Mothering Forum banner

Girasol Woven Wraps

368 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Administrator 
#1 ·
Versatile, soft wraps

review by heatherb

Girasols were recommended to me as a good beginner wrap, being supportive yet not too thick, not too hot, and easy to work with. They definitely have been great for us! They are softer right out of the box than most wraps, which means less time breaking them in and more time using them. The colorways are gorgeous - and they have so many, now! The hardest thing is choosing just one! (Or 2...)

I got a Chococabana in 5.2m so my DH could do longer carries, like the BWCC. Of course, I helped him, but they both really seemed to like it! I eventually traded it for another carrier, but have since gotten another Girasol that I use frequently. I get many compliments on the gorgeous colors! It was that Gira that got me back into wrapping, even when I had a 2.5yo and was pg with #4!

DH and DS3 in Choco:

ProsCons
Softer out of the box, gorgeous colorways

Ratings
Overall5
Value5
Performance5
Comfort5
Durability5

See less See more
#2 ·
Girasol Woven Wraps

Description:
It has been our priority to provide baby carriers of high quality at favourable prices since 1984. We were awarded the top "Recommendable" commendation for our outstanding quality by the ÖKO-Test magazine in its special baby issue in 2000. A later test in the ÖKO-Test 2/2007 magazine found the Girasol baby carrier (rainbow stripes) to be "very good".

And there's one thing you can depend on:
Only pure untreated cotton that has neither been pre-bleached or chemically finished is used. We do not use formaldehyde, halogen-organic compounds, aromatic amines or brighteners. And our fabrics are not treated subsequently with chemicals or finishes.

Our select weavers are masters of a very difficult and ancient skill: diagonal weaving. A high-quality baby carrier produced with this method of weaving will always adapt elastically and never stretch out of shape. The hems have been doubled to prevent the edges from causing any unpleasant pressure.

Our carriers are all made from fabric that may be washed in the machine at 60°C . Baby carriers and slings shrink a little after the first wash - the lengths stated refer to the lengths after washing.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.