
PublisherFisher-Price
StudioFisher-Price
TitleFisher-Price Precious Planet Froggy Friend Potty
UPC027084647853
Release Date2008-12-01
Height9 inches
Length15 inches
Weight1.7 pounds
Width14.5 inches
BrandFisher-Price
MPNN1680
ColorFroggy Friend
Manufacturer Minimum Age18
ModelN1680
Manufacturer Maximum Age36
Size12-36 Months

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.