Viewing Product: Nighttime Parenting: How to Get Your Baby and Child to Sleep - Mothering Forums

Nighttime Parenting: How to Get Your Baby and Child to Sleep
Rating Distribution 2 Review(s)
    --
      --
        --
          50%
            50%
              2 Review(s)
              Reviews
                02-17-2011, 02:44 PM by theresa1

This book was great to read when I had a wakeful newborn. It discusses sleep patterns of babies and new parents which was very helpful in understanding why my baby woke up at night.   I like a lot of the Dr. Sears books. This one and The Discipline Book are my favorites. 

04-08-2011, 09:42 AM by lollie2357

I found this book used.  It is very helpful.  I never intended to co sleep, but found that it worked best for me, and I was glad for the information this book provided.  However, as my toddler got older, and I needed my own sleep back, I changed my method.  It was a tough 2-day transition, but then it was over and we all sleep excellently now.  I attribute our good sleep to BOTH methods: learning to sleep at a young age, learning to sleep on her own at an older age.  My one c...

Related Conversations
                  There are no related topics.
                  Members
                  No members have owned this product.
                  Details
                  Nighttime Parenting: How to Get Your Baby and Child to Sleep

Description: Why do some families have fewer sleep problems than others? What works for most parents most of the time and why?Parenting is a full-time, twenty-four-hour-a-day job. Nighttime Parenting was written to make that job easier and to help the whole family--mother, father, baby--sleep better. It helps parents understand why babies sleep differently than adults, offers solutions to nighttime problems, and even describes how certain styles of nighttime parenting can aid in child spacing and lower the risks of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).Renowned pediatrician Dr. William Sears helps you find a solution to your baby's sleepless nights and offers comprehensive, caring advice on issues such as:* Where babies should sleep * What foods help children sleep* Tips for single parents* Getting children to bed without a struggleThis newly-revised edition incorporates the latest research on SIDS and its prevention, and is truly a must-have volume for all parents."This book belongs on the shelf right next to The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding. It will help all new parents raise happier and more secure children."--Mary White, founding mother, La Leche League (r) International

Details:

Detail Value
                  Author William Sears
                  Binding Paperback
                  Dewey Decimal Number 649.4
                  EAN 9780452281486
                  Edition Revised
                  Feature Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! BUY WITH CONFIDENCE, Over one million books sold! 98% Positive feedback. Compare our books, prices and service to the competition. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
                  ISBN 0452281482
                  Label Plume
                  Languages English
                  List Price $15.00
                  Manufacturer Plume
                  Number Of Items 1
                  Number Of Pages 224
                  Product Group Book
                  Product Type Name ABIS_BOOK
                  Publication Date 1999-11-01
                  Publisher Plume
                  Studio Plume
                  Title Nighttime Parenting: How to Get Your Baby and Child to Sleep
                  Height 0.51 inches
                  Length 8.52 inches
                  Weight 0.46 pounds
                  Width 5.38 inches