Viewing Product: Husband-Coached Childbirth (Fifth Edition): The Bradley Method of Natural Childbirth - Mothering Forums
Husband-Coached Childbirth (Fifth Edition): The Bradley Method of Natural Childbirth
Rating Distribution 2 Review(s)
    --
      --
        50%
          50%
            --
              2 Review(s)
              Reviews
                04-08-2011, 09:49 AM by lollie2357

Every woman should read this book just so they can understand the healthy approach to child birth and the risks of intervention.  It's important information that women should know, and I don't know any other good source like this.  That being said, this book does create a little fear in women of doctors and hospitals, and motivation based on fear isn't healthy.  Keep that in mind when you read the book.

11-02-2011, 06:32 PM by thegreenbeagle

This book helped me decide that I wanted a natural birth and that I wanted to take Bradley method classes.  However, I since have read others that present the same information in a more engaging way and that use more inclusive language.  I think it's a good read if you want to know about why natural birth is a good idea and how the Bradley method came about, but it's not a manual of "how-to" have a natural birth.  (I didn't know this when I first bought the book.)  

Related Conversations
                  There are no related topics.
                  Members
                  No members have owned this product.
                  Details
                  Husband-Coached Childbirth (Fifth Edition): The Bradley Method of Natural Childbirth

Description: Now completely revised and updated for today's parents-to-be...The book that started a revolution in the birthing experience and helped millions of women and their partners to a safe and natural childbirth.The Bradley Method has changed the way men and women—and the medical establishment—think about childbirth today. Now this new, updated edition of the groundbreaking work by Robert A. Bradley, M.D., has all the information you need to approach a natural childbirth safely, confidently, and wisely. From the reasons to choose the Bradley Method to the steps you will take as your birth day approaches—and after the birth of your baby—this book is designed to help couples share completely in the birthing experience. •Build better, deeper, and more trusting communication skills with your partner in preparation for a drug-free childbirth•Learn the physical, emotional, and mental relaxation techniques essential to a natural childbirth•Discover how you and your doctor can work together toward your natural delivery •Monitor your weight, nutrition, and your overall well-being during pregnancy•Use natural prevention methods for the most common pregnancy problems•Get the most out of the bonding experience you will share with your baby and your partnerWith its time-tested wisdom, medical soundness, and reassuring first-person accounts of natural childbirth, this book is the “gold standard” of childbirth books. The Bradley Method is an essential guide for anyone considering childbirth without unnecessary medications or medical intervention and to share fully in your child’s arrival into the world.

Details:

Detail Value
                  Author James Hathaway
                  Binding Paperback
                  Dewey Decimal Number 618.45
                  EAN 9780553385168
                  Edition 5
                  Feature Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! BUY WITH CONFIDENCE, Over one million books sold! 98% Positive feedback. Compare our books, prices and service to the competition. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
                  ISBN 055338516X
                  Label Bantam
                  Languages English
                  List Price $17.00
                  Manufacturer Bantam
                  Number Of Items 1
                  Number Of Pages 384
                  Product Group Book
                  Product Type Name ABIS_BOOK
                  Publication Date 2008-05-20
                  Publisher Bantam
                  Studio Bantam
                  Title Husband-Coached Childbirth (Fifth Edition): The Bradley Method of Natural Childbirth
                  Release Date 2008-05-20