Viewing Product: Medela Contact Nipple Shield - Standard Size (24mm) - Mothering Forums

Medela Contact Nipple Shield - Standard Size (24mm)
Rating Distribution 5 Review(s)
    --
      40%
        --
          20%
            20%
              5 Review(s)
              Reviews
                02-15-2011, 11:22 AM by Mosaic
                If you really need a nipple shield to help establish nursing, this is the one you'll likely get. It has enough space to hold onto to put it in place but has a nice cutout so that the baby gets that extra contact with you. It's silicon and easy to wash. Not much you can say about it except that with the help of a good lactation consultant, this tiny thing could save your nursing relationship! As a result, as much as I didn't want to use it, I had to give it 5 stars!
                  04-04-2011, 05:35 PM by BryMama

tried this for my yeast breast infection for relief of pain of nursing, but it didnt really work for us. My son looked at me like i was crazy (8 months) and my nipple is too small to really get into the large space allowed for ladies with bigger nips than me!

11-02-2011, 05:40 AM by Leach0976

As a mom who has used nipple shields to help my preemies latch, I was disappointed in the new shape of Medela's nipple shield.  I first used the old design with my son who was tongue tied, and it worked really well.  I used them again for our 27 week preemie daughter with great success.  The LC in the NICU showed me this new design and recommended the old design but gave me both to try.  The old design worked well, but this design didn't.  It rubbed me raw on the notched side.  I tried...

05-30-2013, 02:10 PM by jescastyle777

I only used this because I had a severe open sore that took several weeks to heal and when I started to breastfeed again I had to use this.  It helped me get the baby back on the breast without continuing to open the wound.  Up to that point I was hand expressing only (YIKES).  Needs to come with a case or something cause you can easily lose this sucker, haha.

05-31-2013, 11:21 AM by ashleyb87

These are way overdiagnosed.  They are a beast to wean from if your baby ever can wean from them.  My first son was severely tongue tied and couldn't latch at all.  We had to wait until we were allowed to leave the hospital plus an extra day to get in to an Ear Nose and Throat doctor to clip his frenulum.  He was super nipple confused by then.  I saw an IBCLC and she gave me the older version of these that the silicone goes in a full circle.  I lost one and wanted to have one in my dia...

Related Conversations
                        There are no related topics.
                        Members
                        No members have owned this product.
                        No members want this product.
                        Details
                        Medela Contact Nipple Shield - Standard Size (24mm)

Description: Medela Contact Nipple Shield - Standard

Details:

Detail Value
                        Binding Baby Product
                        EAN 0020451672038
                        Feature Effective - Nipple shield use increases milk intake without decreasing total duration of breastfeeding for preterm infants
                        Label Medela
                        List Price $14.99
                        Manufacturer Medela
                        Product Group Baby Product
                        Product Type Name BABY_PRODUCT
                        Publisher Medela
                        Studio Medela
                        Title Medela Contact Nipple Shield - Standard Size (24mm)
                        UPC 020451672038
                        Brand Medela
                        Package Quantity 1
                        MPN 67203
                        Model 67203
                        Size Standard Size 24mm
                        Department womens
                        SKU 67203