Viewing Product: Ameda One-Hand Manual Breast Pump with Flexishield Areola Stimulator (Non-Sterile) - Mothering Forums

Ameda One-Hand Manual Breast Pump with Flexishield Areola Stimulator (Non-Sterile)
Rating Distribution 3 Review(s)
    --
      --
        --
          --
            33%
              3 Review(s)
              Reviews
                09-15-2011, 06:03 AM by Mosaic
                This came with my new Ameda Purely Yours, and it was my first venture into manual pumping. I have to say, it's a simple and elegant design! I love that it's small and lightweight, so I can pack it for trips out of town when you never know if DD will get a cold and nurse less, so that I'm guaranteed relief. I had to read the instructions a few times and stare at the pictures a bit to figure out how to attach it the first couple times I used it, but then I was impressed with how well it worked! I...
                  09-15-2011, 12:30 PM by JulieInChicago

I have both this and a Medela Harmony and far prefer the Medela.

The biggest problem is to operate it, you grab it in the palm of your hand and squeeze.  By the end of a 10-15 min pumping session I always have blisters between my thumb and forefinger from the blue plastic cutting into my hand.  It's very uncomfortable.

It's also very difficult to adjust the suction on this one.  You can easily pump faster or slower but it's difficult to get higher suction...

05-31-2013, 08:17 PM by briannas auntie

I produce breastmilk due to being on the drug Domperidone for gastroparesis, even though I have never been pregnant.  Because of the amount of breastmilk I produce while on this medicine, I kept getting breast infections, so my gyno suggested that I pump a little bit of milk out of me each day to reduce the risk of recurring infections.  I used to have an electric pump, but found it combersome and hard to travel with, so I bought the Ameda One-Hand manual breastpump with flexishield.  I...

Related Conversations
                    There are no related topics.
                    Members
                    No members have owned this product.
                    No members want this product.
                    Details
                    Ameda One-Hand Manual Breast Pump with Flexishield Areola Stimulator (Non-Sterile)

Description: One-hand manual breast pump, (2) valves, and flexishield areola stimulator,(1) 4 ounce bottel with cap. Without BPA or DEHP.

Details:

Detail Value
                    Binding Baby Product
                    EAN 0032884161799
                    Feature Without bpa or dehp
                    Label Ameda
                    List Price $50.90
                    Manufacturer Ameda
                    Product Group Baby Product
                    Product Type Name BABY_PRODUCT
                    Publisher Ameda
                    Studio Ameda
                    Title Ameda One-Hand Manual Breast Pump with Flexishield Areola Stimulator (Non-Sterile)
                    UPC 032884161799
                    Release Date 2011-01-01
                    Weight 4.6 pounds
                    Brand Ameda
                    Package Quantity 1
                    MPN 17066P
                    Manufacturer Minimum Age 1
                    Model 17066P
                    Manufacturer Maximum Age 24
                    Size With Flexishield
                    Department baby-boys
                    SKU AME-17066P